• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RPG Lovers 15 RPGs To Look Forward To In 2014

System Name VAIO F Series VPCF236HG/B
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.50 GHz*1
Memory 8 GB (4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 2) DDR3 SDRAM*2 (Max)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M GPU 1 GB DDR3
Storage 640 GB*3 (Serial ATA, 7200 rpm)
Audio Device(s) Intel® High Definition Audio Dolby® Home Theater® v4, S-FORCE Front Surround 3D
10 RPGs To Look Forward To In 2014
These list are taking from http://gamingbolt.com/15-role-playing-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2014 if u like to go there and check it ( since i have took away 5 titles of the blog so it would be only 10 titles )

As for my self looking also for RPGs games, and i found quite interesting list. i've been searching blogs and this one got me interested by their list

i would love to share it with u and see what do you think of it.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt:

My Comment: i don't remember i have played this game or i might did, but this one looking promising and i would love to try it, it looks like there challenge on this game

Gamers getting their hands on the new Witcher title is a pretty exciting proposition. Even at a glance, the game is absolutely gorgeous. The game’s gritty subject matter, just like always doesn’t seem to shy away from the more gruesome and gory bits of combat. Just like the previous Witcher titles, it’s also going to be presenting the player with a plethora of choices and decisions, from skills to quests and even dialogue. Developers, CD Projekt Red is also pretty confident in their ability to please gamers.

The PC version is DRM free and will look absolutely stunning. While it’s obviously not going to be a pushover on the new consoles, this game’s really going to shine on the PC platform, which is what the developers have intended. Be warned though, if you haven’t played any of the Witcher titles yet, go back and do so if you’re interested in this game. The Witcher 3 is the conclusion to the story arc that started in the first game and while you may really enjoy the eye-candy, you’re going to have a hell of a time following the plot if you’ve missed the first two titles. Sure, you could watch a Youtube re-cap or something like that, but where is the fun in that?

Deep Down:

My Comment: okay as this one only will be in PS4 i don't know if they are going to make pc version but look so challenging game and fun to play and i would love to see a PC version i would add it to my wish list

This raw RPG is polished and beautiful, even if the characters in the trailer are ugly as sin. This PS4 exclusive is supposed to be headed to shelves in 2014. Capcom has a lot packed into this game and with an incredibly unique plot revolving around your character entering a new realm of reality really makes this an appealing title on the PS4. With gameplay that is reminiscent of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, there is some real potential here, especially with all the options available to the player.

It also looks like the player will be bouncing from one realm to another, one riddled with technology and is in a modern or futuristic world, while the other is rooted in magic, with plenty of monsters and mystery. There’s a distinct and wonderful contrast in the locations that we just haven’t seen much of in gaming.

Dragon Age Inquisition:

My Comment: watching trailers giving u good impression about the game but when u buy the game turn u down, and i hope this one not, cause it look so cool. i'm afraid there is quite enough game would be in my wish list. darn where is my money gone :p lol

Bioware is at it again, with another immersive and compelling RPG experience and the third installment in the Dragon Age franchise. There appears to be a whole lot of new content too after the second game. Most gamers loved the first Dragon Age, while the second game was accepted with mixed reviews. Well, it looks like Bioware is trying to get the kind of fanfare that the original game had.

The engine looks beautiful and the animations are smooth and fluent looking. Bioware is doing what they do best, too; giving players choices. Not to mention consequences, lots and lots of them. The Frostbite 3 engine is certainly the right choice for Inquisition, with a large and expansive world, and plenty of destruction and massive monsters any fans of Bioware of the Dragon Age series will really have a nice treat to look forward to.

Dark Souls II:
My Comment: this game has already been discussed in the forum so i have nothing to say that it is only been added to my wish list :D

The true sequel to Dark Souls is coming in 2014 and just like the original, it plans on putting you through a trial by hell fire. This insanely difficult game has players locked in a confused state of pure, unbridled frustration and rewarding satisfaction as they move from one monster to the other. The graphics have been updated and the level of immersion has been increased this time around as the developers have focused on the presentation of the world, giving players a much more exciting experience.

With new mechanics, there are new tactics that can be used. Simple things like being able to carry a torture opens up so many possible options and tactical advantages that players won’t have the same experience. Make no mistake though, this game is going to be just as; if not more difficult than the previous games. If you’re looking for a challenge than this game may be perfect for you.

Project Eternity:

My Comment: Weird!

This single player RPG is coming from our friends at Obsidian Entertainment who are building a rather flexible and interesting game. Project Eternity is scheduled for release in 2014 on Windows, OSX and Linux, giving it a pretty good amount of exposure. This kick started game has a lot of backing, and at the time had been the highest funded game through kickstarter. It’s planning on going back to the roots of companion RPG titles like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

Any fans of classic, real-time RPG titles should be salivating in anticipation of getting their hands on Eternity. The game boasts customizable characters along with multiple party members to help you, giving the player more choices than they can possibly exhaust in one play through. It should be easy enough to get your hands on too, with this game being released through digital distribution sites like Good Old Games (GOG) and Steam. While this game is only coming to various personal computer formats, the design is looking to make it incredibly accessible. Player should be able to run this game on just about any, fairly modern computer that’s available.

Final Fantasy XV:

My Comment: i'm not a fan for final fantasy so i skip it :D

This game has been a long time coming. With all the headaches and hold ups that cropped up during the development it’s a wonder we’re seeing this game at all. The game was inadvertently delayed when it under went development hell. However after much anticipation it was revealed at this year’s E3 and reintroduced as Final Fantasy XV.
From what we’ve seen so far about this game is it’s ridiculous, in absolutely the best way possible, of course. We are not sure about the release date but we are hoping for a late 2014 slot.

Final Fantasy XIII- Lightning Returns:

Lightning Returns is a bit different from other Final Fantasy titles. First, that is probably the most noticeable is it’s an Action RPG. The new combat system is without a doubt a big leap in another direction for the long-running series. There were quite a few gamers that weren’t particularly happy with the first two renditions of FFXIII and if you were one of those players, give this game a look before you make a final decision about it.

Take the time to look up the “World Drive” concept for this game. In this Final Fantasy you’re simply a person who exists in the world. Whether you’re around or not makes little difference, as people, events and even little secrets can occur without you even being around. This idea alone increase the appeal of the title. At the very least, if you’re the type of gamer who gets choked up over nice sprawling vistas and beautiful scenery then it’s at least worth checking out, because Lightning Returns looks gorgeous.

Lords of the Fallen:
My Comment: from the look of it, that one jumped into my wish list

Another action RPG is coming. Not too much is known about it yet, other than the game gives players plenty of control over their character design with lots of customizable options for players to mess around with. It’s also a free roam design that allows gamers to explore just about every part of the world that they’re playing in. The game does seem to follow the standard story ache of one man against incredibly powerful and surely unbeatable odds.

City Interactive does have a good thing going with this one though, even if the story may not interest you, the massive creatures that you can battle should. Lords of the Fallen has some good talent behind it’s development, some of which have worked on the likes of The Witcher series. If those developers can bring even a bit of magic from Projekt CD Red, then this will definitely be a game to keep your eyes on in 2014.

Mass Effect 4:

It’s no secret that Bioware are working hard on the next entry in the sci-fi franchise, Mass Effect 4. Bioware have’nt revealed the release date but according to rumors, it will be shown at this year’s VGX, making a 2014 release possible. Although, we won’t be seeing our good old Commander Shephard back in action, players should expect some amazing vistas and character animations since the game will be using Frostbite 3.

All the previous entries in the series have been developed using Unreal Engine. Bioware managed to better every Mass Effect with subsequent iterations. Will the winning streak continue with Mass Effect 4? We shall see.

Fallout 4:

It’s been several years since Fallout 3 came out and if the rumors in the interwebs are to be believed then Bethesda Game Studios are currently preparing for a grand reveal at this year’s Video Game Awards. Domain registrations, hiring next gen programmers all hint towards a PS4, Xbox One, PC launch. Whether it will actually be released in 2014 is a different matter. But historically speaking, games developed by Bethesda are released in a year’s time since the offficial announcement. So 2014 seems like a good bet.

Darkest Dungeon:

Red Hook Studios, the developers have described the game as a hardcore role playing game which takes place 500 feet beneath the ground. This is quite a unique setting for a rpg genre and a unique departure compared to other games. Emotion is one of the major gameplay feature in the game, with the situation affecting your party. Members may get scared, panic or might even get greedy. The game is scheduled to be released on PC/Mac/Linux with console ports in consideration. Unfortunately the game has a fall 2014 release schedule, so you won’t be playing it anytime soon.

After thoughts:

Fans of the RPG genre are certainly going to have a wonderful selection of titles starting at the new year. Even if you haven’t decided what new console you’re getting, or if you’re getting one at all, there is plenty of games that will be available on the Xbox 360, PC and PS3. With wonderfully in-depth games coming there’s most likely going to be a little bit of something for anyone coming in 2014.

To Be Honest Couple of these titles didn't add them in this list, so u still can watch them in the blog link above any how, i hope these list would please RPGS lovers, and i really looking for some of these games, unfortunately is that some of these are only in PS4 and some on WII, i would love that they make a PC versions :D

wow that is too much :D

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.50 GHz*1
Audio Device(s) Intel® High Definition Audio Dolby® Home Theater® v4, S-FORCE Front Surround 3D
Hope fallout 4 is good, always liked the fallout series.

i have played it once and never did again one series of fallout and don't remember which one, it wasn't that much my type, but u don't know may be this one coming so good,

D

Deleted member 24505

i have played it once and never did again one series of fallout and don't remember which one, it wasn't that much my type, but u don't know may be this one coming so good,

You tried fallout 3 or new vegas, maybe it was fallout 1 or 2 you tried, they were quite different.

You tried fallout 3 or new vegas, maybe it was fallout 1 or 2 you tried, they were quite different.

i think yes 1 or 2, and i didn't much like it where u are at desert, don't really remember that was quite long time ago!

Edit #1-----> it was this one just did check it

Fallout 3

the game graphic it is good, but may be not my style ,

Edit #2 ------->
sorry again my mistake rushed u r right Fallout 3 new Vegas

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 24505

i think yes 1 or 2, and i didn't much like it where u are at desert, don't really remember that was quite long time ago!

Edit #1-----> it was this one just did check it

Fallout 3

the game graphic it is good, but may be not my style ,

Edit #2 ------->
sorry again my mistake rushed u r right Fallout 3 new Vegas

Fiar enough, i guess they are not everyones cup of tea.

Have you seen Tom Clancy's The Division?

wow thanks for the game and video,

is this game available ? this is soo cool game i would love to try it, is it available in steam, and no i have not have this game or play it, i love Tom Cancy's Sam Fisher series, and i have the last one,

i will definitely buy this game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

wow thanks for the game and video,

is this game available ? this is soo cool game i would love to try it, is it available in steam, and no i have not have this game or play it, i love Tom Cancy's Sam Fisher series, and i have the last one,

i will diffinetly buy this game

Unfortunately the game has been put back to next year, believe me i cried. I also love the look of this game and was drooling for this for this year.

Unfortunately the game has been put back to next year, believe me i cried. I also love the look of this game and was drooling for this for this year.

this definitely should be added to my wish list, it look really rock, and i hope they don't mislead people with the video and appears something different, !

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes

Good video :toast:

Yea I was looking forward to this game.

System Name Winter Heater
Processor Intel Core I7 5820k@4250 Mhz
Motherboard ASUS x99 Deluxe
Cooling Cryorig H5
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 + 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) OEM GTX 970
Storage Seagate ST4000VN000, Hitachi 2TB, Crucial CX500 1TB
Display(s) LG 23EA63
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
I hope Dragon Age Inquisition will not be anything like the second game because it sucked. As for the rest, I want to see FO4 and ME4 be as awesome as their previous installments :)

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Let's hope F4 uses a different engine that's not as buggy as shit like the other bethesda fallout titles -_-

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Fallout 4 is going to be using the same engine Skyrim uses just as Fallout 3 and New Vegas used the same engine as Oblivion.

I find it hard to believe ME4 would launch this year. I think it will be next year at the earliest.

Fallout 4 is going to be using the same engine Skyrim uses just as Fallout 3 and New Vegas used the same engine as Oblivion.

I find it hard to believe ME4 would launch this year. I think it will be next year at the earliest.

I think lots of people are in love with this game. It is wierd that this game it is not one type of my like.

Processor Intel i7 4960X
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Video Card(s) 2x eVGA GTX Titan SLI
Storage 1x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB
Display(s) Asus VG23AH
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt:

My Comment: i don't remember i have played this game or i might did, but this one looking promising and i would love to try it, it looks like there challenge on this game

Well, I don't remember CD Projekt released a beta or something so it's pretty obvious you didn't play it. Probably the first or the second or something else but not the third. And yes, obviously there are challenges in this game (not just "looks like"). :roll:

Dragon Age Inquisition:

My Comment: watching trailers giving u good impression about the game but when u buy the game turn u down, and i hope this one not, cause it look so cool. i'm afraid there is quite enough game would be in my wish list. darn where is my money gone :p lol

A lot of people from forums, blogs and Youtube bought Dragon Age II and they claimed they did it because they thought the trailer looked promising but in the end they claimed they're disappointed because the game's consolitist nature and shallow gameplay. Thank God I didn't jump on the bandwagon and ended up disappointed like those poor RPGamers. The first one is great, the second is meh, the third is unknown and too earlier for me to judge.

Project Eternity:

First, it's outdated. Project Eternity has been revealed as Pillars of Eternity and is going to be released this fall or winter (assuming Obsidian, a company known for its "delays", make it in time). Second, it's... weird? Wait, what? :roll: What's so weird about Pillars of Eternity? Because the game isn't in first person perspective and have guns? :laugh:

Mass Effect 4

Seriously doubt it. Might be revealed this year but I think it's not going to be released until at least 2015 or 2016. I'll be glad if I'm wrong though. :D

Hope fallout 4 is good, always liked the fallout series.
Let's hope F4 uses a different engine that's not as buggy as shit like the other bethesda fallout titles -_-

ESO engine is great. If Bugthesda uses it I'm in even though that's not the kind of Fallout I like. I might become a pre-order customer this time, who knows. :clap: Otherwise... well, maybe I buy it after a year or so and Nexus has enough unofficial patches HD textures and great mods to play with. :laugh:

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Well, I don't remember CD Projekt released a beta or something so it's pretty obvious you didn't play it. Probably the first or the second or something else but not the third. And yes, obviously there are challenges in this game (not just "looks like"). :roll:

of course i'm not talking about this one the new one, i'm talking about the old once, i have not try it so i have no clue about the game!

A lot of people from forums, blogs and Youtube bought Dragon Age II and they claimed they did it because they thought the trailer looked promising but in the end they claimed they're disappointed because the game's consolitist nature and shallow gameplay. Thank God I didn't jump on the bandwagon and ended up disappointed like those poor RPGamers. The first one is great, the second is meh, the third is unknown and too earlier for me to judge.

i heard same two thought well there is people who really like it, and says it is so cool game and other says that it is boring and not a nice game, and indeed every person have like different thoughts!

First, it's outdated. Project Eternity has been revealed as Pillars of Eternity and is going to be released this fall or winter (assuming Obsidian, a company known for its "delays", make it in time). Second, it's... weird? Wait, what? :roll: What's so weird about Pillars of Eternity? Because the game isn't in first person perspective and have guns? :laugh:

from watching the video and see the game how it is :D lol it is totally weird, like the guy stand there for a minute doing nothing and some light went out, i have not pointed a gun and commented anything else than weird, normally u would see some point about a game in video to show the content of the game, but in this one u see nothing but a river go high and low, then some one walk and cross it and stand there, that is weird to me :D

Seriously doubt it. Might be revealed this year but I think it's not going to be released until at least 2015 or 2016. I'll be glad if I'm wrong though. :D

lol everyone would be glad if u r wrong :p haha,

ESO engine is great. If Bugthesda uses it I'm in even though that's not the kind of Fallout I like. I might become a pre-order customer this time, who knows. :clap: Otherwise... well, maybe I buy it after a year or so and Nexus has enough unofficial patches HD textures and great mods to play with. :laugh:

well i might did judge wrong about the game or may be not my into my likeness, in any how might this one change my mind and i would try it, but actually there is more into my wish list than fallout :D

System Name Shuttle
Processor AMD FX-8350
Motherboard ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+
Cooling Cosair H110i
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce GTX780 SC
Storage Seagate NAS HDD ST4000VN000 4TB | OCZ Agility III 120GB
Display(s) ASUS VX238H-W
Case Corsair 600T
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitec G600
Keyboard DAS Keyboard Ultimate
Out of that list I'm looking forward to Mass Effect and Dragon age the most. Bioware has definitely taken a special place in my heart that was Square-Enix vacated(without even paying the rent!)

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
I look forward to WITCHER3,FF15,ME4,others can wait

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
10 RPGs To Look Forward To In 2014
These list are taking from http://gamingbolt.com/15-role-playing-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2014 if u like to go there and check it ( since i have took away 5 titles of the blog so it would be only 10 titles )

As for my self looking also for RPGs games, and i found quite interesting list. i've been searching blogs and this one got me interested by their list

i would love to share it with u and see what do you think of it.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt:

Gamers getting their hands on the new Witcher title is a pretty exciting proposition. Even at a glance, the game is absolutely gorgeous. The game’s gritty subject matter, just like always doesn’t seem to shy away from the more gruesome and gory bits of combat. Just like the previous Witcher titles, it’s also going to be presenting the player with a plethora of choices and decisions, from skills to quests and even dialogue. Developers, CD Projekt Red is also pretty confident in their ability to please gamers.

The PC version is DRM free and will look absolutely stunning. While it’s obviously not going to be a pushover on the new consoles, this game’s really going to shine on the PC platform, which is what the developers have intended. Be warned though, if you haven’t played any of the Witcher titles yet, go back and do so if you’re interested in this game. The Witcher 3 is the conclusion to the story arc that started in the first game and while you may really enjoy the eye-candy, you’re going to have a hell of a time following the plot if you’ve missed the first two titles. Sure, you could watch a Youtube re-cap or something like that, but where is the fun in that?

Deep Down:

My Comment: okay as this one only will be in PS4 i don't know if they are going to make pc version but look so challenging game and fun to play and i would love to see a PC version i would add it to my wish list

This raw RPG is polished and beautiful, even if the characters in the trailer are ugly as sin. This PS4 exclusive is supposed to be headed to shelves in 2014. Capcom has a lot packed into this game and with an incredibly unique plot revolving around your character entering a new realm of reality really makes this an appealing title on the PS4. With gameplay that is reminiscent of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, there is some real potential here, especially with all the options available to the player.

It also looks like the player will be bouncing from one realm to another, one riddled with technology and is in a modern or futuristic world, while the other is rooted in magic, with plenty of monsters and mystery. There’s a distinct and wonderful contrast in the locations that we just haven’t seen much of in gaming.

Dragon Age Inquisition:

Bioware is at it again, with another immersive and compelling RPG experience and the third installment in the Dragon Age franchise. There appears to be a whole lot of new content too after the second game. Most gamers loved the first Dragon Age, while the second game was accepted with mixed reviews. Well, it looks like Bioware is trying to get the kind of fanfare that the original game had.

The engine looks beautiful and the animations are smooth and fluent looking. Bioware is doing what they do best, too; giving players choices. Not to mention consequences, lots and lots of them. The Frostbite 3 engine is certainly the right choice for Inquisition, with a large and expansive world, and plenty of destruction and massive monsters any fans of Bioware of the Dragon Age series will really have a nice treat to look forward to.

Dark Souls II:
My Comment: this game has already been discussed in the forum so i have nothing to say that it is only been added to my wish list :D

The true sequel to Dark Souls is coming in 2014 and just like the original, it plans on putting you through a trial by hell fire. This insanely difficult game has players locked in a confused state of pure, unbridled frustration and rewarding satisfaction as they move from one monster to the other. The graphics have been updated and the level of immersion has been increased this time around as the developers have focused on the presentation of the world, giving players a much more exciting experience.

With new mechanics, there are new tactics that can be used. Simple things like being able to carry a torture opens up so many possible options and tactical advantages that players won’t have the same experience. Make no mistake though, this game is going to be just as; if not more difficult than the previous games. If you’re looking for a challenge than this game may be perfect for you.

Project Eternity:

This single player RPG is coming from our friends at Obsidian Entertainment who are building a rather flexible and interesting game. Project Eternity is scheduled for release in 2014 on Windows, OSX and Linux, giving it a pretty good amount of exposure. This kick started game has a lot of backing, and at the time had been the highest funded game through kickstarter. It’s planning on going back to the roots of companion RPG titles like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

Any fans of classic, real-time RPG titles should be salivating in anticipation of getting their hands on Eternity. The game boasts customizable characters along with multiple party members to help you, giving the player more choices than they can possibly exhaust in one play through. It should be easy enough to get your hands on too, with this game being released through digital distribution sites like Good Old Games (GOG) and Steam. While this game is only coming to various personal computer formats, the design is looking to make it incredibly accessible. Player should be able to run this game on just about any, fairly modern computer that’s available.

Final Fantasy XV:

My Comment: i'm not a fan for final fantasy so i skip it :D

This game has been a long time coming. With all the headaches and hold ups that cropped up during the development it’s a wonder we’re seeing this game at all. The game was inadvertently delayed when it under went development hell. However after much anticipation it was revealed at this year’s E3 and reintroduced as Final Fantasy XV.
From what we’ve seen so far about this game is it’s ridiculous, in absolutely the best way possible, of course. We are not sure about the release date but we are hoping for a late 2014 slot.

Final Fantasy XIII- Lightning Returns:

Lightning Returns is a bit different from other Final Fantasy titles. First, that is probably the most noticeable is it’s an Action RPG. The new combat system is without a doubt a big leap in another direction for the long-running series. There were quite a few gamers that weren’t particularly happy with the first two renditions of FFXIII and if you were one of those players, give this game a look before you make a final decision about it.

Take the time to look up the “World Drive” concept for this game. In this Final Fantasy you’re simply a person who exists in the world. Whether you’re around or not makes little difference, as people, events and even little secrets can occur without you even being around. This idea alone increase the appeal of the title. At the very least, if you’re the type of gamer who gets choked up over nice sprawling vistas and beautiful scenery then it’s at least worth checking out, because Lightning Returns looks gorgeous.

Lords of the Fallen:
My Comment: from the look of it, that one jumped into my wish list

Another action RPG is coming. Not too much is known about it yet, other than the game gives players plenty of control over their character design with lots of customizable options for players to mess around with. It’s also a free roam design that allows gamers to explore just about every part of the world that they’re playing in. The game does seem to follow the standard story ache of one man against incredibly powerful and surely unbeatable odds.

City Interactive does have a good thing going with this one though, even if the story may not interest you, the massive creatures that you can battle should. Lords of the Fallen has some good talent behind it’s development, some of which have worked on the likes of The Witcher series. If those developers can bring even a bit of magic from Projekt CD Red, then this will definitely be a game to keep your eyes on in 2014.

Mass Effect 4:

It’s no secret that Bioware are working hard on the next entry in the sci-fi franchise, Mass Effect 4. Bioware have’nt revealed the release date but according to rumors, it will be shown at this year’s VGX, making a 2014 release possible. Although, we won’t be seeing our good old Commander Shephard back in action, players should expect some amazing vistas and character animations since the game will be using Frostbite 3.

All the previous entries in the series have been developed using Unreal Engine. Bioware managed to better every Mass Effect with subsequent iterations. Will the winning streak continue with Mass Effect 4? We shall see.

Fallout 4:

It’s been several years since Fallout 3 came out and if the rumors in the interwebs are to be believed then Bethesda Game Studios are currently preparing for a grand reveal at this year’s Video Game Awards. Domain registrations, hiring next gen programmers all hint towards a PS4, Xbox One, PC launch. Whether it will actually be released in 2014 is a different matter. But historically speaking, games developed by Bethesda are released in a year’s time since the offficial announcement. So 2014 seems like a good bet.

Darkest Dungeon:

Red Hook Studios, the developers have described the game as a hardcore role playing game which takes place 500 feet beneath the ground. This is quite a unique setting for a rpg genre and a unique departure compared to other games. Emotion is one of the major gameplay feature in the game, with the situation affecting your party. Members may get scared, panic or might even get greedy. The game is scheduled to be released on PC/Mac/Linux with console ports in consideration. Unfortunately the game has a fall 2014 release schedule, so you won’t be playing it anytime soon.

After thoughts:

Fans of the RPG genre are certainly going to have a wonderful selection of titles starting at the new year. Even if you haven’t decided what new console you’re getting, or if you’re getting one at all, there is plenty of games that will be available on the Xbox 360, PC and PS3. With wonderfully in-depth games coming there’s most likely going to be a little bit of something for anyone coming in 2014.

To Be Honest Couple of these titles didn't add them in this list, so u still can watch them in the blog link above any how, i hope these list would please RPGS lovers, and i really looking for some of these games, unfortunately is that some of these are only in PS4 and some on WII, i would love that they make a PC versions :D

wow that is too much :D

Darkest Dungeon looks good in theory, but I don't like the in-game credit idea, and the graphics, if they are as depicted on KS, just annoy. Still, some might enjoy. Hoping for Fallout4 soon, but with the limited release data from Bethesda, I give it next year. FF XIII (and those in general) are the only reason I dislike not owning consoles. But then I look at stuff like a fully modded Skyrim, or STALKER:Misery and :Complete, and I laugh :) . I didn't know about Lords of the Fallen, so thanks ;). Looks like it might be worth a look. Witcher 3 looks promising, of course, and I'm really stoked about Eternity.
Some KS projects that you missed include Balrum, which looks visually weak, but the design is really detailed, complete with crafting and lockpicking. Torment:Tides of Numenera should still sneak in under the 2014 banner as well, and will be exquisite. Wasteland 2 is in active beta right now, in the Fallout genre, and the guys are really working hard to make it come out right.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
The Witcher 3

Tried TW2, was put off by the multiplier combat, clumsy inventory system and complex forced sorcery. To me a game like this feels inappropriate with a superhero combat system where you're bouncing around from one enemy to another. It would be better IMO with certain roll, dodge and kill animations. IMO the combat speed should be more realistic, with the option of slow mo finishing kills. Whisking around at super fast speeds looks strange. I'd also prefer a warrior class strong enough to not need sorcery, such as is an option in Skyrim. TW3 has better graphics and the trailers so far seem to show a more realistic combat, but they've yet to show any actual real time gameplay footage, so I remain skeptical.

Deep Down

A PS4 exclusive, what can I say, I'm a PC gamer.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Origins had isometric view combat, with the marker circles, which I really don't like at all and is a deal breaker for me. I've yet to see any actual combat for Inquisition, but despite one of the trailers showing a more 3rd person view, I remain skeptical. I know DAO had a TP view mode on PC, but from what I read it was horribly implemented and pretty much useless.

Dark Souls II

More to my preference and after further checking, I may actually go back and try the first one. My only worry is the control system might be overly complex and/or awkward feeling.

Project Eternity

Isometric view, fuhgeddaboudit! I'll go as far as to say the games that have it also typically have gameplay and combat structure I hate. Immediate fail for me.

Final Fantasy XV

I also am not at all a fan of FF. In fact anything with over the top action involving huge swords and whirlwind acrobatic combat with your character leaping around as if weightless is not for me. Needless to say most JRPGs don't stand a chance with me.

Final Fantasy XIII- Lightning Returns

Looks like a 3D fighter game, still not appealing to me.

Lords of the Fallen

At first glimpse of the trailer I'm thinking, hmm, Gods of Thor? Immediately I'm having flash backs of frustrating quickly flashing QTE prompts requiring instant response from having played Gods of War on my friend's PS.

This dev gameplay walkthrough made me take interest though:

I really like the combat system. Just the right balance of tactical and arcade, with good pacing and strategy vs button mashing. It also has nice art design and graphics. And despite not being open world, the exploration and alternative paths may be enough to keep it interesting.

Mass Effect 4

What can I say, I'm all over anything ME. Just hope Bioware can work with Frostbite 3 without major problems. It's quite a different animal from UE3. The engine switch is much needed to breath new life into the series though.

Fallout 4

Tried FO3, really wanted to like it and applauded the move to 3rd person view and combat. Oh but they botched it SO bad. The combat sucked so bad they came up with the paint by numbers select a shot system called VATS. The skill building is such a ridiculous, tedious and even embarrassing affair sending you ill equipped on petty chores for A-hole AI. There's SO much about FO3 that is so off putting I can't begin to tell you how much I hated that game. They would have to have a MAJOR overhaul in how FO is made for me to even consider trying a demo of FO4.

Darkest Dungeon

I'm rarely interested in cell shaded games with 3D models, let alone cell shaded games with 2D models. Huge deal breaker for me.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
These are the only games on the list I am interested in...
The Witcher 3

Tried TW2, was put off by the multiplier combat, clumsy inventory system and complex forced sorcery. To me a game like this feels inappropriate with a superhero combat system where you're bouncing around from one enemy to another. It would be better IMO with certain roll, dodge and kill animations. IMO the combat speed should be more realistic, with the option of slow mo finishing kills. Whisking around at super fast speeds looks strange. I'd also prefer a warrior class strong enough to not need sorcery, such as is an option in Skyrim. TW3 has better graphics and the trailers so far seem to show a more realistic combat, but they've yet to show any actual real time gameplay footage, so I remain skeptical.
TW2 was completely different from TW. I preferred TW in everyway. I suspect TW3 is going to have the same combat system as TW2 but more refined.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Origins had isometric view combat, with the marker circles, which I really don't like at all and is a deal breaker for me. I've yet to see any actual combat for Inquisition, but despite one of the trailers showing a more 3rd person view, I remain skeptical. I know DAO had a TP view mode on PC, but from what I read it was horribly implemented and pretty much useless.
DAO (which was met with great success) is so different from DA2 (which was a dismal failure), it's hard to peg what DAI is and it doesn't seem like they want anyone to know either. All we know, from DAO (Morrigan escaping with a "God") and DA2 (The Chantry wants to know what corrupted Meredith and Flemmeth resurrected) doesn't really tell us much about DAI--just that something big is going to happen and it isn't necessarily related to the Darkspawn.

Mass Effect 4

What can I say, I'm all over anything ME. Just hope Bioware can work with Frostbite 3 without major problems. It's quite a different animal from UE3. The engine switch is much needed to breath new life into the series though.
Don't really know what's happening in this game either other than Commander Shepherd is out of action/dead. I have an inkling that they're more interested in multiplayer than story but I could be wrong.

Fallout 4

Tried FO3, really wanted to like it and applauded the move to 3rd person view and combat. Oh but they botched it SO bad. The combat sucked so bad they came up with the paint by numbers select a shot system called VATS. The skill building is such a ridiculous, tedious and even embarrassing affair sending you ill equipped on petty chores for A-hole AI. There's SO much about FO3 that is so off putting I can't begin to tell you how much I hated that game. They would have to have a MAJOR overhaul in how FO is made for me to even consider trying a demo of FO4.
FO3's combat system is very off-putting. It's a good think Obsidian Entertainment fixed that problem in FNV. Like the other sequels above, we really don't know if it is going to take after FO3, FNV, or Skyrim in the apocalyptic future. I just hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
What's wrong with Multi-Quote lately? I just get this drop down window saying message added, but no text box, no quotes.

Anyways, I hadn't heard FNV had a new combat system. I should look at some review videos maybe. Is the skill building still tedious and ammo scarce though?

Had a chance to try Dark Souls last night. OMG, what a crappy port. Even with the mouse mod you get the 360 icons onscreen for prompts. Mouse sensitivity is way out of whack too, and optimization is horrible. Aside from that the gameplay is atrocious. Nothing but huge bosses that you're ill equipped to fight. Saw the dev interview video of DSII and they mainly showed ways you can die. These guys are sadists I think.

I still think Lords of the Fallen is most likely the best fit for me in a new RPG IP. I'd been looking for a Skyrim with more tactical combat that has more player moves and combos without being overly complex.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Anyways, I hadn't heard FNV had a new combat system. I should look at some review videos maybe. Is the skill building still tedious and ammo scarce though?
I got a chest bursting at the seams with ammo of all kinds. Every container spawned has a chance to contain some ammo and there's a perk to make there be even more ammo. You can also buy healthy quantities of ammo from most shops. Shops also replenish their stock periodically so, there's really no situation (unless you're dirt poor) where ammo is not available.