• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock Infinite no guns run.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Up until yesterday I had been putting off trying this for some time after hearing of others doing it. I'm starting out just on Hard vs 1999 because I tend to play the game with ranged weapons when using guns, so it takes quite a bit of getting used to. I am using the DLC packs that give you Electric Punch, 5 Infusion bottles, $500 and 5 lockpicks though.

To my surprise the places I thought would be hard where I use the sniper rifle a lot have been quite fun. You would think this type of challenge would feel way more repetitious, but it keeps you moving around a lot more using several places to leap to and from, vs just holing up in one spot taking shots.

Currently I'm using Electric Punch, Executioner, Vampire's Embrace and Deadly Lunger for my gears. It's a very powerful melee combo. The only thing is Deadly Lunger has you leaping 3x as far for melee, so it can put you out into fire and disorient you a bit as you're looking for the next nearby victim (the old narrow FOV FPS syndrome).

Vigor wise I've only bought Possession for Less so far and have started using it to crack open vending machines to get the coins. Offensively the vigors now become your "guns", and Possession is the most useful thus far. I've only buffed Shield and Salts with the infusion bottles, slightly more on Shield.

I've actually bound the controls in such a way to make it impossible to accidentally fire guns or even aim. I was doing fine until I got to one of those spots I was worried about. It's the spot after Hall of Heroes where there's a wave of enemies that come after you summons the air ship via using Shock Jockey.

I had killed all but one enemy and could not see him even though my tear Patriot was shooting at him. I jumped up on a Skyline near where his voice was and sure enough he was stuck way high on a roof and would not come down. Worse yet it was a place I could not jump to or even fire a vigor at.

I then had Liz open a different tear then the Patriot again to get him to move to a better vantage point, as he wouldn't budge. This time he again saw the cop, but wouldn't shoot at him. Finally I broke down and rebound "Fire weapon" to LMB, hopped on the Skyline near him, and shot him dead.

So it won't officially be a no gun run, but since it's due to sort of an AI glitch, I'm going to treat it like one. I know there will be tougher parts ahead, but there's also better melee tools coming, like Charge. This is more fun than I'd anticipated. I recommend any Bio Infinite fan try it to extend replay value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor i5-4670k
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z87
Cooling Super Quiet 22dBA Titan Triple Copper Heatpipe
Memory 8gb (2x4gb kit) Kingston HyperX Genesis Dual-DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Palit 3gb GTX 780
Storage 240GB Intel 550 Series SSD, 2TB WD Caviar Black x2, 2TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster S24B300
Case CoolerMaster Silencio 650
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 5.1
Power Supply Corsair Pro Series HX850-80 Gold Modular
Software Windows 7 Pro x64 / Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark - 7893
Good idea, I might give that a run through myself.