• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Releases the GT70 20K and GT60 20J Mobile Workstations

MSI Computer Corp, a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, announces the availability of GT70 20K and GT60 20J, two new additions to their repertoire of mobile professional workstations powered by NVIDIA Quadro graphics.

The GT70 and GT60 has been certified by Adobe Creative Suite 6, Autodesk and SolidWorks and come with NVIDIA Quadro K3100M and K2100M graphic processors, designed to tackle the most challenging professional applications, including: AutoCad Design Suite, Avid Media Composer, Pinnacle Studio 16, AutoDesk Smoke, Siemens NX, PTC Creo Parametric 2.0 and more. Both units possess NVIDIA Maximus technology, which enables designers and engineers to perform simultaneous rendering or structural/fluid analysis on the same system.

"MSI has long been praised for the performance of our gaming laptops, and the new workstations leverage that expertise to deliver the same quality and effectiveness for professionals," said Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI Pan America Region. "We've successfully combined the power and design of our acclaimed GT70 and GT60 laptops with the performance needed to tackle professional applications."

The GT70 and GT60 Workstations feature state-of-the-art components including Intel Core i7 Quad Core processors, Killer DoubleShot for unequalled Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, and Cooler Boost 2 Technology to instantly reduce system temperature. In addition, they also come with exceptional multimedia and gaming features, including Dynaudio speakers with subwoofer, SteelSeries Gaming Backlit Keyboard and gold flashed headset jacks with AMP for heart pumping audio.

Additional features include:
  • Multiple Display Support - Multi-task with ease with up to 4 independent displays, including the native display (notebook display)
  • NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro - Delivers highest quality and advanced stereoscopic 3D environment, enabling designers, engineers, digital artists and scientists to see and share their work in true 3D
  • NVIDIA Mosaic Technology - Allows users to take multiple displays to create a larger, virtual canvas with minimal performance impact
  • NVIDIA nView display Management Technology - Delivers maximum flexibility for single or multi-display setups, giving the user ultimate control for increased productivity
  • NVIDIA Optimus Technology - Optimizes your notebook to provide the best graphics performance while extending battery life for longer enjoyment

The GT70 2OK and GT60 2OJ are currently available for $2,599.99 and $2,009.99 respectively at Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, BestBuy.com, B&H Photo, and Adorama. MSI plans to expand their line of mobile workstations in the following months with a 17" K4100M model and a 15.6" K3100M model.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Where's the SSD? At this price level I would expect at least a hybrid drive if not a large SSD, not HDD technology that was invented in 1954. The rest of the hardware is decent, so why did they cheap out in the storage department? Not to mention that HDDs are the #1 cause of laptop failure due to the constant bumps and shocks of mobile duty. If I paid almost 3 grand, and had to depend on it for my livelihood, I think I'd want a 1 TB Samsung 840 Evo or at least a 500.

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
oh god... MSI is back to using their gaudy looking case again, IN A WORKSTATION. no thanks.

when they start hiring some real designer I might consider their laptops.

PS. and yea, where is the SSD? I had to double check the calendars to make sure I wasn't still in 2008.

Processor Core i5-3350P @3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 (uATX)
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) |Ξ \/ G /\ GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB w/Backplate, Part Number: 04G-P4-3673-KR, ASIC 68.5%
Storage some cheap seagates and one wd green
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case some cheap old eurocase, black, with integrated cheap lit lcd for basic monitoring
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Triathlor 550W ETA550AWT bronze, non-modular, airflow audible over 300W power draw
Mouse PMSG1G
Keyboard oldschool membrane Keytronic 104 Key PS/2 (big enter, right part of right shift broken into "\" key)
whats up with the red bull$hit v line? i hope they dont intend to copy asus in every idiotic aspect. even the smallest thing can totally break overall design unity.. if you need an advice with this just gimme a holler..

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
what happened to black red design? damn it....