• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Project CARS (Discussion)

System Name Leviathan
Processor Intel Core i7 920 @ 4 Ghz (on air)
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme
Cooling Thermalright IFX-14
Memory Corsair 6GB XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 570GTX HD in SLI
Storage Kingston Hyper-X SSD 240GB
Display(s) Acer GD245HQ + Samsung 226BW
Case Lian-LI A7010B
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Arena
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64bits
System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I get MORE annoyed every time I see this thread."Hey here's the Updates on this GREAT game that You CAN'T have,,,,Atleast NOT for another Year or So. Hahahahaha".
Jealousy @ 100%
B.S.

Last edited:
I get MORE annoyed every time I see this thread."Hey here's the Updates on this GREAT game that You CAN'T have,,,,Atleast NOT for another Year or So. Hahahahaha".

B.S.

There's an easy solution to that. Don't look. You had your chance to get in when as everybody else did...

System Name Leviathan
Case Lian-LI A7010B
It will be available again during this year, my intention is not to make anyone jealous but to tell those who hadnt the chance what's going on with the game lately.

Did the new update change a bunch of stuff? Feels like I can't control the cars anymore even after changing settings...

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
Did the new update change a bunch of stuff? Feels like I can't control the cars anymore even after changing settings...

tried out a mitsubushi evo, seemed fine to me.

i find the default sensitivity in game a bit high. can lower that if you find it too sensitive.

System Name Leviathan
Case Lian-LI A7010B
Dont forget to select the proper car tires before trying to race with them, select Car Setup and go to the global tab, change the tires to the ones you like and go race.

There's some test tires in the mix on some cars so they might act weird ^^

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
There's an easy solution to that. Don't look. You had your chance to get in when as everybody else did...

Great idea. Unfortunately, I have be using TPU as a guest, or member for Years now, and NOT just for THIS thread, So.......Kinda hard to Avoid it champ. Thanks for the Pearls of wisdom anyhow.:roll:

System Name Leviathan
Case Lian-LI A7010B
Another month, another update on Project CARS.

Nicolas Hamilton, brother of Lewis Hamilton, visited recently the Slightly Mad Studios and met with the developers, eager to get more hands-on with the Project CARS title and having always wanted to make a video game, Nicolas joined the developers for an informative and entertaining afternoon at their studio near Tower Bridge, London.
During his time with the developers they discussed his time in the Renault Clio UK Cup, his current participation in the European Touring Car Cup, and how his experience on the track translates directly into the game.
Nicolas grew up with his brother Lewis playing on some of the previous highly-acclaimed SMS titles GTR and GTR2 and has been an active member of the WMD community since November last year giving valuable feedback and suggestions since joining (WMD members can check out Nic’s thread right here ).

Project CARS, from today onwards is integrated with Steam for every member of the Project CARS Community.
All the current members can access Project CARS by getting their personal key from their official forum profile and adding it to steam, there’s still a lot of work to do before we can say it has a full integration (ex: with multiplayer features) but we are on the right track and this represents a big step forward in the development.

Along with these great news, the development in terms of sound and visuals has been progressing quite nicely, currently there not much I can show you in this area but in the next update I’ll be sure to post some new images.
Modders now have the ability to make their own driver suits and helmet designs, the community already started making some crazy outfits and helmet designs.

To end this up, here’ s an amazing new trailer by Jonz.
http://vimeo.com/69691304

Last edited:
System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yeah I'm very happy for steam. And Jonz makes good videos can't wait!

System Name Leviathan
Case Lian-LI A7010B
Been a while since i posted here but it has been a bit dificult to me to be writing new stuff on the different places i usually visit, so from now on i will be posting mainly news about Project CARS at Steam in the Project Cars Community Hub, sorry about it.

Just so you know briefly what happened since my last visit, the developers acquired licence for Team Oreca vehicles, their LMP2 car is the one so far announced but there might be a few more surprises coming along the way. Dubai Autodrome is now licensed as well so expect some improvements in terms of fidelity and maybe even some other parts of their complex!
A new car is also in development, the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM, currently using a street version as a placeholder in order to test the physics, this car will be a competitor against the already ingame BMW M3 E30 which will allow everyone to revive those famous battles around Nordschleife and in other DTM circuits.

And here's the bombshell (cant live without one), if you live near Berlin or you are thinking of visiting the IFA 2013 (6-11th of September) you will be able to try out Project CARS running on a brand new Panasonic 4K UHD TV from inside a racing car rig ! That's right, sounds insane doesnt it?

You can read about this and much more at the Project CARS Steam Community HUB, thanks!

System Name Classy Gal
Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1070 FE
Storage 2x120GB Vertex 3 - 1x1TB WD
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Titanium HD
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 750W
Software Win10 / Linux Mint
Here the new cars:

1994 McLaren F1

2013 McLaren 12C GT3

Last edited by a moderator:
Project cars races to next-gen!

Today, Slightly Mad Studios are proud to announce that crowd-powered, AAA racing title Project CARS will be coming to three further gaming platforms in 2014.

Both Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles will see Project CARS racing onto them during 2014 as gaming enters the next generation with new benchmarks of graphical fidelity and technical power becoming possible and Project CARS aiming to set a new standard for virtual racing for motorsports and car fans around the world.

Furthermore, Project CARS will also be coming to Valve’s Steam OS, extending an existing partnership with Steam that has already allowed tens of thousands of WMD members the ability to download and play builds of the game during its development and allow specific multiplayer and social features that are only possible using this unique platform.

“Project CARS has always led the pack in terms of insane detail. Whether that’s graphically in the craftsmanship of our cars and tracks, technically in the way we’ve approached weather and time of day, or emotionally in how each car feels and responds to your touch. These powerful new platforms allow us therefore to not compromise on the quality of our vision and ultimately that means players are going to experience something truly breathtaking when they get behind the wheel.” - Ian Bell, Head Of Studio

Project CARS will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC, and Wii U starting Fall 2014.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-races-to-next-gen

Build 603 (8/11/13, Team Member+)
Environment:
* Tree ambient boost tuning, vertex animation added
Render:
* Improved Environment Map for Player Car when using Ultra Envmap detail setting (includes scene lights at night and also opponent cars). Bonus feature - with Reflection Settings at Ultra, scene lights are also now rendered, so that cars reflected in water/puddles now correctly pick up scene and headlights.
* Renderer/Renderbridge and GraphicsEngine use fast SSE2 mode, rather than precise - this results in much faster maths code in a lot of places avoiding un-necessary promotion to doubles.
* Headlights: Optimized polygon light cone (should help night racing fps)
Vehicles:
* BMW M1 Procar: Added support for LODX meshes (ULTRA detail)
* McLaren MP4-12C: Added to game, fixed classes, fixed CPIT display, fixed rear wing animations, added HUD tacho
* LMP RWD P30: Added LMP RWD P30 first export, runtime file fixes + added placeholder liveries + ambient shadow added
* Formula C: Added body UV template, ambient shadow rendered
* Ford Capri Group5: LODA and B interiors polished, mapped and textured. A couple of small LODX/CPIT interior fixes made too, all new Interior DDS texture. Initial check-in.

Know Issues:
California Highway (All):
-There are still some microgaps between road/terrain sections, will be fixed asap
-Trees/bushes look bright on shadow areas
-terrain drawing issue caused by a bug with the skyring shader. Skyring shader drawing just in front the far plane
-Bad sea/flickering. Bug with the skyring/sea shader
Monitor:
-If you access the map feature it will lead to a crash

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Nice Nords vid, sunset looks so real, and I agree, the car sounds great too.

I tried to do another search for latest builds tested on KB, but couldn't find anything. Last vid I saw of someone driving on KB was the full Nords north loop though, and he was handling it pretty well even with a build quite a bit older than 603.

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G. Skill 4 x 2 Gb
Video Card(s) CPU
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX 750
Software Win 8.1 - 64 bit
Hy, first i would like to say that i like very much what are you doing and I'm eagerly exspecting this game on PC!?
Now that i sad that i must say that i noticed a bug in all of your videos, when the car goes trough the tunnel, the reflecting (rear) mirrors get extra bright, it does not corespod to the dark environment in the tunnel, and also i must notice that shades are not shown in the rear mirrors!?

Hy, first i would like to say that i like very much what are you doing and I'm eagerly exspecting this game on PC!?
Now that i sad that i must say that i noticed a bug in all of your videos, when the car goes trough the tunnel, the reflecting (rear) mirrors get extra bright, it does not corespod to the dark environment in the tunnel, and also i must notice that shades are not shown in the rear mirrors!?

Project CARS currently is pre-Alpha version, this is the why the game has some bugs, these will be solved with the time. ;)

New gameplay giving a lap at belgian circuit of Spa-Francorchamps with Audi R18 (Asano LM11 TDX in the game), after the lap also the replay.

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G. Skill 4 x 2 Gb
Video Card(s) CPU
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX 750
Software Win 8.1 - 64 bit
Project CARS currently is pre-Alpha version, this is the why the game has some bugs, these will be solved with the time. ;)

I know, i just wanted to point out the bug, im sure that you noticed it but just to bee extra sure i pointed it out, also im very excited with stuff that you showed and im sure that this will look and "drive" beautifuly when it gets done!? :)

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I know, i just wanted to point out the bug

It might not be even a bug, it could be simply HDR luminance adaptation - from inside of the tunnel outside looks extra bright especially right after entering dark environment - this effect usually simulates eye adaptation to dark

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
In case I missed it, are you allowing complete seating adjustment and field of view control?
Assetto for example allows FOV from 10 degrees up to 120. When the FOV is really low, it pushes your view right up onto dashboard, giving you much more response due to your perception.

I have seen the helmet cam and not convinced it will be universally applicable to all vehicles.
Does it have the option to disable look to apex?

System Name Classy Gal
Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1070 FE
Storage 2x120GB Vertex 3 - 1x1TB WD
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Titanium HD
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 750W
Software Win10 / Linux Mint
In case I missed it, are you allowing complete seating adjustment and field of view control?
Assetto for example allows FOV from 10 degrees up to 120. When the FOV is really low, it pushes your view right up onto dashboard, giving you much more response due to your perception.

I have seen the helmet cam and not convinced it will be universally applicable to all vehicles.
Does it have the option to disable look to apex?

You can adjust pretty much everything from the menu, and you have some more options ingame (cams) and from the debug menu.

screenshot from the menu:

Untitled.png