• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

V-MODA Announces the XS Foldable Headphones

V-MODA, maker of the world's finest high-fidelity headphones trusted by pros and savvy consumers alike, is thrilled to announce the latest addition to their award-wining M-Class Series - the XS. Designed for ultimate comfort and sleek ergonomic fit, the XS reflects V-MODA's commitment to fashion-forward wearable technology, combining professional-grade quality and a personalized style.

Sleek Ergonomix for Better Sound
The angles and sleek headband design of the XS "mind the gap" by minimizing the unsightly space between the headband and your head. The result is a superior fit, added comfort, grander sound and a compact profile. 5+ years of R&D resulted in a wind-tunnel worthy design that contours evenly to the shape of your head, with angles that frame facial features. Enjoy long listening sessions comfortably with supple memory foam cushions that naturally adapt to your ears for faster "burn-in" and better noise isolation. The result of the meticulous design process behind the XS is a fashionable form-fitting design that elevates your listening experience; discover why "the fit is the sound."

Case Study of Style
"For nearly 10 years I have studied global fashion trends and paid close attention to individuals who wear and don't wear headphones including the different shapes and sizes," says Val Kolton, CEO of V-MODA. "While on- and over-ear headphones have gained popularity due to substantial mainstream marketing, I found that many consumers are conscious of their silhouette and don't like wearing bulky headphones. For instance, in quadrilatero della moda (quadrilateral of fashion) in Milano where V-MODA's design studio is located, it is a rarity to see anyone wearing headphones. Until now, there have been no viable headphone options for the fashion-conscious music lover."

"One Milanese woman I interviewed claimed she 'looked like a helicopter pilot' after she regrettably bought a set of plastic on-ear headphones," says Kolton. "In my eyes, the finest wearable technology should be engineered with a core of metal materials yet blend with the user through human feature-fitting industrial design and minimal branding."

Über Portability
The XS model is one of the smallest in its category, because it features the patent-pending CliqFold Hinge that precisely folds the headphones into an impossibly small exoskeleton case. The headphones and case are so small that many users in focus groups decided to replace their usual in-ear headphones with XS.

XS Features
  • 40 mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent-pending)
  • No batteries or artificial sound processing
  • CliqFold folding hinge (patent-pending)
  • Dual Inputs and SharePlay with V-CORK seals (patent-pending)
  • Exoskeleton case
  • Kevlar-reinforced universal SpeakEasy microphone cable for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices
  • 2-Year Premier Warranty, lifetime 50% immortal life program and V-MODA Six Star Service

Consistent Quality
In order to achieve the greatest sound for the greatest amount of people, extreme quality control standards over speaker driver variance functioned as the driving force in the release of XS.

"Headphone components are very small and unlike larger speakers even the smallest drop of glue can cause wild fluctuations from unit to unit. Each set must be carefully controlled to make every product virtually identical in sound," says Kolton. "We not only apply QC procedures in line with leading technology manufacturers… we even have conducted research on wine making to understand an even deeper approach to constant quality. That means that I actually listen to and sign off on each batch," Kolton added. "The end result is an exquisitely balanced and unique sound signature characterized by its addictive deep yet clean bass, vibrant mids, and extended highs."

Renaissance Versatility
V-MODA designs its products to be versatile, adapting to different uses and looks thanks to a wide range of accessories. We call them "Renaissance headphones." They are put through the tests of demanding consumers, modern audiophiles, athletes, musicians, travelers and even gamers.

Sharing & Dual Inputs
Dual inputs let you share the music with others, or function as a virtual on-the-go mixer. The patent-pending V-CORK seals allow discerning listeners to perfectly balance the audio. An optional BoomPro microphone instantly transforms the XS into the ideal headset for gamers, podcasters and broadcast professionals.

Military Durability
As with all of V-MODA's Crossfade family, durability and exquisite material selection were paramount in the design of XS. The masterful combination of steel and metal materials stands up to military-level standards of the MIL-STD-810G testing guidelines.

• Survives up to 60 drops on concrete
  • Virtually indestructible SteelFlex Headband
  • Minimal sound variance from unit to unit, checked along six parts of the sound curve versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
  • Kevlar-reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standard
  • MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure

The XS is immediately available for $212 in Matte Black Metal and White Silver at v-moda.com/XS including customization. It is also available without customization for $199.99 at Amazon.com, Brookstone, Microsoft, Collette and other fine stores worldwide.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
I'm tempted to pick apart the marketing bs, but I don't even know where to start.

In any case, I really hope these cans sound as good as they look.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Dual male connectors at both ends?! Zomg that solve my #1 issue with headphones, the blasted cable going bad cause it gets caught on everything. With that I'd only have to replace the cable and not the entire headphone.

However, $212...yeah...no. Get something like that sub $50 and then we'll talk.

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
I used to own a pair of V-Moda Crossfade but they hurt my head pretty bad. Not recommend if you have big head.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
Dual male connectors at both ends?! Zomg that solve my #1 issue with headphones, the blasted cable going bad cause it gets caught on everything. With that I'd only have to replace the cable and not the entire headphone.

However, $212...yeah...no. Get something like that sub $50 and then we'll talk.

212 is a bit much for my tastes currently but... if you can't spend over $50 on headphones you will never get good ones. You do tend to get what you pay for in hifi, unless beats.

Cheaper good listening cans are ATH-M50's they run ~$120.

System Name VALKYRIE
Processor Intel Core i7-4770K (4.7GHz, 1.300V)
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z87
Cooling Corsair H100i w/SP120 PWM HP Edition Push-Pull
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II (Boost 1175MHz, Mem 6808MHz)
Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm 64MB Cache HDD
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 IPS 27"
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (OEM)
This is basically a foldable version of their Crossfade M80's. I own a pair and they're very nice sounding headphones for portable use. They look good, but they don't use looks as a way to compensate for crappy sound. Sadly kind of rare in the headphone industry... *cough Beats cough*

My only gripes are that their max size extension isn't that large while their minimum size is laughably small (infant-sized). That and the ear cups don't swivel, which with on-ear headphones can sometimes cause slight ear fatigue/pain with prolonged use. The headband is made of spring steel though, so that helps alleviate the lack of swivel adjustment.

But, the sound is great, and they don't look half bad. If you're handy with Photoshop or GIMP or find some nice royalty-free, unlicensed art online, you can send them the picture and they'll laser-etch your design into the metal shields on the earcups for you for no extra cost (if you buy from their website, which for some reason is cheaper than from Amazon even though you can't customize when you buy from Amazon...).

I also have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, and those are better for audio monitoring and isolation. They're a lot bulkier and heavier though. Both headphones are built like tanks. ATH-M50's have a more flat/slightly V-shaped sound signature (fairly neutral, some emphasis on bass, noticeable emphasis on treble) while the Crossfade M80's lean toward the mids and bass a little bit, though highs are still accurate, as is the sound overall.

About the XS though...honestly it seems to me like the regular M80 would be easier to carry around. It comes with a hard case too, so you can toss it in your backpack with stuff. The XS hard case looks thicker than the M80 hard case, so even if you can fold the headphones, it won't be as easy to fit when you actually carry it around folded up.

Shot of my customized M80's :) Valkyrie is the name of my rig.

(60D + 50mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8, 1/60, ISO 400)

Last edited:
System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
I have had a pair of vmodas for 2-3 years.
They still run and sound good.
:)