• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

0.6.7. wrong readout GT440

interman

Hello, I would like to inform about wrong readout of pixel fillrate on GeForce GT440. The GPU-Z seems to miscalculate this value:

It should be the same as texture fillrate, as this card has the same number of ROPs and TMUs.
At least I think so :D but also Wikipedia confirms that ROPs=TMUs=24.

I have also a side-question. Does shader clock have any effect or influence to any other value shown in GPU-Z?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
It should be the same as texture fillrate, as this card has the same number of ROPs and TMUs.
At least I think so but also Wikipedia confirms that ROPs=TMUs=24.

Being in different domains of the GPU, I'm pretty sure that you can't assume that the same number of ROPs and TMUs does mean that the two components do very different things at the same speed. Since that isn't how you calculate fill rate, I'm assuming you probably don't know how it's done, in which case, I'm wondering how do you know that it is wrong?

interman

Since that isn't how you calculate fill rate, I'm assuming you probably don't know how it's done, in which case, I'm wondering how do you know that it is wrong?

I'm shocked how far you went in your guessing. I searched through the internet and the results told me that it should be the same. What do you mean by 'speed', when these two values have completely different meaning and units, so it's coincidence these two numbers are to be just the same. So far pixel fillrate value was calculated as a product of ROPs number and gpu clock. wasn't it? The internet tell so.

So that fillrate displayed by GPUZ at now is correct? How can I measure it by myself ?
Besides, various language versions of wikipedia also confirms that pixel fillrate is the same as texture fillrate

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
check my link