• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Sued for Overestimating APU Success to Investors

I've read it, again they don't have to ask for the proof, AMD's claims were supposed to be the proof. That is the basis behind this case, AMD was lying to their investors and knew it.

Or these two investors never read the "Cautionary Statement" that follows each press release or the "Risk Factors" that goes into every SEC Filing. They have to prove the alligation there making aren't covered by those.

I'm sure we will hear about it if the Judge agrees to proceed with the case and if we don't hear about it the Judge dismissed it.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
This is ridiculous. Any investor who bases their investments off the very people selling it are a little naïve. Investing is gambling, theres no way AMD could know how popular their product would be, and the investors should be prepared for worst case scenario. In the cut throat technology world, today's premium tech is obsolete junk in months.

The investment world is full of empty promises and over-hyped products or services. Get yourself some independent third party advice or put your money in something more predictable.

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
Butthurt investors + Westbro Baptist Curch-like law firm = bullshit. Of course, that is USA, where everyone who willingly does harm, both real or imaginary to themselves (be it physical, financial or otherwise) is entitled to cook up some bullshit case against potentially anything, just because they feel so and think it's a quick cash-grab.

This is ridiculous. Any investor who bases their investments off the very people selling it are a little naïve. Investing is gambling, theres no way AMD could know how popular their product would be, and the investors should be prepared for worst case scenario. In the cut throat technology world, today's premium tech is obsolete junk in months.

The investment world is full of empty promises and over-hyped products or services. Get yourself some independent third party advice or put your money in something more predictable.

Exactly. Also, it's "nice" to see all these Intel gloating hordes jizz all over themselves with snide remarks about this subject, when most of them only read the title and are clueless about what investments employ.

What's next? Butthurt angry investor Joes from 2005 prepping lawsuits against AMD that the massive share drops in the following years where deliberate, should have never bought ATI and that they've lost 500 bucks over a 3 year period?

Last edited: