• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tesla K20 GPU Compute Processor Specifications Released

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Now we are taking marketing slides as facts
You may be. I'm just pointing out that you can't parse a simple sentence without including personal bias.

In fact you are the one who introduced the Nvidia information
Update:Nvidias marketing slides put DGEMM efficiency of K20 at 80%
So if anyone is treating marketing slides as fact...it's you.

This coming from the ***** who didnt even know who ran GPGPU.ORG
Site reports university research paper. Linked.

Troll trys to sidetrack by highlighting a non-issue to divert attention from the fact that their straw man argument is shown to garbage. Achievement unlocked !!!

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
trolling wont be tolerated.

any insults past this post will result in immediate infractions.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
Xzibit, everyone (developer) know Tesla performance since it runs on supercomputers. :cool:

Xzibit, everyone (developer) know Tesla performance since it runs on supercomputers. :cool:

It's not about knowing its about reading and not presenting cherry picked information from a employees blog/site to disparrage a competitor.

It only took me 1 minute to recognize who ran the site and a couple minutes to read the research paper.
The paper didnt have anything to do with Nvidia rather AMD Radeon HD 7970 and its effeciency in GEMM. What was the purpose in introducing that other then to point out difference in effeciency between Nvidia and AMD. It make it all the worse being presented from a blog/site from a Nvidia employee.

For what other purpose than to show that AMD Radeon HD 7970 runs at 90% and not 100% would that link be relative. If he wanted to make the efficiency he could have choosen a number of article on Mr. Harris site. After all Nvidia is his focus but he delibrately pointed to a AMD specific article from all the vast information on a Nvidia dedecated blog/site from a Nvidia employee.

I stuck to just the DGEMM efficiency so I provide a quote by a research paper done by people who run these server on the company this thread is based on, Nvidia. I didnt go out of my way to try to disparrage this thread by providing information of its competitor.

He just wasnt intrested in providing information but disparraging the competition which does a dis-service to the forum. The evidence is his responce in this quote below..

*By your reasoning the AMD FirePro W9000 (3.99 TF SP, 1 TF DP) should be four times faster than a Quadro 6000 (1 TF SP, 515 GF DP)...after all, numbers don't lie right?
No...
No...
No

Nothing to do with efficiency in GEMM in anyway. Just baiting.

Thats all...

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
For what other purpose than to show that AMD Radeon HD 7970 runs at 90% and not 100% would that link be relative
To show that theoretical throughput does not equal real-world performance. Which is why I said:
Any comparison probably depends on actual performance efficiency rather than hypothetical. Unless you know what K20 brings to the table, a theoretical comparison is largely useless.
Note that the statement is vendor agnostic
If he wanted to make the efficiency he could have choosen a number of article on Mr. Harris site. After all Nvidia is his focus but he delibrately pointed to a AMD specific article
Because the person I responding to used AMD as a focal point...
in other words it can almost match tahiti
...and it was the first hit on Google. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Just for the record, I was the one that introduced DGEMM as an example. There are numerous other examples of real-world vs theoretical throughput- I chose DGEMM because being open source it favours no vendor