• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plextor Introduces the M6S SATA Solid State Drive

Plextor, a leading developer of digital storage technology, announces the launch of the M6S, a highly efficient, high-performance SSD. The Plextor M6S is capable of delivering an impressive maximum random read/write speed of 94,000/80,000 and a 520/440 MB/s sequential read/write speed. This performance comes with power savings of 30% to 50% compared to the M5S. The DEVSLP power mode reduces power consumption to an incredible 2 mW.

"The new M6S gives desktop and notebook users the ultimate system upgrade. Its combination of speed and efficiency makes it an ideal replacement for a hard drive. By installing an M6S rather than a traditional hard drive, Windows 7 boots in a quarter of the time, applications start quickly, and saving and loading become almost instant. Our tests even show that notebook users can gain an extra 30 minutes of battery time by using an M6S," said Product Manager, Yaping Zheng.

The Plextor M6S builds on the success of the best-selling M5S with improvements to every aspect of the drive. For the popular 128 GB capacity, the new drive offers write speeds 50% faster than its predecessor. It also has a new thinner 7 mm form factor, allowing the M6S to fit into recent generations of thin notebooks.

At the heart of the M6S is the latest server-grade controller from Marvell, the SS9188. This powerful dual-core controller is combined with high-speed toggle-mode Toshiba flash memory and exclusive firmware developed in-house by an elite team. It has a new improved version of Plextor's legendary True Speed technology, giving long-term performance stability and effective multitasking.

Every individual Plextor SSD undergoes rigorous testing that simulates real-world use and an extended burn-in procedure for total stability. M6S SSDs are backed by a 3-year warranty and an extensive support structure with technicians on hand to help end users get the best from their SSDs.

Fast efficient hardware fused with ultra-stable firmware and tough testing standards, set the Plextor M6S apart from other SSDs. With the introduction of the Plextor M6S, consumers can upgrade their system with an SSD that delivers a responsive, exciting computing experience and reduces power consumption.

The Plextor M6S SSD will be available in the second quarter of 2014 in 128 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB capacities.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
30 minutes? could smell the bullshit from miles away.

System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
30 minutes? could smell the bullshit from miles away.
Actually, when I swapped a HDD for an SSD in my i3-370m laptop years ago, I almost doubled my battery life. An extra 30 minutes would be a conservative estimate in my book.

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Actually, when I swapped a HDD for an SSD in my i3-370m laptop years ago, I almost doubled my battery life. An extra 30 minutes would be a conservative estimate in my book.
Back then I think the 2.5" spinners were a lot less efficient. I have some old ones that vibrate like crazy when they spin up, so how efficient can they be? Newer ones are in serious competition from SSDs, and undergo regular improvements in efficiency, quietness, and performance in an effort to keep up and remain relevant in the face of progress. So 30 minutes could be bullshit, because they're comparing it to recent laptop hard drives, and the display burns most of the power on recent machines. I don't know, and I hate laptops anyway, so I don't really care. But glad for improvements in any area, and hard disks are still a necessary evil.