• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset Gone Hands-on

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
At IFA 2013, we caught up with SteelSeries' recently launched Sibera Elite headset, and it blew our minds. Sibera Elite is successor to what is probably the most popular gaming headset, and made the most variants out of. To begin with, it gives you three ways to connect it, to three kinds of devices. The headset features a single 3.5 mm jack for both the headphones and mic, letting you plug it into your smartphone, and use both components. An analog Y-splitter splits that jack into separate 3.5 mm headphones and mic jacks, to connect to PCs analog. If you find your PC's integrated audio to sound only marginally better than a greeting card, you can use the included USB sound card, which is perfectly tuned for the headset. The headset ships with flat cables that don't entangle as easily as round ones. The faux-leather cushioned headset cups wrap around the ears comfortably, and offer a reasonable amount of passive ambient noise reduction. The headband is more flexible than typical Sibera, and shouldn't press too hard against your head. Audio quality when plugged into an iPhone was decent.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
How much ??? I like the fact it has it own sound card and any chance will it do gaming and chat with it ,I`m looking for a set that will,I have been using no mic as the hdmi from gpu to A/V receiver does not allow that,With these i could just plug them to the usb setup the sound card that is built in mic and headphone for night owl gaming.:toast:

PS
Smack himself in head and Homer DHO!!! I clicked the link and $199 is pretty good for what you get that's like $50 for headset and $50 for audio card.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I don't know about the audio quality, but I am worried about comfortability. My roomate has Syberia V1 and I tried them and it hurts a lot- I have big ears and they press my outer-ear to the skull causing me pain after no more than 30 min of use. The 2nd version looks better on pictures, but I haven't tried it live. This one looks much like the 1st, but until I give it a shot I can't say. Other than that I guess they have their selling points. After all this is one of their most popular products- there is a reason to be so.