• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Announces F.R.E.Q.4D Gaming Headset for Windows PC And Smart Devices

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the F.R.E.Q. 4D Gaming Headset for Windows PC and Smart Devices, expected to ship fall 2013. Part of the Company's GameSmart range, the F.R.E.Q. 4D is the first Mad Catz headset to feature ViviTouch 4D Sound. Designed to add a new dimension of sound perception to the gaming experience, ViviTouch 4D Sound combines muscular bass with sensory feedback, producing an actual physical sensation to the gaming audio. In addition to gaming use, the F.R.E.Q. 4D is equally at home with movies or music, featuring multiple EQ settings and a detachable in-line cable which allows for easy conversion from USB to 3.5mm to support standard stereo audio on iPhone, tablets and most smart devices.

"Utilizing ViviTouch 4D technology, we believe the F.R.E.Q. 4D brings an added sense of realism to sound effects in first person shooters and action adventure games," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive. "The F.R.E.Q. 4D demonstrates our commitment to PC and Smart Device gaming, which we believe will resonate with passionate gamers."

The F.R.E.Q. 4D Gaming Headset will be available in gloss black, gloss white and gloss red colors.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

If similar to the FREQ5 I own, I can say that the build is exceptionally strong, except the "bridge" between the 2 shells, the thin plastic exterior there of mine is partly broken (not affecting function). (=big head.... ) :wtf: