• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI P6N-Series: nForce 680i and up to four PCI-E slots

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
Usually I would have presented the Press Release right here. Instead I will write about it with my own words because at the moment you won't find the English Press Release only the German one which horribly translates using Google or something similar.
So now to the facts: MSI today presented it's P6N-Series for Socket 775 Intel CPUs based on the nForce 600i chipsets. The flagship is the P6N Diamond featuring four PCI-Express slots (2x PCIe x16 and 2x PCIe x8), two Gigabit-Ethernet ports, 5x SATA II connectors (Raid 0,1,5,JBOD) and Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme 7.1 Kanal Audio implemented onboard. It comes together with a rather hefty price tag which reads around 300 Euros.

[Update]
AnandTech managed to test the P6N SLI Platinum a day after the Press Release. Get yourself some popcorn and a Coke and enjoy the review.
[Update]

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:

ktr

$400 for a board...when it comes out to market it will be much cheaper (just like the asus striker extreme). The MSI diamond series are very nice, good parts, and goes way beyond the reference design...

And what caught my attention is built-in xfi...sweet! All those pci-e arent gonna be for graphics only, a lot of peripherals are switching to pci-e...

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
[Update]
AnandTech managed to test the P6N SLI Platinum a day after the Press Release. Get yourself some popcorn and a Coke and enjoy the review.
[Update]