• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Introduces ASUS GTX780TI-DC2 DirectCU II Water Block

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana-based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce the full-cover water cooling solution for the ASUS engineered Direct CU II series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti as well as the existing non-Ti graphics card.

EK-FC780 GTX Ti DCII water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks.

Base is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper - depending on the variant) while the top is made of quality cast acrylic material or POM Acetal (depending on the variant). Screw-in brass standoffs are pre-installed and allow for safe installation procedure. The cooling engine uses 0.8 mm wide microchannel structure to further improve the heat transfer while not sacrificing the famous low hydraulic restriction design.

Up to four EK-FC780 GTX Ti DCII series water blocks can be interconnected using various methods (EK-FC Terminal, EK-HD Tube & Adapter System or EK-FC Bridge CSQ - depending on the water block variant) which allows for hassle-free piping job. The product is available in a three variants, an aesthetic retention backplate is also available:

This water blocks aligns perfectly with older EK-FC780 GTX DCII and is backwards compatible with non-Ti version graphics card.

Products are readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network. The backplate will be available for purchase by Monday, March 24th 2014.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Interesting to see EK's press dept. is still employed. For an hour or so it looked like they may have been terminated but alas, they are still cranking PRs daily. :(

If there is an award for excessive PRs I'm sure EK will win it, hands down.

Processor Core i5-3350P @3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 (uATX)
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) |Ξ \/ G /\ GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB w/Backplate, Part Number: 04G-P4-3673-KR, ASIC 68.5%
Storage some cheap seagates and one wd green
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case some cheap old eurocase, black, with integrated cheap lit lcd for basic monitoring
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Triathlor 550W ETA550AWT bronze, non-modular, airflow audible over 300W power draw
Mouse PMSG1G
Keyboard oldschool membrane Keytronic 104 Key PS/2 (big enter, right part of right shift broken into "\" key)
is there any test of watercooling blocks efficiency from different manufacturers?

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Another cooling block to offer.:clap: Nice EK Tests are rarely performed but I can say that every owner of a liquid cooling is familiar with the tremendous advantage of it , against air cooler.
Thus, the temperature significantly increases life span and graphics processor will not give up after two years of active play. Of course, not everything in the block because we need a good enough radiator, pump ,reservoir fens, paips. Controller, it is not necessary but is preferred.
The use of stainless steel is more practical in nature as it is necessary to cool the power components (MOSFETs) and the wall, there can be 1 mm thin. Thus deliver no unnecessary bottlenecks for the flow of fluids.:)