• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces Transformer Book T100 and Transformer Book Trio

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS today showcased two new Transformer Book ultraportables at an ASUS product launch event during Intel Developer Forum (IDF) 2013. The event was hosted by ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih and featured special guest Tom Kilroy, Intel Vice President. Transformer Book T100, and Transformer Book Trio are the latest models in a wide range of mobile and desktop computers from ASUS that will transform your expectations about technology. "The ASUS Transformer Book T100 is the perfect transformation of the Eee PC with full compatibility, detachable touch screen, immersive entertainment and enough battery for all-day computing," said ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih. "It is truly a game-changer for our mobile lifestyle."

The ASUS Transformer Book T100 and Transformer Book Trio both feature a two-part dockable design that combines the productivity features of a laptop with the portability of a tablet and the flexibility to switch between the two in an instant. Transformer Book Trio goes further still, with a keyboard dock that packs its own processor, so it can be used as a self-contained desktop PC when its display is detached for use as a tablet.

Transformer Book T100- high-mobility notebook and tablet combined
ASUS Transformer Book T100 is a 10.1-inch ultraportable with an Intel Atom 'Bay Trail' quad-core processor and detachable HD display that can be used as a standalone Windows 8.1 tablet. Featuring a sleek design and durable finish, Transformer Book T100 is not only one of the lightest ultraportables currently available at just 2.4lbs, but also one of the lightest 10-inch tablets around, at 1.2lbs.

Transformer Book T100 features the new Intel AtomTM Bay Trail-T Z3740 quad-core processor for smooth multi-tasking performance and incredible energy efficiency that can last up to 11 hours1 on battery power. The lightweight keyboard dock features precision-engineered keys designed for comfortable extended use, a multi-touch touchpad with full Windows 8.1 gesture support and USB 3.0. Transformer Book T100 features a brilliant HD 10.1-inch tablet IPS multi-touch display with wide 178-degree viewing angles for razor-sharp images. Transformer Book T100 features Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 with full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, the perfect productivity solution for both school and work.

The new ASUS Transformer Book T300 is a larger version of the T100, with a detachable 13.3-inch Full HD IPS multi-touch display that acts as a standalone Windows 8 tablet. Powered by a 4th generation Intel Core processor for seamless multi-tasking performance, Transformer Book T300 has up to eight hours battery life and features a sleek metallic design with a durable soft-touch finish.

Transformer Book Trio - laptop, tablet and desktop PC in one sleek design
ASUS Transformer Book Trio features a sleek and durable metallic design powered by a 4th generation Intel Core processor for seamless multi-tasking performance and outstanding energy efficiency in Windows 8 laptop mode. When it's time for entertainment to take over from productivity, the 11.6-inch Full HD IPS display detaches from the 'PC Station' keyboard dock for use as a multi-touch Android tablet with its own Intel Atom dual-core processor.

With the display docked, Transformer Book Trio can switch instantly between Windows 8 and Android 4.2 by pressing the dedicated 'Trio' key on the keyboard, with data shared between the two operating systems via the tablet's storage. Unlike other dockable ultraportables, Transformer Book Trio's PC Station is not dead weight when the tablet display is detached. With an external display connected via Mini DisplayPort or Micro-HDMI, the PC Station can be used as a self-contained desktop PC featuring Windows 8, which means two people, in two different places, can use the Transformer Book Trio at the same time.

Availability and Pricing
US Pricing for Transformer Book T100: MSRP $349 (32GB) / MSRP $399 (64GB).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965BE 3.4@3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD70
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 4x ADATA XPG Gaming Series DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CL9 2GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 560ti
Storage KingstonSSDNow V Series SNV425-S2BD/64GB; WD 500GB Black; WD 1TB Black; WD 2TB Green
Display(s) ASUS VW266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Case NZXT PHantom Black full fan complement
Audio Device(s) Onboard with 5.1 Logitech speakers
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores Truth be told, never really bothered to overclock it... I probably should. Any tips? Send me a PM.
The T300 is exactly what the Trio should've been. Toss Android, put the better chip in the tablet, and let it run properly.

I only wish that the keyboards on all three had batteries to enhance the life (would be nice). I'm not one that would think 2.4 pounds is heavy (it doesn't faze me in the least) and would be fine with a second keyboard option that would give you an extended battery option (such as Dell or Sony do at times with sheet batteries more or less as add-ons).
Would love the ability to double my battery life with one of these (also, having a num-key option is a must for me. I'll have to lug around a portable one I suppose no matter what).

I'm guessing $800-900 MSRP for the base model (4GB DDR3, 64GB SSD, i5 or possible i3) although I hope I'm going too high.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
The T300 is exactly what the Trio should've been. Toss Android, put the better chip in the tablet, and let it run properly.

I only wish that the keyboards on all three had batteries to enhance the life (would be nice). I'm not one that would think 2.4 pounds is heavy (it doesn't faze me in the least) and would be fine with a second keyboard option that would give you an extended battery option (such as Dell or Sony do at times with sheet batteries more or less as add-ons).
Would love the ability to double my battery life with one of these (also, having a num-key option is a must for me. I'll have to lug around a portable one I suppose no matter what).

I'm guessing $800-900 MSRP for the base model (4GB DDR3, 64GB SSD, i5 or possible i3) although I hope I'm going too high.

No I don't think you are going too high for a Core i5 model Haswell based Tablet. ~$800 to ~$900 sounds about right but you may have to pay extra for the keyboard doc,....

Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965BE 3.4@3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI 890FXA-GD70
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 4x ADATA XPG Gaming Series DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CL9 2GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 560ti
Storage KingstonSSDNow V Series SNV425-S2BD/64GB; WD 500GB Black; WD 1TB Black; WD 2TB Green
Display(s) ASUS VW266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Case NZXT PHantom Black full fan complement
Audio Device(s) Onboard with 5.1 Logitech speakers
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores Truth be told, never really bothered to overclock it... I probably should. Any tips? Send me a PM.
No I don't think you are going too high for a Core i5 model Haswell based Tablet. ~$800 to ~$900 sounds about right but you may have to pay extra for the keyboard doc,....

I said, "hope." A man can dream :p