• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Comes Up With a 3 GB GeForce GTX 660 Ti

jazh23

Processor Intel 2500K@4.2GHz 1.26V
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB (4x2) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz cas 8
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 560 ti 448 cores
Storage SSD 120GB mushkin + 500GB WD Caviar Black.
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 2333 1920x1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Xtremegamer
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 bits
Yea both the Gigabyte and the MSI Power Edition are good ones, the former is quite slim and silent but the durability of the fans are not the best ... while the latter eats less power but it needs a little tweaking at the fan speeds under load to make it less noisy. There is also the one from Asus, which is the best overclocker iirc.

I would like to note that I never recommend upgrading to anything but twice as fast at least. You already have a very good card, and while the difference will be great and noticeable of course, but perhaps it won't be as much as what you would find satisfactory.

I'll buy a new card because currently I can't run games smooth with maxim settings like Far cry 3, or Assassin's creed 3, etc.

I don't known that the gigabyte's fan has a durability problem, i will continue reading more reviews that help me to choose the best one. Thanks a lot...

I don't known that the gigabyte's fan has a durability problem,
Some of them tend to become a little noisier over time (not all tho), and since you get three of them on a card, it can be an issue later, but it's not a bad card at all, nothing is perfect.

I'll buy a new card because currently I can't run games smooth with maxim settings like Far cry 3, or Assassin's creed 3, etc.
While things will run much smoother indeed, don't expect super-smooth 60+pfs in every single game if you plan to use ultra settings, because you need a stronger setup in 1080p for that. Far Cry 3 needs more than a single card with ultra , but the 670 will max out BF3 in 1080p, no problem.

jazh23

Processor Intel 2500K@4.2GHz 1.26V
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB (4x2) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz cas 8
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 560 ti 448 cores
Storage SSD 120GB mushkin + 500GB WD Caviar Black.
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 2333 1920x1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Xtremegamer
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 bits
Some of them tend to become a little noisier over time (not all tho), and since you get three of them on a card, it can be an issue later, but it's not a bad card at all, nothing is perfect.

While things will run much smoother indeed, don't expect super-smooth 60+pfs in every single game if you plan to use ultra settings, because you need a stronger setup in 1080p for that. Far Cry 3 needs more than a single card with ultra , but the 670 will max out BF3 in 1080p, no problem.

Yeah, I think that's because the games nowadays are so poorly optimized, most of them are console ports...

Thanks again, I will go for the 670...