• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Announces the Edge VS Series Mini PC

SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced a new family of mini-PCs based on the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) technology from AMD, codenamed Trinity. The SAPPHIRE Edge VS series delivers fantastic performance and stunning graphics in a small format for a wide range of applications, whatever the environment.

At home, the compact, beautiful design can be sited anywhere, replacing older bulky PCs - yet it will breeze through almost any task. In fact scores of top applications have been optimized specifically for the technology in the SAPPHIRE Edge VS. In addition to easily handling home office applications, it delivers flawless, stutter-free HD video playback and streaming, and faster and better Internet browsing.

For the business user, its super-compact and sleek design releases valuable desk or floor space, yet it remains securely in place thanks to its Kensington Lock facility. Built with the latest AMD APU technology, it runs all standard Microsoft Office and other productivity applications efficiently. And because it accelerates browsing, file compression and decompression it delivers increased productivity. Yet at the same time it saves costs - the low power consumption of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series means that it uses less than 10% of the power consumed by conventional PCs. It is delivered without Microsoft Windows - so you can save further cost by using existing license arrangements or choose an alternative operating system.

The SAPPHIRE VS series is a revolution even for gamers. Whether for online or playing on your own, the EDGE VS is a super-smooth, super-stylish solution. Its small format makes it extremely portable, ideal for LAN events or just for taking to share with friends - but its performance belies its size. The built-in AMD APU technology supports all the latest games titles, with more and more being optimized for this technology. The internal Radeon HD graphics engine delivers superb graphics rendering for game play or streaming.

Developers and System Integrators will enjoy the flexibility and features of the SAPPHIRE Edge VS series. With the latest Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) from AMD and hardware accelerated video on board, it offers superb performance in a small form factor, together with low power consumption and excellent external connectivity. Communications options include built-in Gigabit LAN, wireless and Bluetooth. The HDMI and DisplayPort video outputs can be connected to a wide range of display devices including TVs and projectors as well as high resolution monitors. Optical digital audio output is provided in addition to analogue I/O.

These features combine to make the SAPPHIRE Edge VS an ideal solution for a wide range of commercial applications such as retail displays and digital signage as well as bringing benefits to multiple PC installations such as corporate offices, call centres or in education. The standard models ship with 4 GB RAM and Hard Disk pre-installed, but an option will be offered with no OS, RAM or disk fitted, allowing for custom configurations to be assembled, including the use of SSD drives and RAM upgrades up to 16 GB.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Yep, I'd buy one!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Looks nice to me. Much better than Acer's attempts in this field.

System Name Unholy Black
Processor Intel 3570K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Cooling Corsair H80i
Memory 16GB (8GB X2) Kingston hyper X 2400mhz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970
Storage 250 GB Crucial MX200,120 GB SanDisk Extreme SSD, 1TB SAMSUNG
Display(s) Asus PB278Q and Asus VE247
Case Corsair Air 540
Power Supply Cosair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
acers new 1 does not look so bad

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
Looks rubbish. Is Lian Li the only company that knows how to bend and mill aluminium in the whole world!?

I think it looks great. What exactly are you talking about bending and mill aluminum. looks like they did a nice job. It also is a mini computer and low priced. If you looking for a high end brushed aluminum, you will not find it on lower priced PC's like this.