• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Citizen 24 hours left to reserve your ship and alpha test status.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
This thread can be merged with the existing star citizen thread in 24 hours, or deleted after this time period.

Star citizen has already reached record crowd funding status, The game is 100% going to be made. And so this is a final role call for anyone wanting to make sure they have access to the alpha and beta tests. After this 24 hour period You will have to wait till the final release of the game to be able to play it. ATM that is estimated at 2+ years. The closed alpha is estimated in 1+ years, and the community that is pledging donations is currently so enthusiastic that the chat board is full, And people are actively choosing ship designs, and seeing new features as they roll out.

By having a ship pledge you gain a few cool features.

Firstly you get to watch the updates and tweaks as they happen. New ship designs, star systems, economic choices, Lore, all the cool stuff that will make this game a universe is going to be available.

Secondly RSI is giving choices, They will show multiple ship designs, multiple systems ect and ask pledger's to vote on what they think they want to see. This has already been show with the community picking the design of the freelancer ship.

You also get a full copy of the game on release if you have a full pledge with a ship. And you get lifetime insurance on the ship you have on your pledge.

So down to the real world economics. Why should you pledge.

Well simply put if you don't pledge your going to miss out on actually getting to see a game in development. It's rare a studio is so open to the gamers. Added to that the studio itself while been new has some of the most well known and trusted names in the space sim scene.

Your also backing with hundreds of thousands of other people. This is a safe investment. Currently at the time of posting this, the company has raised 4.65 million dollars. They have already met there target. Doubled it in fact. So the investment for the product is safe, they have more money than they thought they would get. So where's the extra going????

Well this is the real kicker. RSI have plans. BIG plans.

Imagine a game you can play on a 3d optical headset. SC will support that.

Imagine a game you can use your tablets as input devices So you can make a cockpit with interactive panel's, Watch your inventory, Have real time power management for you ship. SC will support that.

Imagine a game where you can use your full flight sim controller and you can bind up every control, SC will support that.

Imagine a game you want to play on a game pad. SC will support that.

Imagine a game solely for the PC, Designed to push the hardware you own, Not only today, But for 2-3 years. SC will support that.

So this game has a lot to offer.

Here's a link to the RSI site where you can pledge.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

And this is the current crowd funding model.

Don't miss out on what could be a very unique experience!

W

Wiselnvestor

RSI mainsite is experiencing HEAVY traffic and may not be able to connect. Please use KickStarter page to pledge.

Here's a short video of the AI attacking and defending a Bengal carrier.

NOTE: This is VERY EARLY pre-pre Alpha.

http://vimeo.com/53745615#

"

A short video of the AI of Star Citizen attacking and defending the Bengal Class Carrier. It demonstrates intelligent collision avoidance - a dense asteroid field, other space ships, including a large capital ship plus offensive and defensive roles.

NOTE: This is very early pre-pre Alpha. There was a bug with laser bolt speed in this build and they were incorrectly capped at a very low speed. That is not how they will behave in the game. But we thought the video was awesome enough to show you anyway!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
So what did everyone pledge? I chose Bounty Hunter level.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
I took bounty hunter level as well. I looked at the others, going on my track record in freelancer chances are I will never get in anything bigger than a fighter tho. So it made sense for me to have lifetime insurance on a slightly higher tier fighter.

W

Wiselnvestor

Digital bounty hunter here. I'll try to work/trade/smuggle my way through to a Constellation Mk3.

I'm tempted to get a Heavy Bomber... Sounds very interesting for Group PvP, PvE ...

Edit: Hope they add a ingame mp3 player so I can listen to some StarWars music and such while playing. (bark of the darkside? LOL)

Edit 2: I hope the Origin 300i look something like this. *fingers crossed*

Processor i9 9900k @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z370 Taichi
Cooling Xspc raystorm direct die, 2x 480 swiftech rads + 2x 120 block ice rads D5, Monsoon Dualbay Res
Memory 32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200mhz CL14
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Waterforce WB shunt mod
Storage Samsung Evo 860 500gb, Samsung Evo 860 1Tb x2, WD White 12tb x2
Display(s) Acer xb270hu 144hz 2560x1440
Case Enthoo Primo
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Multibit/Magni3 - M1060 (fuzzor+LQi cable+Eikon suede)/ATH-W1000X (Purrin's mod+suede)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1300w
Mouse Razer Orochi
Keyboard Tesoro
Software TeamOS W10 Pro/W7 Pro
Thanks for the heads up. I had not gotten around to pledging yet and this was a good reminder.

Watched the videos again and went bounty hunter as well. I did want the Pirate ship, but $110 is a little much at the moment.

EDIT: Dammit WiseInvestor!!! The pic of the ship made me go back to the site and pledge again!!! I upgraded to Wingnut so I get the Anvil Aerospace Hornet to play with.

I find it odd that the Pirate class ship is only available on the kickstarter page and not the actual site...

I hope this is the space sim that I have been waiting for.

EDIT 2: Getting close to the 5.5mil mark...

This is only the 2nd game I have "pre-paid" for. I'm still waiting for Interstellar Marines.

I'm addicted to space...

SOMEBODY ELSE POST TO BUMP THIS PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
If I dont pledge I cant play?

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
You will be able to play the game on release.

However by missing this deadline you have missed out on lifetime insurance for your ship, and Guaranteed alpha/beta testing status.

There is also talk of all the pre deadline pledger's getting an added bonus, What that is we don't know atm. I have a suspicion it will be a ship skin or free lifetime docking on your pledge ships.

As far as I'm aware the RSI pledge system will be back in place in a few days. It will be more expensive, and less exclusive. People who have any level of pledge set before the deadline will be able to upgrade the pledge they have made at any point and still receive lifetime insurance on ships purchased after the cut off date.

There is another more Suited thread for SC discussion tho. So this on should be locked and the other one allowed to continue.

This is the correct thread to continue the SC discussion.

On a final note here is the final list from RSI in regards to where you money is/has gone. And the final total at the deadline was 6.2 million dollars!

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
anyone wanna be my refferal?

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Sure! Anything I need to do?

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I need your refferal link or code you can generate in your star citizen account

I didn't get one yet. I donated through Kickstarter and I am supposed to be getting an email this month sometime. Once I get the info, I'll get you the referral. :toast:

W

Wiselnvestor

Hi erocker can you send me your refferal link or code too once you got it? I believe you got the first post on announcing Star Citizen on TPU.

Humm... Maybe we should start a TPU smuggling ring... Cheers!

Pioneer.twelve

System Name Mothership
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
Storage 2x OCZ Agility 120GB SSDs
Case Corsair 600T White Modded
Software Windows 7 Professional
Oh no! I missed my chance =( I hope somewhere down the line is the option to secure my spot alpha and beta tests stages again =/. At least a 24 hour window or something...

W

Wiselnvestor

You can still pledge on http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Crowd funding is still open till ...Monday? That's because RSI mainsite had about 48h of blackout due to heavy traffic in the last 48h.

I am fairly certain tiers still offers ships with lifetime insurance(till Monday?..). And place in alpha and beta testing is guaranteed.

"The people who pledge for their spaceships will get to test-fly them long before the general public. 12 months in, we will allow the early backers to play the multiplayer space combat Alpha, and then 20-22 months in they will get to play the Star Citizen space combat Beta, adventuring around the huge open galaxy, well before the general public. We are going to limit our alpha slots to 200,000 as we want to stress test the game with real users, but will not be ready for the full load until we have finished Beta.

In addition, part of the money we are asking for is budgeted to maintain the Roberts Space Industries site with constant updates. For those of you that joined before the official announcement on October 10th you’ll know that we’ve been doing two to three updates A DAY. Our goal is for the game’s website to be live from day one, constantly giving information about what’s happening in the galaxy even before the game is live, sharing interesting insights into the development process and canvassing the early backers for their opinions. Roberts Space Industries should be the first stop into the Star Citizen universe. When we say we want to involve the community, we really mean it!

Finally we are offering the pledge slots a discount to what the final digital price will be. Like Guild Wars 2, the basic game will be $60, but for the early backers we are offering the entry tier at $40.(35$ Early adapter Digital Scout tier,full game plus Alpha and Beta)

Our hope is that these benefits are compelling enough for you to pledge for your spaceship today.

Please support us, tell your friends and participate in the discussion. An amazing Interstellar adventure waits!"

As for me and all those who pledge on KickStarter, we are waiting for the survey due to arrive in less than 10 days, there seems to be A LOT of people who wish to upgrade their tier, adding ships, etc...

We could see the amount raised rise to ~7 mil hopefully more than 7.5mil ^^

Edit: Grace Period

In the aftermath of some of the craziest 48 hours we've ever experienced it’s become clear that there's a sizable number of people that were unable to pledge, or adjust their pledges due to the difficulties with the RSI site.

As a backer through Kickstarter you didn't have the same issues but we're letting you know that because we don't want to punish our incredible community for issues on our side we have decided to adapt our plans and offer a grace period for all current members of the RSI community.

If you have a membership, regardless of whether you have previously purchased a tier, you will be able to pledge at the current prices at the Roberts Space Industries Pledge Page through this weekend. We will keep the limited add-on ships available through that time for everyone who tried to purchase one but wasn't able. Everything will switch to the new pricing structure on Monday November 26th. "

Get those ships with lifetime insurance!

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
I wish I had spare cash laying around :(

Also - Celebrity voice-acting for Squadron 42; we will bring back at least one favorite from Wing Commander!

I'm betting it's Mark Hammill.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I take it you had to have registered prior to get the lifetime insurance?
I don't see it as being available anywhere (I just registered to check it out).

FrankWest

Hi Winvestor here. I couldn't get my account reset to log back so I had to create a new one instead.

Ok here's the official word from Rear Admiral Mobius from RSI

"There has been some changes to the official stance on matter. Now everyone, even new members who setup their accounts after the crowdfunding ended, can have lifetime insurnace on their pledge ship and have the old pricing structure, until grace period ends monday. Grab your ships while you can!"

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.c...or-all-pledges-new-or-old-till-monday-26-nov/

According to that post there was a brief period that the ships had only 6 months insurance on them.(I saw that for ~couple of hours or so, it was indicated on the info of those pledges) If that's the case please email sandi@cloudimperiumgames.com to switch to lifetime insurance.

Yes, anyone can have lifetime insurance till the last seconds of Sunday Nov 25.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
Hi Winvestor here. I couldn't get my account reset to log back so I had to create a new one instead.

Ok here's the official word from Rear Admiral Mobius from RSI

"There has been some changes to the official stance on matter. Now everyone, even new members who setup their accounts after the crowdfunding ended, can have lifetime insurnace on their pledge ship and have the old pricing structure, until grace period ends monday. Grab your ships while you can!"

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.c...or-all-pledges-new-or-old-till-monday-26-nov/

According to that post there was a brief period that the ships had only 6 months insurance on them.(I saw that for ~couple of hours or so, it was indicated on the info of those pledges) If that's the case please email sandi@cloudimperiumgames.com to switch to lifetime insurance.

Yes, anyone can have lifetime insurance till the last seconds of Sunday Nov 25.

What does it mean ship insurance? does it mean you will be able to fix ship for free or what?

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Ok, to bring this back to the front, There's less than a month to back this re-boot of Elite, named Elite: Dangerous. I know that some of us went whole hog on the Star Citizen backing, but Elite was the Zork of Space Sims, and the group could really use some of our cash. I'm bumping a couple of the Star Citizen threads to see if we can catch some additional bodies, who missed my original Star Citizen post over here back in October. *cheers* ;)

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
What does it mean ship insurance? does it mean you will be able to fix ship for free or what?

As I understood the Insurance, your ship is "Blow-uppable" :) which means, you can get your butt blown out of the sky, and have to replace it. You have to buy another ship, or if you're strapped, you'll have to fly "third-party", which I guess means flying missions with someone else's ship, until you can you buy your own. Here's the text of their Insurance FAQ.
Insurance FAQ

What is insurance?
Pilots in Star Citizen can purchase insurance policies for their ships, modifications and cargo. This ensures that your ship will be replaced and/or its modifications and cargo will be subsidized should you be destroyed in a fight or accident. As in real life, insurance policies must be maintained: you must pay a regular fee in galactic credits (the in-game currency) or your policy will lapse and you will not receive a payout or a ship replacement when your ship is destroyed.

Will this Insurance cost a lot?
Like in real-life insurance should be a relatively small part of your regular in game expenses which will also include paying landing fees, trade tariffs (if in a system with lots of infrastructure and law and order), fuel (if you don’t collect it yourself from a gas giant), buying cargo to trade, hiring help, making upgrades to your ship or even buying a whole new ship.

Some of the additional policies like upgrade or cargo insurance will be rated based on risk levels. Risk level 1 being the safest systems and risk level 5 being the most dangerous system that is insurable for cargo or upgrades. Any risk level over 5 is un-insurable. A risk 3 policy for cargo will cover you for all cargo losses in a risk 3 system or below. The higher the risk level of the policy the more it will cost. As with the base insurance this will not be crippling financially but instead be a reasonable running cost that relates to the risk / reward profile of the systems flown.

How do I get lifetime insurance?
Anyone who pledged for a copy of Star Citizen before November 26, 2012 automatically has lifetime insurance on their pledge ships; this protects the investment you made in the game in perpetuity. Anyone who pledged for a copy on or after November 26th starts with a finite insurance package for their ship. This can be anywhere from 2 months to 12 months depending on the ship and policy type. Lifetime insurance does not exist for modifications or cargo.

What happens if I don’t have insurance?
Your character will have to buy a new ship with any credits he has, or if he doesn’t have enough credits fly missions for a third party (both NPC and player) until he’s earned enough to buy his own ship again.

Will ships I add to my account have lifetime insurance?
Users who registered and bought at least one ship before November 26, 2012 can purchase additional ships with lifetime insurance for the next twelve months of development. Users who registered on or after November 26, 2012 can purchase additional ships with variable length starter insurance policies ranging from two months to twelve months.

Can I trade my lifetime insurance ship?
Yes. The lifetime insurance will follow the ship hull when it is legally sold or gifted. If the ship is stolen or otherwise captured, the policy will not transfer.

Will my insurance carry over to ships I earn in the finished game?
No, and you cannot transfer insurance policies from one ship to another.

Can I use my insurance as an excuse to simply ram other ships to death knowing I will get my ship back?
You can, but this will be a very bad idea as it is inconvenient and time consuming in getting your replacement ship ready to go again. Additionally there will be an increasing delay in replacing your ship every time you make a claim within a certain period of time.

Can I insure alien or one-off ships?
No. The only exception is the limited number of Vanduul fighters sold through the RSI site during the pledge campaign; these ships do have lifetime insurance included.

What will you do to combat insurance fraud?
A ship cannot be sold without a legitimate hull id code. Claiming on the insurance policy invalidates the hull code on your previous ship, so if it was captured or stolen the new owner will be unable to sell the ship at a regular ship dealer. Additionally if you have claimed on a policy and someone is flying the stolen ship in a well policed system, the hull id will mark it as a stolen ship, the law will be after you and landing privileges will be denied on any lawful planet. You will be able to fly a “hot” ship to the less savory parts of the Star Citizen universe, where you will probably be able to land and may be able to purchase a fake hull id code, but it will take effort and not necessarily be cheap.

Finally the Advocacy takes insurance fraud very seriously. If it can be proven that a player has colluded with another player to defraud the insurance company, that hull’s lifetime insurance will be invalidated and the player may have to pay a large amount of credits to keep their record clean and not be marked as a wanted criminal.

Linked from here : http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
If I get it right,FOr now we just reserved ships,but when game comes out we will need to buy game for additional cash?

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
That depends on your pledge level.

All of the pledges that had a ship with them also have a full copy of the game, and some extra credits and access to the alpha and beta tests. The cheapest of those pledges is $35 for the scout package. If you only placed the $10 pledge I do not know if your extra ships will benefit from the lifetime insurance upgrade and the $10 pledge does not include a full copy of the game.

Ship insurance is a replacement ship minus your upgrades when you destroy your ship. Lifetime insurance means you will always have the ship that is tied to your pledge replaced whenever it is destroyed. Regardless of how far into the game you are. This insurance does not cover upgrades and cargo. You can insure your ships in game as well for a small credit cost. While the lifetime insurance is in no way needed it does mean you have a throw away ship that is always going to be replaced. Added to that the insurance could be tied to something bigger and more powerful like a freelancer or constellation. If you failed to pledge before the deadline then i believe you only get 4 months of in game insurance with any new pledge, people that got pledges in before the deadline have a full year to add more ships to the plan and all new ships will get free insurance as well.

This game is not pay to play. It's going to run on a GW/GW2 style funding model. That means the game will have all of the options available to people in game for in game cash that are also available on the web store.

This model should work like this.

Spend time getting credits doing grunt work to pay for a ship. Or spend RL cash in the store for the same ship. This doesn't mean the people who pay RL cash get an advantage. Just that they don't have to spend the grind time generating income. I suspect ship skins will be available for heroic acts, But most of the skins will be only available via the store since they don't affect game balance.

expansions and updates. CIG has stated that the game should micro transition through content. Small updates every few weeks adding content, Added into that there will be a paid content update similar to how the GW model works.

System Name "Dark Wind"
Processor Sandy Bridge i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.336v
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximum Gene-Z
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight w/AS5
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 1600mhz 2 x 4gig
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gig
Storage Western Digital Black Cavier 640gig AALS/ Samsung 840 Pro 256gig
Display(s) Dell U2412M / Viewsonic VX2025WM
Case Cooler Master HAF XB
Audio Device(s) SB X-fi Titanium PCI-E
Power Supply Corsair AX860 Platinum
Software Windows 7 64 bit Premium Home
Tempting big a big old school fan of Space sims but I wanna see more of a product after getting burnt my MWO before I shell out money again for an unfinished product