• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advantech Debuts the AIMB-274 Haswell-Supporting Mini-ITX Motherboard

Advantech, the embedded platform and integration services provider introduces AIMB-274, a new industrial-grade Mini-ITX motherboard based on the Intel Q87 chipset and the latest 4th generation Intel Core i processor, with the remote management power of SUSIAccess and iManager 2.0 intelligent system management tool.

AIMB-274 is an ideal platform for a multitude of applications such as medical equipment, automation, gaming machines, ATM/Kiosks and much more. The blend of Advantech hardware and value added smart software now brings the benefits of cloud computing within reach of many embedded applications.

Maximum Hi Speed I/O Connectivity for Minimum Resources
AIMB-274 comes with high connectivity and multiple high speed I/O including: 4 x USB 3.0, 6 x USB 2.0, 4 x SATAIII & 1 x eSATA connector, 2 x COM, PCIe x16, 2 x MiniPCIe (F/S x 1, H/S x 1) expansion sockets accompanied with one SIM card holder for easy wifi/3G module installation. It supports 8-bit digital programmable I/O along with three BTX type Audio Jacks. AIMB-274 also comes with dual PCI Express based Gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I217LM + I211AT) delivering up to 1000 Mbps of bandwidth for network-intensive applications. All this high speed connectivity is packed into a space-saving and cost-effective Mini-ITX form factor which makes AIMB-274 a first-rate fit for high-end applications.

Triple Display and Excellent Graphics Performance
With market demands going more towards motherboards equipped with advanced HD graphics performance and support for multiple displays, AIMB-274 mini-ITX motherboard integrates Intel HD Graphics with DX11.1, OpenCL 1.2 and OpenGL 4.0 support to deliver enhanced graphics performance and improved 3D video performance. AIMB-274 supports high resolution 4K2K for HDMI, Displayport1.2, and eDP ports. AIMB-274's HDMI port is shared with Displayport 1.2 and will be auto-detected by BIOS.
Three independent displays, either in clone mode or extended mode using VGA, HDMI (DisplayPor t1.2), LVDS (eDP) and DisplayPort 1.2, deliver stunning graphics and imaging, making them ideal for gaming and medical applications.

Reinforced with Advantech iManager 2.0 and SUSIAccess
Advantech iManager is built into AIMB-274. iManager provides a set of standardized APIs for hardware monitoring, smart fan, multi-level watchdog, brightness control and more. iManager API with user-friendly interfaces enhance reliability, lighten development effort and speed up time-to-market for system integrators. AIMB-274 also bundles with Advantech SUSIAccess which provides remote device management and system recovery powered by Acronis, and system protection powered by McAfee; allowing users to easily monitor, configure, control, and even recover multiple systems through a single console from a remote site.

AIMB-274 Features
  • Supports the latest 4th generation Intel Core i processors
  • Supports dual channel DDR3/DDR3L-1600 (1.5V) 204-pin SODIMM sockets up to 16 GB
  • Intel Gfx support DX 11.1, OpenCL 1.2, OpenGL 4.0
  • Supports triple displays: VGA, LVDS (eDP), HDMI (Displayport 1.2), DisplayPort 1.2
  • Rich I/O & expansion options: 4 x USB 3.0, 6 x USB 2.0, 4 x SATAIII and 1 x eSATA, 2 x COM ports and 8-bit GPIO, 1 PCIe x16, 2 Mini PCIe sockets (F/S x 1, H/S x 1 with SIM card holder)
  • Supports Advantech iManager 2.0 and software APIs

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
looks nice, skip the board color

System Name Rainbow
Processor Intel Core i7 8700k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC
Cooling Corsair H115i, 2x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Memory G. Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity
Storage 2x Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | 2xHGST Deskstar 4TB 7.2K
Display(s) Samsung C27HG70
Case Xigmatek Aquila
Power Supply Seasonic 760W SS-760XP
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 4 trillion points in GmailMark, over 144 FPS 2K Facebook Scrolling (Extreme Quality preset)
Looks like a good number of features on a tiny board. Price would be good to know though. List of compatible processors might be limited seeing as how it appears to only have a 20-pin ATX power and a 4-pin CPU 12v power header.