• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SanDisk Announces Its Fastest, Thinnest and Highest-Capacity USB Flash Drives

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced a suite of USB flash drives that includes SanDisk's fastest, thinnest and highest-capacity USB products ever. The drives offer consumers the storage they need to carry libraries of digital content with them wherever they go, transfer their files quickly and do so with style.

"Whether consumers are seeking super-fast transfer speeds, maximum storage capacity or a stylish fashion statement, we offer a drive to meet their needs," said Bob O'Keefe, vice president, retail marketing, SanDisk. "SanDisk pioneered the USB drive and now offers one of the broadest lineups in the industry, with a wide range of form factors and reliability that consumers can count on to store their important files."

SanDisk Extreme USB Flash Drive
The USB 3.0-enabled SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive can transfer, store and share large files up to 10 times faster with speeds of up to 190MB/s. USB 3.0-enabled device shipments will surpass one billion in 2014, up from 70 million in 2011, according to NPD In-Stat*. The SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive provides the fast performance that these next-generation computing devices demand.

The drive dramatically reduces wait times for consumers. It can transfer smaller files almost instantaneously and larger files such as a 3GB file in 20 seconds or a 40GB file in four minutes. The SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive is backed by a lifetime limited warranty and available worldwide now in 16GB to 64GB capacities carrying MSRPs of $64.99 to $159.99.

Cruzer Glide USB Flash Drive
The 128GB Cruzer Glide USB flash drive is SanDisk's highest-capacity USB drive ever, and features reliable, secure and portable storage for photos, videos, music and other files. The drive is an ideal companion for anyone using ultra-thin notebooks, which are often limited to 128GB of storage. In such a configuration, the Cruzer Glide USB allows consumers to double their available storage with a convenient portable solution.

Backed by a two year limited warranty, the Cruzer Glide USB flash drive is available worldwide now in 4GB to 64GB capacities with MSRPs starting at $19.99. The 128GB capacity will be available worldwide in Q3 2012 carrying an MSRP of $249.99.

Cruzer Facet USB Flash Drive
For users whose style is reflected in everything they do, the Cruzer Facet USB flash drive is a durable drive with stainless-steel casing designed with a variety of rich vibrant colors and a faceted texture. The Cruzer Facet drive combines function and personality, making it a fashionable way to store digital files.

It is available worldwide now in 8GB to 32GB capacities carrying MSRPs of $32.99 to $84.99.

Cruzer Pop USB Flash Drive
The Cruzer Pop USB flash drive is designed for young urban users looking for unique designs that complement their personality. The fun custom USB flash drive features rich colors and patterns plus a unique design that opens with a "pop" and conceals and protects the connector when not in use.

This new drive is SanDisk's thinnest and is available worldwide now in 8GB to 32GB capacities carrying MSRPs of $32.99 to $84.99.

Available Software
Virtually every SanDisk USB drive and all drives in the new suite include secure file encryption and password protection. SanDisk SecureAccess software provides 128-bit AES file encryption and password protection6 for private files while leaving the rest of the drive available for worry-free sharing. For added protection and convenience, two GB of secure online storage7 is offered for easy file backup and access from any web browser.

SanDisk also offers downloadable Cloud Catcher software, which allows users to backup and organize personal data from some of their favorite social media and online sites, hassle free on a SanDisk USB drive.

For more information, visit the following product pages:
View at TechPowerUp Main Site

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
Their USB 2.0 line is the slowest thing I've ever had the displeasure of having. Never again, Sandisk.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Their USB 2.0 line is the slowest thing I've ever had the displeasure of having. Never again, Sandisk.

They make a spectrum from cheap and slow to expensive and fast. You get what you paid for.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
They make a spectrum from cheap and slow to expensive and fast. You get what you paid for.

A cheaper Kingston at double the size is more than twice faster. I didn't even get half of what I paid for it.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
A cheaper Kingston at double the size is more than twice faster. I didn't even get half of what I paid for it.

In which case there is a pricing dislocation in the store you bought your flash drive for. Flash drive prices in UK arrange themselves according to speed, you usually don't get faster stuff for less money even across brands, unless there is a special offer or the price is within 10% of each other.

treehouse

System Name hazel
Processor phenom II 555 BE unlocked to 4 cores at 3.6ghz
Motherboard asus m4a89gtdpro
Cooling antec kuhler
Memory 8gb corsair
Video Card(s) 2 x 6950 crossfire
Storage ocz ssd 60gb
Display(s) LG 24 inch 1080p
Case nzxt phantom
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply BeQuiet 750w
In which case there is a pricing dislocation in the store you bought your flash drive for. Flash drive prices in UK arrange themselves according to speed, you usually don't get faster stuff for less money even across brands, unless there is a special offer or the price is within 10% of each other.

completely agree

I just wish they made a tiny USB 3.0 stick, like their 2.0 versions. Sandisk is still the best when it comes to USB flash drives, SD cards etc.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64

Maybe so, but here the store generally doesn't advertise rated speed, they're pretty evenly priced for the size. Actually, even amazon doesn't list it http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001T9CTRS/?tag=tec06d-20

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
Maybe so, but here the store generally doesn't advertise rated speed, they're pretty evenly priced for the size. Actually, even amazon doesn't list it http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001T9CTRS/?tag=tec06d-20

That will be for you to look up on before purchasing. I can tell you ASUS 7770 Direct CU II super overclocked is a lot faster than reference 6970 but further research will reveal otherwise.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
That will be for you to look up on before purchasing. I can tell you ASUS 7770 Direct CU II super overclocked is a lot faster than reference 6970 but further research will reveal otherwise.

I generally doesn't care too much about flashdrive speed as long as they get the job's done as I never notice any big difference before getting Sandisk's stuff. Oh well, lesson learned the hard way I guess (albeit, cheap one); avoid their bottom line product at all cost (yes, upon a bit of research, the kingston one was also the bottom line of the respective company).

I doubt it's priced differently on UK.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
I generally doesn't care too much about flashdrive speed as long as they get the job's done as I never notice any big difference before getting Sandisk's stuff. Oh well, lesson learned the hard way I guess (albeit, cheap one); avoid their bottom line product at all cost (yes, upon a bit of research, the kingston one was also the bottom line of the respective company).

I doubt it's priced differently on UK.

The bottom Kingston is always slightly above the bottom Sandisk, and the no name ones are also priced about the Sandisk ones (but quality differs greatly). At least that is how it is for a year or more now.

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
I own A-Data and a brazilian "Back in a flash, this is not a flashdrive" drive. It came preloaded with linux and a rescue software for windows. Quite interesting. But its slow, the A-Data is twice as fast.