• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 keyboards vs. 3 mice. let us decide. M60, G9x, Naga Epic, Black Widow, Quickfire.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard Asus Z68 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 @ 1200/1475 @ 1175v
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Well I wanted to try something new recently. Been using the Razer Naga Epic and Razer Black Widow for over a year now.

Just got in the mail today a CM Quickfire Pro Cherry Brown switch, and a Corsair M60. I have a Logitech G9x incoming in a few days.

Hands down I already know I am selling my Black Widow, it does not stand up to the CM Quickfire Pro at all. These cherry brown switches are just fantastic. I liked the clicky clacky of blues at first, but after a year I have developed a tick to the sound and it drives me up the wall. Interesting how that turned out.

I do however notice increased fatigue when typing on the browns for longer periods of time. Build up that finger muscle, I probably will never notice. Now the great benefit of the Browns over the Blues I have found for me personally is increased accuracy when typing across the board. I am making significantly less errors while typing and everything just feels more solid.

They keys on the Quickfire Pro are tighter together, just by a millimeter or two but they are tighter together on the Black Widow, and I think this also may be why I am making less errors as my fingers have less distance to travel. Just my two cents.

Winner = Quickfire Pro Selling = Black Widow

Now the Corsair M60 vs. the Naga Epic. I have loved my Naga Epic for a long time, but I have recently noticed my aim in FPS games has been kind of off. Now with the M60, it does feel odd changing to such a different mouse, it is going to take some time to get used to.

I have noticed my aim is already improved, and contrary to reading many reviews the current Software and Firmware is A+. I know this particular mouse was buggy when first launched.

I like that both my ring finger and pinky finger hug the right side of the mouse, these gives me counterweight when aiming down my sites, before I was using palm grip on the Naga Epic, yet gripping it like a claw grip because I have large hands, it made my aim unstable but I was still fairly good with it.

Now the texture on both mice. Corsair M60 wins hands down. Much better feel, trying to grip the glossy black finish on the Razer Naga Epic never bothered me, but this solid Corsair sandpaper/rubberized (it's hard to describe) feels amazing.

The Corsair M60 Sniper button. Read a lot of reviews saying this was a gimmick, but I have found just in the short time I have tested it that it helps me in FPS games. While my DPI is set to 5700, My aiming towards the general direction of the enemy with any kind of gun not just the sniper, my right thumb seems to already auto reflex in hitting the sniper button when my cross hairs get close to the enemy. It does help some imo.

Still undecided on a winner for the mouse, will edit this post when my Logitech G9x comes in and I have more time to compare the 3. (I play all genres)

Here is how I game with a keyboard, no wrist wrest is needed for my style.

Last edited:

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
I think you may just not like the sound of the keys and you don't mesh well with something overly loud. Cherry MX switches are all very accurate and I don't believe typing benefits would result from a switch change. It's refreshing that you have found something that better suits you, and I think the CM offerings are fantastic for the price.

If you ever want the most silent that is offered by mechanical keys you may want to try a Matias Quiet Pro. That has been my daily work driver for data entry, and at home I use my silenced Das Keyboard with browns because I prefer the lighter switches for gaming.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I think you may just not like the sound of the keys and you don't mesh well with something overly loud. Cherry MX switches are all very accurate and I don't believe typing benefits would result from a switch change. It's refreshing that you have found something that better suits you, and I think the CM offerings are fantastic for the price.

If you ever want the most silent that is offered by mechanical keys you may want to try a Matias Quiet Pro. That has been my daily work driver for data entry, and at home I use my silenced Das Keyboard with browns because I prefer the lighter switches for gaming.

I used to love the loud blues, like I said, just after a year they started annoying the hell out of me for some reason. And I am certain the keys are tighter on the Quickfire Pro, the keys on the Black Widow are spread out more, just by a millimeter or two... let me get my ruler... yes it is, the Black Widow keys are about 2mm further apart between the keys then the Quickfire Pro.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Sounds like the Black Widow keycaps they use are non-cherry profile. The QFP uses Costar as their OEM and Costar makes the most sought after cherry keyboards on the market.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I like the clicky-clack of my Black Widow. :D I wear headphones most of the time so the noise isn't too bad. I've tried a lot of mice over the past year and I love the Steelseries Sensei. It feels a lot like my old Razer Copperhead I used to own and love... but much more expensive. :ohwell:

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I like the clicky-clack of my Black Widow. :D I wear headphones most of the time so the noise isn't too bad. I've tried a lot of mice over the past year and I love the Steelseries Sensei. It feels a lot like my old Razer Copperhead I used to own and love... but much more expensive. :ohwell:

Well another reason I decided to stop using my Black Widow is the F8 key no longer works, and I use that key all the time in Magic the Gathering online, and it doesn't allow key re-binding... though I guess I could have made a macro to switch it, but eh. I don't know my accuracy has improved tenfold with this new brown switch for some reason, I still think it is mostly because I type different then most people, my hands hover above the keyboard on the D or G or K and L and I just got at it while hovering. :/ It works for me, I dunno. :p

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
I too really like the CM Quickfire Pro. The switches feel good, and it's not as loud as I thought they'd be. As I've said before, my only gripe is no wrist rest. :(

I had to google to find out how to get the backlit keys to go on, but google is our friend! I do need to improve my typing ability as I'm a lousy typist.

I will admit that it's a tough decision between the brown switches and black switches. I do like both a lot. Time will help me decide.

Processor Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z68-GD65-G3
Cooling Kuhler 620
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xASUS GTX670 DC2 TOP
Storage 1x128GB SanDisk SDSSDX + 1x1TB WD Black
Display(s) Dell U2312HM
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Sounds like the Black Widow keycaps they use are non-cherry profile. The QFP uses Costar as their OEM and Costar makes the most sought after cherry keyboards on the market.

I thought Costar made the QF Rapid and iOne made the QF Pro?

iOne is the same OEM that makes the Razer BW.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r

Well I measured them and the caps are different, Black Widow is spaced out approximately 1.5 to 2mm more then the quickfire pro, I think this is why my accuracy has improved already after just one day. lol

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco

iOne was used for the CM trigger. The Pro and Rapid ended up as costar as CM no longer use iOne as a builder. Their latest CM QFTK is OEMed by PLUM as iOne and iRocks were not an option.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I too really like the CM Quickfire Pro. The switches feel good, and it's not as loud as I thought they'd be. As I've said before, my only gripe is no wrist rest. :(

I had to google to find out how to get the backlit keys to go on, but google is our friend! I do need to improve my typing ability as I'm a lousy typist.

I will admit that it's a tough decision between the brown switches and black switches. I do like both a lot. Time will help me decide.

Don't forget to enable full NKRO 26 key rollover through USB, this is the first keyboard to do this. I believe it is FN on, N and Del key to turn it on

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
I have a corsair m60. I was an unbeleiver in gaming mice beyond that they had better build quality. Now I am a skeptic. I used to have some wireless 2000 dpi logitech mouse. I do much prefer the way the m60 fits in my hand though, the build quality is fantastic. I really enjoy the dpi adjustments in certain games where I need to change it from time to time. Subjectively I don't feel I aim any better with my m60, objectively I have no proof. My logitech would occasionally act up because of the wirelessness and I no longer have that problem. No matter what the m60 is a nice mouse.

Thats my assessment.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I have a corsair m60. I was an unbeleiver in gaming mice beyond that they had better build quality. Now I am a skeptic. I used to have some wireless 2000 dpi logitech mouse. I do much prefer the way the m60 fits in my hand though, the build quality is fantastic. I really enjoy the dpi adjustments in certain games where I need to change it from time to time. Subjectively I don't feel I aim any better with my m60, objectively I have no proof. My logitech would occasionally act up because of the wirelessness and I no longer have that problem. No matter what the m60 is a nice mouse.

Thats my assessment.

I agree, I can see how some people will never get any use out of the Sniper button, but it works wonders for me, my play style is odd though, as is my typing style as mentioned above, lol :banghead:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
My RAT7 had a red sniping button that I thought would be awesome, but in the end I couldn't use it functionally. It was in an awkward placement so pushing and holding it was difficult while trying to game. I'm not sure about your mouse and where it's situated but hopefully it's more useful. :toast:

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
My RAT7 had a red sniping button that I thought would be awesome, but in the end I couldn't use it functionally. It was in an awkward placement so pushing and holding it was difficult while trying to game. I'm not sure about your mouse and where it's situated but hopefully it's more useful. :toast:

The M60 sniper is positioned perfectly for my large hand, my thumb lays right over it, Just played some Darkness 2, and the sniper button even helped me aim in that. I like it a lot so far, we will see, already decided to keep this over the Naga Epic, now just wait for my Logitech G9x to get here and I will compare it with the M60 then decide between those two, wow I love these brown switches so much, I needed a little extra resistance to my key presses.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
Sniper button is perfectly placed for me too. I don't ever play a sniper in any games unless I cant avoid it. It has been usefull for me once or twice. Like in world of planes it is useful.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
This thread gives me an excuse to post a pic of my CM Quickfire pro

It's a very nice keyboard, and I like the brown switches a lot. So I'm still stuck between this and the one I bought from sneeky, Mech 5

I also like the black switches a lot too, but I doni't think I can justify having 2 keyboards :banghead:

System Name Naraku
Processor Intel i7 2600k stock
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1070
Storage 240gb Kingston HyperX/1TB Hitachi Deskstar
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll
Case Azza Hurrican 2000
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 850w
Software Windows 7 Pro

I've been planning on getting the sensei for a while now and the only thing that's stopping me is the price. Is the price worth it? How's the build quality?

Processor AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4gb G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) NVidia EVGA Classified 780 ACX Cooler
Storage 1tb Barracuda + 2tb WD C.Black + 250gb Samsung SSD
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Xonar DG + Audio Technica M50's + Infinity bookshelves with receiver
Power Supply 850w Corsair
I've been planning on getting the sensei for a while now and the only thing that's stopping me is the price. Is the price worth it? How's the build quality?

I've had the Sensei for a few months now and haven't regretted it. I upgraded from a trackball. I judge my enjoyment of the mouse on the competitive style games I play FPS's and League of Legends. I've had no issues with the mouse in those gaming environments as of yet.

As for all of the features of the mouse, I do often switch between dpi speeds for FPS games especially if I cant get the right feeling from in game settings. The small screen on the bottom of the mouse is rather gimmicky in my opinion and I only ever played with it out of the box.

It may take a bit to get used to the ambidextrous design if you haven't used one before but overall I've enjoyed it.

If your not sure about the price check out some of the other steelseries mice before buying as I believe the price is where its at because of the on board processor and that little screen on the bottom.

I also am using one of their 4HD mousepads which helps with how smooth the mouse glides.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
I keep looking at mech keyboards, particularly the browns cherry keyed ones. I can not justify buying a keyboard that expensive unless I can try it first. The best tech store near me is best buy if that says anything.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I keep looking at mech keyboards, particularly the browns cherry keyed ones. I can not justify buying a keyboard that expensive unless I can try it first. The best tech store near me is best buy if that says anything.

I got this CM Quickfire Pro for $59.99, it was on sale on Newegg for 69.99 free ship and a 10 rebate. :( Best keyboard I have ever had, and it is cherry browns too.

I recommend waiting it out, surely be another sale on them soon.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
I got this CM Quickfire Pro for $59.99, it was on sale on Newegg for 69.99 free ship and a 10 rebate. :( Best keyboard I have ever had, and it is cherry browns too.

I recommend waiting it out, surely be another sale on them soon.

I saw that sale and nearly jumped on it. Still cant justify $60 for a keyboard. Its not like I don't like my current cheap hp keyboard. $25 for my m60 was one thing.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco

You should just go for it. I've used browns for 4 years now and I love them. All around they are one of the best options for switches. Just get one with a good return policy. It'd be really hard for someone who's used a mech to go back to a regular keyboard for every day use.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
You should just go for it. I've used browns for 4 years now and I love them. All around they are one of the best options for switches. Just get one with a good return policy. It'd be really hard for someone who's used a mech to go back to a regular keyboard for every day use.
You spoke to my inner geek right there

I think I will get an ssd and a 1440p monitor before I get a keyboard. Priorities ya know. In games my aim is what sucks, not my dodging ability. I also have never experienced this mythical fatigue reviewers mention.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
I don't feel like writing another review so here it goes.

Out of testing the Black Widow and CM Quick Fire Pro Browns I choose the CM Quickfire Pro hands down.

Out of testing the G9x, M60, and Naga Epic, I have settled on the G9x as it seems to be best for FPS gaming.

Out of testing the ATH-AD700, Sennheiser PC 360, Creative Alpha, Sennheiser 558, and Panasonic RP-HTF600, the Pansonic wins hands down, and it's only $29.99, amazing how that worked out. Really odd indeed.

There you have it folks, rock on, game on, and most importantly, TPU on.