• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Launches New Headphone Series

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the Razer Adaro series, a new line of headphones designed for personal entertainment. The new audio lineup will initially feature four models: bass-heavy earphones, analog stereo headphones, Bluetooth headphones and DJ-style headphones. Each member of the Razer Adaro family is designed with a heavy focus on durability, comfort and uncompromised sound quality for music listening.

The Razer Adaro series marks the company's latest venture into the personal entertainment audio space. The Razer Kraken and Electra, two of Razer's best-selling headphones, were tuned for music, as well as gaming.

"Making technically advanced headsets to meet the extraordinary requirements of professional gamers has been a primary focus for us for years, and applying that competency to the development of headphones designed for music lovers is a natural extension for the business and our fans," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "For some time now, we've been asked to come out with a line of headphones that addresses the other interests of our community. The Razer Adaro lineup offers just that: high-quality, portable audio for kicking-back, traveling and training, and even for making music."

All four Razer Adaro products are available for pre-order now. For more information, check out www.razerzone.com.

About the Razer Adaro In-Ear Analog Earphones
Combining killer sound, a sleek, robust, aluminum body and a convenient, compact carrying case, the Razer Adaro Earphones are built for pure listening pleasure on-the-go.

Crafted and engineered to exacting standards, the Razer Adaro Earphones provide a solid in-ear aural experience. Precision-milled out of aircraft grade aluminum and finished with diamond-cut edges, the look and feel is as premium as its sound.

Incorporating quality hardware, the Razer Adaro Earphones are more than just head turners. High-performance, custom-tuned 10 mm neodymium drivers are sonically optimized to complement their inner acoustics chambers, producing crisp stereo sound. Interchangeable ear tips in three sizes and bi-flange attachments are included to personalize the fit.

Price:
U.S. $79.99 / EU €79.99

Availability:
Razerzone.com - Pre-order in January
Worldwide - February

Product features:
  • High-performance 10 mm dynamic drivers
  • Robust, precision-milled aluminum body
  • Personalized fit and sound isolation
  • Flat, anti-tangle cable
  • Compatible with most popular mobile devices
  • Included carrying case

About the Razer Adaro Stereo Analog Headphones
To create the perfect pair of headphones for music listening, we approached the design with three things in mind: uncompromising audio, long-lasting comfort and robust portability.

Packing high-performance, custom-tuned 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers, the Razer Adaro Stereos deliver crisp, natural-sounding acoustics for an amazing audio experience. These powerful drivers are housed in the custom-developed, fully adjustable architecture of the Razer Adaro Stereos, allowing for an extremely comfortable and lightweight design.

The Razer Adaro Stereos are meant to be taken wherever you go. Their construction is sleek and compact, allowing for easy transportation, yet they are incredibly robust for endless hours of use.

With its brilliant sound, comfortable form factor and portability, the Razer Adaro Stereos are the perfect headphones for the active music listener.

Price:
U.S. $99.99 / EU €99.99

Availability:
Worldwide - February

Product features:
  • Custom-tuned 40 mm dynamic drivers
  • Comfortable, lightweight form factor
  • Fully adjustable architecture
  • Plush leatherette ear cushions
  • Anti-tangle, braided fiber cable
  • Compatible with most popular mobile devices

About the Razer Adaro Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
With its brilliant Razer Adaro sound, uncompromising portability and comfortable form factor, the Razer Adaro Wireless are the perfect headphones for hours of mobile music enjoyment.

The Razer Adaro Wireless is built to follow you wherever you go. Featuring Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX technology, the Razer Adaro Wireless easily connects to any Bluetooth-enabled device, providing pristine, cord-free audio quality.

Packing high-performance, custom-tuned, 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers, the Razer Adaro Wireless delivers a top-level listening experience. These powerful drivers are housed in a custom-developed, fully adjustable form factor that provides extreme comfort in a lightweight design.

Price:
U.S. $149.99 / EU €149.99

Availability:
Worldwide - February

Product features:
  • Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity with aptX technology
  • Up to 20 hours of playback
  • Custom-tuned 40 mm dynamic drivers
  • Comfortable, lightweight form factor
  • Playback and volume controls
  • CD-quality audio over Bluetooth

About the Razer Adaro DJ Analog Headphones
The Razer Adaro DJ was crafted with producers, performers and discerning music listeners in mind. Made with durable, high-performance components, the Razer Adaro DJ embodies hard-hitting, powerful sound in a modern, functional package.

The large, sonically balanced drivers deliver rich, natural sounding acoustics and heavy bass, perfect for spinning behind the console or jamming to tracks on-the-go. These potent drivers are housed in mixing-friendly padded ear cups that swivel, rotate and collapse into a small, compact form factor. You can take the Razer Adaro DJ to the studio, to the club and everywhere between.

When designing the Razer Adaro DJ's architecture, we knew that we had to make something durable. Our industrial design team worked closely with our engineers to perfect a mix of metals and resilient plastics to produce a form factor that is incredibly lightweight, yet able to take a beating.

Complete with DJ-ready accessories, a sturdy construction and powerful sound, the Razer Adaro DJ headphones are ready to drop a beat anytime, anywhere.

Price:
U.S. $199.99 / EU €199.99

Availability:
Worldwide - February

Product features:
  • Powerful, high-performance 50 mm dynamic drivers
  • Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
  • Swappable cable system with included coiled and straight cables
  • Fully adjustable and foldable architecture
  • Included .25-in. audio adapter
  • Compatible with iPhone, Android and other mobile devices

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
And so it starts...everyone and their neighbor's dog coming out with csr8645 (BT4.0/aptx) and 8670 (if you like that capacitive earpiece-swiping nonsense or think you need more than 2 mics) cans. This really should have happened last year, at least to greater extent than it did, but happy it's upon us. $150 msrp is a fairly decent price if those don't suck for sound/construction quality and are comfortable, and I think it sets a nice benchmark for others to compete.

Yaayyyyyy. I really wonder what will rise to the top in each price segment/style/driver size after CES. It really should be exciting for those that give a crap about wireless headphones, as it should bring better prices and variety to a market I think far too few take advantage because of past issues (with sound/material quality or battery life). Judging by the fact that portable (bluetooth) speakers and 'premium' (>$100) headphones are two of the largest growth markets of last year in electronics, I think that's going to change.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I have a set of Razors and for gaming and movies they are great. Nice bass and highs. Where mine fall short are mids so they suck for music. Of course that might be my fault. My hearing isn't what you call great. To many years of being a "BAD ASS" and not wearing ear plugs at the range has cost me. Wish I could go back in time and slap myself. So I won't blame Razor for that. IMO so far also their construction is good. I've had better sounding headphones but they never last with my big head and meat paws.

Wish these companies would just focus on making accurate sound and leave the "making the sound AWESOME" to the companies developing the sound.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
what? premium headset
but i like its simple looks

TomGuru

Cool headphones you might say but overpriced for just a tad bit. The design also is not that quite elegant unlike the Adaro DJs for example.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
I still like my current headphones better

TomGuru

The In-ears are good but not better thatn the Hammerheads which provide a mic also unlike the Adaro In ears.