• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COUGAR Introduces Dual X - A New Line of LED Fans

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
COUGAR, leading Taiwanese/German PC case and power supply brand, has introduced a new line of LED fans called Dual X. COUGAR launched their VORTEX line of fan products in November of 2011 and today that series has become COUGAR's best selling product with over 200,000 units sold in the USA. After more than a year of having received outstanding feedback from system builders and enthusiastic DIY users, COUGAR fans have a proven track record.

COUGAR's fan products have been designed and tested under a series of strict criteria including air flow, air pressure, noise, performance and lifespan. The engineering has proven the design to be the optimal combination of cooling efficiency, silent operation and high lifespan, making it one of the best cooling fans on the market.

Now COUGAR is introducing a new line of 120mm and 140mm fans with LEDs called Dual X. COUGAR's Dual X LED fans provide an option for gamers and enthusiasts who like the visual effects of LED fans in their rigs. But COUGAR goes one step further since their fans are designed and patented with exclusive technology, making them stand out among various LED fan producers. There are 4 colors to choose from with either orange, green, or blue LED powered transparent blades (the black blades have no LEDs) that generate colorful visual effects.

But these being COUGAR designed fans, the LED effects are only icing on the cake. For the products to be useful they need to have core features that do their job of cooling your rig supremely. Features such as:
  • DUAL-LAYER RIGID BLADE DESIGN - The COUGAR Dual X LED fans feature 9 rigid dual-layer blades generating a more powerful airflow, air pressure & decreased wind shear noise
  • COUGAR DIVERSION CLAWS DESIGN - The innovative COUGAR diversion claws provide focused airflow and reduced noisy air turbulence.
  • ANTI-VIBRATION PAD & AERO-DYNAMIC DESIGN - This greatly reduces vibration and assures a silent operation. The air-inlet with optimal aero-dynamic design reduces noisy air turbulence further.
Advanced Hydraulic Bearing
The Hydraulic Bearing has a larger oil storage space than the traditional sleeve bearing design as well as a unique loopback type oil circuit system. Compared to the sleeve bearing, the Hydraulic Bearing has lower noise and a longer service life, the main design advantages are as follows:
  • Closed oil retention design: This is an improvement over the traditional bottom seal design. There is a seal at the bottom of the fan to form a closed oil retention circuit. This prevents lubricants from leaking and prevents dust from entering the system. This also greatly extends the fan's life and reliability.
  • Large spaced oil storage design: With the traditional fan the unsealed bottom does not have a lot of storage space for the lubricant. The hydraulic bearing fan uses a closed bottom with an oil storage space to help keep lubrication.
  • Special low-wear, high temperature lubricants: the hydraulic bearing design uses a special low-wear, high temperature lubricant. These are synthetic lubricants that last a long time. Even if used continuously for a long period of time, and with the fan in a high temperature state, the lubricant will not break down as quickly.
  • Pressurized oil reserve circuit design: This design ensures the bearings and the storage tanks are connected with lubrication entering the bearings system.
  • Specially designed axle: the axel is made of specially designed aerospace materials that are resistant to wear and tear.
Overall, the Hydraulic Bearing design can be said to be a revolutionary change. It is far superior in every aspect to the Sleeve Type design and has a greater advantage in noise control than the traditional ball bearing fans. It does this all without reducing the cooling effect of the entire system.

For more information, visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

These have actually been visible to view on their website for about 2 1/2 years now, but they were unavailable to purchase.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
Nice these have better spec's than the Vortex HDB! except the they are HB and not HDB
Not much more, but can always use more Air flow.

I have 4x CF-V12H(Vortex HDB) and they are great, I do with they could move more air when they have a a filter they really don't move much air.

DUAL-X Red LED Fan Spec.

Old Vortex HDB

EDIT: found this video
[yt]n22YkAo-lFM[/yt]

Last edited:
System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
What! No orange led? :cry:

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
I do with they could move more air when they have a a filter

I bought one to try it out. Was silent and well built. Great fan. It just did not move the amount of air I wanted it to move. I bet these fans are great too.