• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Liking this laptop, but anyone got experience with Cube?

Liking this - great spec for the price:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Cube-CZ10-CB-C77S9-622TT_1557990.html

After a bit of research it seems Cube are laptops built by SaveOnLaptops.co.uk themselves. Fair enough, but does anyone have experience with a Cube laptop? Someone on another forum said it looked like a Clevo, but this is unconfirmed.

Also, the warranty is 2 years - standard first year then second year is "return to base". Does this mean that, apart from the fact that in the second year the shipping costs are down to me, I have two years' coverage on it, for both parts and labour, a la John Lewis?

Thanks in advance, TPU!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
It is what you said it is tbh, 2 year warranty parts and labour inclusive. first year they will arrange pick up second year its down to you to arrange return of your laptop if anything should happen

Processor Intel Core i7 4930K
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene mATX
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 280L
Memory 2x8GB Mushkin Blackline Enhanced DDR3-2133
Video Card(s) 3GB MSI Geforce GTX 780 Ti Gaming Edition
Storage 512GB Plextor M5Pro SSD
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63 IPS LED
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
Liking this - great spec for the price:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Cube-CZ10-CB-C77S9-622TT_1557990.html

After a bit of research it seems Cube are laptops built by SaveOnLaptops.co.uk themselves. Fair enough, but does anyone have experience with a Cube laptop? Someone on another forum said it looked like a Clevo, but this is unconfirmed.

Also, the warranty is 2 years - standard first year then second year is "return to base". Does this mean that, apart from the fact that in the second year the shipping costs are down to me, I have two years' coverage on it, for both parts and labour, a la John Lewis?

Thanks in advance, TPU!
The person that pointed out that it is based on a Clevo laptop is correct, this particular unit is based on the Clevo W650SR barebone. Depending on how good of a deal you can get on the CPU, RAM and HDD, it may be a bit cheaper to buy the parts and put it together yourself. If you want to get a general idea of how this notebook is, here is a review of it with another rebranding: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-One-K56-3F-Clevo-W650SR-Notebook.96272.0.html

Clevo as a manufacturer tends to be pretty good, their laptops are generally reliable and are often better value versus a similarly spec'ed Alienware. Many of the Sager/Origin PC and Falcon Northwest notebooks uses their barebones as a base if that helps any.