• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Unveils Updated Naga MMO Gaming Mouse

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the latest iteration of the Razer Naga, the world's all-time, best-selling MMO gaming mouse. The Razer Naga's iconic 12-button thumb grid is now outfitted with mechanical switches for increased tactility, speed and actuation assurance. Each button on the thumb grid stands out more pronounced than previous generation models to allow for blind-finding, letting gamers more easily execute commands.

The Naga's ergonomic form factor has also been updated with a broader shape offering the best feel and comfort to a wider range of hand types. The fourth and fifth finger rest has a gentler down-slope to promote better grip and reduce fatigue over extended play. Razer's latest Naga also features a tilt-click scroll wheel that clicks in and out and also left and right, disposing more buttons for gamers.

The original MMO gaming mouse, the Razer Naga was announced in 2009 and helped launch a new line of gaming mice that many have imitated but none have matched.

"When we launched the original Razer Naga gaming mouse several years ago, we had no idea that it would rise to become the best-selling MMO gaming mouse the world has ever seen, helping launch a slew of other MMO mice," said Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "In fact, we expect the copycats to be the first in line to order the new Razer Naga. This new iteration is no different - mechanical thumb grid buttons for better game control, improved ergonomics that were already widely accepted as the benchmark for this type of mouse within the editorial community and intuitive software that makes MMO gaming more efficient."

In-game MMO configurator software is also being introduced and is included with the Naga to allow gamers to set up their mouse's key binds, macros and other preferences, all from within any games they play. This is achieved via a non-intrusive overlay, so gamers conveniently never have to quit games to customize the mouse exactly as they need.

Also available at launch is the left-handed edition of the all-new Razer Naga. Razer decided to produce the left-handed edition of their best-selling MMO gaming mouse at an expected fiscal loss as a result of popular community demand.

"Why? Because we like to do fiscally irresponsible acts for the betterment of gamers worldwide," said Tan.

The Razer Naga is available now at Razerzone.com and at participating retailers worldwide. For more information on the Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse, please visit www.razerzone.com/razernaga.

About the new Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse
Get complete control over your MMO gaming with the all-new Razer Naga. Featuring a 12-button thumb grid, the Razer Naga is outfitted with mechanical switches to deliver faster, more tactile actuations. Its improved form factor promotes exceptional comfort and fits snugly with a wide range of hand shapes, sizes and grip-types, while the included in-game MMO configurator software allows gamers to conveniently set up the mouse without ever leaving the game.

Price: $79.99USD/EUR

Availability: Razerzone.com and worldwide - Available Now

Product features:
  • Total of 19 MMO optimized programmable buttons
  • 12-button mechanical thumb grid
  • Tilt-click scroll wheel
  • 8200 dpi 4G laser sensor
  • Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled
  • Green LED backlighting
  • 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
  • Up to 200 inches per second / 50 g max acceleration
  • Zero-acoustic Ultraslick mouse feet
  • 2.1 m / 7 ft. braided fibre cable
  • Product dimensions:
    Length: 119 mm / 4.68 inches
    Width: 75 mm / 2.95 inches
    Height: 43 mm / 1.69 inches
  • Product weight: 135 g / 0.30 lbs

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
Also available at launch is the left-handed edition of the all-new Razer Naga. Razer decided to produce the left-handed edition of their best-selling MMO gaming mouse at an expected fiscal loss as a result of popular community demand.

"Why? Because we like to do fiscally irresponsible acts for the betterment of gamers worldwide," said Tan.
(emphasis mine)

I'm having a hard time believing that. Still it's nice for all the people who use left-handed mice.

Either way, the new Naga looks like it borrowed a few things from Logitech's G600... which borrowed a few things from the original Naga.

System Name Blaznee's pc
Processor i7-4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX980 Superclocked
Storage Samsung 840Pro 500GB, WD Black 1TB Sata6GB, WD Green 2TB Sata
Display(s) Acer Predator 34" G-Sync
Case Corsair Graphite 600D White edition
Audio Device(s) FiiO E18 Kunlun DAC
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 850w
Software Windows 10
I don't get why they moved the two buttons from Naga v1 from the front to behind the scroll wheel. They are useless there it seems, and at least for me those 2 are the most important buttons.

Now I have to get a Molten edition if I need to replace my Naga.

System Name TITAN Slayer / CPUCannon / MassFX
Processor i7 5960X @ 4.6Ghz / i7 3960x @5.0Ghz / FX6350 @ 4.?Ghz
Motherboard Rampage V Extreme / Rampage IV Extreme / MSI 970 Gaming
Cooling Phanteks PHTC14PE 2.5K 145mm TRs / Custom waterloop / Phanteks PHTC14PE + 3K 140mm Noctuas
Memory Crucial 2666 11-13-13-25 1.45V / G.skill RipjawsX 2400 10-12-12-34 1.7V / Crucial 2133 9-9-9-27 1.7V
Video Card(s) 3 Fury X in CF / R9 Fury 3840 cores 1145/570 1.3V / Nothing ATM
Storage 500GB Crucial SSD and 3TB WD Black / WD 1TB Black(OS) + WD 3TB Green / WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) LG 29UM67 80Hz/Asus mx299q 2560x1080 @ 84Hz / Asus VX239 1920x1080 @60hz
Case Dismatech easy v3.0 / Xigmatek Alfar (Open side panel)
Audio Device(s) M-audio M-track / realtek ALC 1150
Power Supply EVGA G2 1600W / CoolerMaster V1000 / Seasonic 620 M12-II
Mouse Mouse in review process/Razer Naga Epic 2011/Razer Naga 2014
Keyboard Keyboard in review process / Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014/Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2011
Software Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 7 ultimate / Windows 7 ultimate
Benchmark Scores cinebench 15.41 3960x @ 5.3ghz Wprime32m 3.352 3960x @ 5.25ghz Super PI 32m: 6m 42s 472ms @5.25ghz
I dislike the new angular shape of the mouse. My favorite part of my naga is the shape.

System Name Black Knight | White Queen
Processor Intel Core i9-10940X | Intel Core i7-5775C
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore X299G | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S (White)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | Xigmatek Dark Knight SD-1283 Night Hawk (White)
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 | Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB DDR3L 1600MHz CL9 (White)
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC | KFA2/Galax GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hall of Fame Edition
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB, 850 Pro 256GB, 840 Pro 256GB, WD 10TB+ (incl. VelociRaptors)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW2721D 240Hz, ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q 170Hz, ASUS PA246Q 60Hz| Samsung JU7500 48'' TV
Case Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW (Black) | NZXT ??? w/ ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 1250W 85+ | Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W (White)
Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate, Razer Naga Trinity | Razer Mamba 16000
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Orange switch) | Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I don't get why they moved the two buttons from Naga v1 from the front to behind the scroll wheel. They are useless there it seems, and at least for me those 2 are the most important buttons.

Now I have to get a Molten edition if I need to replace my Naga.
Yep. I dislike it too. Shame that the first mouse using this configuration was the Epic edition instead of Naga 2013.
I dislike the new angular shape of the mouse. My favorite part of my naga is the shape.
Yes. Now the new Naga looks pretty regular mouse.
(emphasis mine)

I'm having a hard time believing that. Still it's nice for all the people who use left-handed mice.

Either way, the new Naga looks like it borrowed a few things from Logitech's G600... which borrowed a few things from the original Naga.
And it looks little like Taipan with the grill. I think it's time Razer to take little break and create more interesting and innovative quality products instead of quantity..

(emphasis mine)

I think it's more for the marketing aspect. Few companies make left-handed counterparts to their right-handed mice and even fewer companies do it for "gaming" mice. For how much it will cost them to design, manufacture, and ship a left-handed variant they will likely lose money due to how small the market is. I would expect they will only sell it on their online store because manufacturing and shipping even more units to resellers (Newegg, TigerDirect, Best Buy, etc.) will only lose them more money. The market for gamers who want a left-handed MMO mouse is a niche within a niche and they will gladly buy it from the Razer Store if they really want it and have waited this long for it.

On the flip side of that, it makes Razer look good for actually listening to that small percentage of gamers and making a mouse for them. I would bet that if the buyers were willing to wait this long for a left-handed variant of the Naga then they will be happy with what Razer has put out and will buy more Razer gear to match their new mouse. The $10 per left-handed Naga that Razer eats the cost of will be offset by the $50 in margin they make from selling them a BlackWidow Ultimate and pair of headphones to go with their Naga. Not to mention all the users who now proudly show off their Naga and speak well of Razer. It's a solid marketing move even if it's a poor investment in a single product.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
If it had a third click button (like the G600), then I'd be sold. I bet they're sandbagging for the 2014 model and will add it then.

Anyone have review links for this?
I found a few Youtube videos but they don't properly test and review it.

Last edited: