• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft May Bring Back The Start Button

System Name Geil
Processor Ryzen 6900HS
Memory 16GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Radeon 6700S
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 120Hz 2560x1600
Software Windows 11 home premium
W8 just brings a big clunky tablet interface to the desktop. Unless I'm missing something, it has no business being installed outside of mobile like touch devices.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Nothing is compatible with 2wire

So explain why the amd apu desktop and the celeron laptop are working along with my droid phone on a 3800 RG¿?

Bald Eagle

All this fuss about the golden oldie Windows Start button.

There it was, sitting comfortable in the bottom left hand corner, not doing any harm, but doing a tremendous lot of good, rather like a cybernetic kidney. Then some bum comes along and deletes it. Well done, give the guy a prize banana.

They will soon only be making two left shoes in a pair because it is cheaper to do so. That is if the same guy gets a senior job in the shoe industry after MS have sacked him.

Last edited:
I just got a new laptop with Win8. After giving it a week of trying it out I came to the conclusion that if one has a touchscreen device Win8 is fine. For everyday keyboard/mouse use it is very non-intuitive and gets frustrating to use. I got the Start8 ad-in and it makes Win8 work for me.

BTW the laptop I got is a refurbished unit. I read recently that almost 66% of computer returns since last fall are because user didn't like Win8 and not because there was anything wrong with the hardware. Saved 40% and as far as I can tell, unit was barely used.

Sam