• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lenovo z580 not entering in sleep with lid closed

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000 and nVidia GT630M
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Software Windows 8 x64 Enterprise N
Hi guys hope every things good there, im fine but im facing some issues with my lenovo z580 it started 2 days ago, the laptop just don't go into sleep mode when I close the lid I removed the power management software, reinstalled but nothing the problem remains does anyone faced the same or similar issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
It started 2 days ago? Can you remember what have you installed during those 2 days? Any particular event? You could check, just in case, from the batery icon on the tray-> more power options->choose what closing the lid does. I have Lenovo, but I don't use their power management app. I can't remember the options, but there are a decent amount. Go through them one by one and see if you have missed something. Last, but not least you could update your BIOS- I do it all the time with my Lenovo. They realease new versions here and there and so far from what I have seen, they bring benefits to my experience. I strongly suggest that you check their web site with your laptop service tag. (often in the patch notes they mention "sleep" issues and blackscreens after resuming)

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
I will check now but i remember the last programs i installed and was Connectify Me and a bunch of programs like that i wanted to turn my laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot to share my internet with my PS3 i removed all the programs i've been testing just let installed connectify i will search for bios updates and stuff and i will reply asap.

Thanks for replying...

System Name Gundam 00
Processor 3612QM 2.10Ghz
Motherboard Intel
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1333
Storage Seagate 640GB
Display(s) 15.6 Inches
Case Lenovo
It started 2 days ago? Can you remember what have you installed during those 2 days? Any particular event? You could check, just in case, from the batery icon on the tray-> more power options->choose what closing the lid does. I have Lenovo, but I don't use their power management app. I can't remember the options, but there are a decent amount. Go through them one by one and see if you have missed something. Last, but not least you could update your BIOS- I do it all the time with my Lenovo. They realease new versions here and there and so far from what I have seen, they bring benefits to my experience. I strongly suggest that you check their web site with your laptop service tag. (often in the patch notes they mention "sleep" issues and blackscreens after resuming)

Hi again, connectify me was the cause of all problems :) i removed and every thing is normal now thanks for replying i will download the latest version it became available today and i will let u know if it causes the same issues so every TPU user will know :)

ueutyi

System Name Tenku Pailok
Processor Intel Core i7 3820
Motherboard Asus P9 X79 PRO
Cooling Corsair H55 with 2 additional fans
Memory 8GB ADATA DDR3
Video Card(s) Radeon HD 7970 MSI
Storage A WD Caviar Green 1TB 5400rpm
Power Supply Corsair AX750+Coolermaster 700W
Benchmark Scores X3682 - 3DMark 11
trayicon-battery options-more batt options- powersaver