• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC Amplifies GeForce GTX 780 for Class-Dominating Performance

ZOTAC International, a global innovator and manufacturer of graphics cards, mainboards and mini-PCs, today amplifies the GeForce GTX 780 beyond 1 GHz for class-dominating performance. The insanely-fast ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition gives demanding gamers an extra performance edge for superior smoothness without sacrificing maximum visual quality.

"Our engineers spent extra time fine-tuning the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition to perfection," says Carsten Berger, senior director, ZOTAC International. "We took that extra time to push the base clock past 1 GHz, boost the memory clock by 3-percent and top it off with our brand new Triple Silencer enhanced cooling system."

Beyond the insanely-fast clock speeds is a brand new ZOTAC Triple Silencer enhanced cooling solution that incorporates three quiet high-performance fans that reduce temperatures up to 10C and noise levels by 15dBA under heavy gaming loads. The ZOTAC Triple Silencer is finished off with signature orange fan blades and a black fan shroud for styling that looks as good as it performs.

It's time to play with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition!

General details
  • New ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! Edition graphics card
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 GPU
  • Engine clock: 1006 MHz (base) / 1059 MHz (boost)
  • 2,304 processor cores
  • 3 GB GDDR5 memory
  • Memory clock: 6208 MHz
  • 384-bit memory interface
  • Triple Silencer Enhanced Cooling System
  • PCI Express 3.0 interface
  • NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology
  • NVIDIA Surround capable
  • NVIDIA FXAA & TXAA technology
  • NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
  • NVIDIA SLI (3-way) ready
  • NVIDIA SHIELD gaming portable ready
  • NVIDIA NVENC video transcoding acceleration capable
  • DirectX 11.1 (feature level 11_0) technology & Shader Model 5.1
  • OpenGL 4.3 compatible
  • Blu-ray 3D ready
  • Loss-less audio bitstream capable
  • ZOTAC Boost Premium software bundle
    Nero Kwikmedia
    XBMC
    UNIGINE Heaven DX11 Benchmark
  • ZOTAC Splinter Cell Compilation game voucher
    Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Splinter Cell Blacklist (downloadable summer 2013)

Specifications:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
God I hate the marketing bulsh*t these companies muster up and spend thousands of dollars to write. Though admittedly, the card looks nice, but I'll overclock my cards myself thanks, and retain warranty regardless.

Processor Intel i9-9900k @ 5GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
Cooling ThermalTake Riing 240
Memory 2x8GB G-Skill 3600 CL19 @ 16-19-19-20
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2060 Amp!
Storage 2x Samsung 860 Evo 512GB, 4x Seagate 8TB
Display(s) 2x Dell U2713H
Case CoolerMaster M500P
Power Supply ThermalTake Toughpower 730W
Software Windows 10 Pro
Zotac cards always seem to have the highest out-of-box clocks, but sometimes they seem to be already overclocked past the point of instability.

I'd take ASUS or MSI's factory OC stuff, thank you very much.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
but I'll overclock my cards myself thanks, and retain warranty regardless.

I agree. To be perfectly honest, I've never understood buying a factory OC'ed card when the OC's are never anywhere near what someone can accomplish on their own.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
I agree. To be perfectly honest, I've never understood buying a factory OC'ed card when the OC's are never anywhere near what someone can accomplish on their own.

Sometimes the factory binning helps.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Sometimes the factory binning helps.
That is overrated IMO. Perhaps there is a slight higher average on the Matrix/Lightning/etc but for the most part they are all within a 20-30MHz range at the high end. MUCH more depends on the quality of the core than the power bits and PCB for ambient overclockers. ;)

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
Zotac cards always seem to have the highest out-of-box clocks, but sometimes they seem to be already overclocked past the point of instability.

I'd take ASUS or MSI's factory OC stuff, thank you very much.

Why? Zotac has more warranty time and better than both combined.

My Zotac GPU has 5 yrs warranty, the only one that comes close is EVGA as far as I know.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Why? Zotac has more warranty time and better than both combined.
My Zotac GPU has 5 yrs warranty, the only one that comes close is EVGA as far as I know.
Seconded. My experience with Zotac has been good. Usually reasonably priced in relation to the competition (esp for the clockspeed), and support from both the PC Partner AIB divisions (Sapphire and Zotac) has been more prompt and easier to navigate than Asus, Gigabyte (local geographic distribution office) and MSI (3.5 weeks to get a reply from presumably head office last time out effectively curtailed my Microstar purchasing).
Still tend to go with EVGA. As a frequent upgrader, having the warranty tied to the card rather than the registered owner makes resell a lot easier.

hairy spotter

Seconded. My experience with Zotac has been good. Usually reasonably priced in relation to the competition (esp for the clockspeed), and support from both the PC Partner AIB divisions (Sapphire and Zotac) has been more prompt and easier to navigate than Asus, Gigabyte (local geographic distribution office) and MSI (3.5 weeks to get a reply from presumably head office last time out effectively curtailed my Microstar purchasing).
Still tend to go with EVGA. As a frequent upgrader, having the warranty tied to the card rather than the registered owner makes resell a lot easier.

Thirded. Zotac even allowed me to voltmod the bios of my GTX580 because of some instability issues (after having convinced them that my WC loop was adequate enough to handle it) while still being covered by warranty!

Nothing but praise from me.

Processor Intel i9-9900k @ 5GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
Cooling ThermalTake Riing 240
Memory 2x8GB G-Skill 3600 CL19 @ 16-19-19-20
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2060 Amp!
Storage 2x Samsung 860 Evo 512GB, 4x Seagate 8TB
Display(s) 2x Dell U2713H
Case CoolerMaster M500P
Power Supply ThermalTake Toughpower 730W
Software Windows 10 Pro
My gripe was mostly to do with some of their older stuff. A friend got a 570 AMP! which would become unstable at the factory clocks.

Turned out the solution was to raise the voltage from 1.0 to about 1.025, but after going through the Zotac forums it seems they had a lot of similar cases to this. My surmise is that really some of the AMP! edition cards are so aggressively clocked that there is very little tolerance for voltage. They could very well be stable as tested by Zotac, but a slightly lower-end (or older PSU) and things very quickly become less than ideal.

Obviously a TPU reader would have very little trouble with something like this, but for the less technically savvy it could be a bit of a headache when your new GPU is unstable out of the box.

My gripe was mostly to do with some of their older stuff. A friend got a 570 AMP! which would become unstable at the factory clocks.

Turned out the solution was to raise the voltage from 1.0 to about 1.025, but after going through the Zotac forums it seems they had a lot of similar cases to this. My surmise is that really some of the AMP! edition cards are so aggressively clocked that there is very little tolerance for voltage. They could very well be stable as tested by Zotac, but a slightly lower-end (or older PSU) and things very quickly become less than ideal.

Obviously a TPU reader would have very little trouble with something like this, but for the less technically savvy it could be a bit of a headache when your new GPU is unstable out of the box.
that could happen with any mfg tho. I remember Asus had a huge problem with one of their hi end 600 series cards till a bios fix 'fixed' it by lowering clocks.
But nothing wrong with Zotac..I buy vanilla..rather oc myself and so far am very happy with it.