• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] My Simple Rig

EviLZeD

System Name Ez - 1st custom
Processor AMD Phenom x3 8450
Motherboard Asus m3a78-em
Cooling thermaltake mini typhoon :D aerogate fan controller
Memory 6gb corsair xms 2 800mhz ddr2
Video Card(s) xpertvision HD 4850 1GB ddr3 sonic 685/1000
Storage Corsair 128gb SSD, 2x 250GB maxtor 16mb cache raid 0, 500gb 32mb cache storage
Display(s) AMD surround view 2x e172fp 17" 1x dell e248wfp 24"
Case coolermaster elite 330
Audio Device(s) creative audigy se
Power Supply hiper type r 580watt
Software Windows 7 x64
great job you done there with fitting everything inside so neatly also nice mesh mod 9/10

R

reypot

very nice setup sir...specially the frontbay lcd display :D
what's it called sir?

my vote "8"

jcmarfilph

Sweet setup man.. Hows the heat issues???

Thanks. uumm no heat issue man..

Running Celey D 331 @ 3.6Ghz 24/7
doing Folding@Home, downloading, music, surfing with max temp of 52C idles at 40C

very nice setup sir...specially the frontbay lcd display :D
what's it called sir?

my vote "8"

umm its IMon VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) man not LCD..
Displays RSS Feed, Equalizer, Volume Control, System Specs and everything ^_^

TPU has a review of that device.

thanks man!

G

-=G.G.Miku=-

Wow! This case is awesome. You build it very clean. Thats great.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Excellent job! Cramming a Ninja in there is worthy of a 10 sir!

System Name Desktop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory 4x8Gb Corsair 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A750 super special limited edition
Storage many
Display(s) Custom 124" 4K HDR Home Theater
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA 700B1
Software Win 11 x64
Very Nice 9/10 :toast:

Zalmann

System Name HP Pavilion dv6
Processor Intel Core i7-2630QM
Memory 8GB (2 x GEIL 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM C9 1333MHz)
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD6570
Storage 750Gb WD 2.5" WD Scorpio Black
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Looks great mate, the only thing that I would change would be to remove that Sempron sticker at the front, it makes it look a bit tacky. Else it is very nice. 7/10.

jcmarfilph

haha okies..

Been an AMD Fanboy all these years and it looks better than Celey sticker isnt it? ^_^

But dont worry, it'll be replaced soon by C2D sticker ^_^

thanks mate!

Zalmann

haha okies..

Been an AMD Fanboy all these years and it looks better than Celey sticker isnt it? ^_^

But dont worry, it'll be replaced soon by C2D sticker ^_^

thanks mate!

I like them plane without stickers myself. Still, as you say, it's still much better than having a Celery sticker on it .

Zalmann

Haha thanks dude!

Will let you know once I have upgraded to C2D so I can get another 10/10 ^_^

LOL. If you do that, and remove the sticker, then I'll also give you 10/10.

__Miguel_

Processor Core 2 Duo E6400
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Ninja
Memory 2x1GB 667MHz TwinMOS
Video Card(s) Gigabyte X1950Pro
Storage Hitachi HDT722525DLA380
Display(s) LG L1915S
Case CoolerMaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply LC Power 550W GP
Software XP x64
mATX case and board with a giant cooler, must have a 10, no matter what the system specs are... Simply AWESOME.

Btw, I am hunting for a mATX case for an HTPC myself. I was thinking about building one, but after seing that one I just reconsidered. Since my board is the same as yours (actually, it is a ConRoe945G-DVI, but as it has the exact same layout, is basically the same thing :p). Can you please tell me what case did you used, and its price? The only "901" references I find on Google point to an ATX RaidMax case...

Also, what kind of "hacking" did you do to it? Would something like that work on an Aspire X-QPack (and derivates?)

Man, thank you SOOO much for this idea. I only wish I could vote twice... :p

Cheers.

Miguel

jcmarfilph

mATX case and board with a giant cooler, must have a 10, no matter what the system specs are... Simply AWESOME.

Btw, I am hunting for a mATX case for an HTPC myself. I was thinking about building one, but after seing that one I just reconsidered. Since my board is the same as yours (actually, it is a ConRoe945G-DVI, but as it has the exact same layout, is basically the same thing :p). Can you please tell me what case did you used, and its price? The only "901" references I find on Google point to an ATX RaidMax case...

Also, what kind of "hacking" did you do to it? Would something like that work on an Aspire X-QPack (and derivates?)

Man, thank you SOOO much for this idea. I only wish I could vote twice... :p

Cheers.

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

wow thank you so much man..

ummm regarding the 901 case, actually if im not mistaken it is available only in our country (Philippines) well could be in China or Taiwan too...

Price is around 50 USD

actually it is a copycat of Ultra Microfly

http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/articles/show/ultra_microfly_review/

which is also like Aspire X-QPack

http://www.aspireusa.net/category.php?cid=41

I guess any of the two will do..

As stated

- I removed the HDD bracket (bar on the right panel) by drilling out teh rivets
- Transferred the HDD rack below on the middle. Screwed it on the plate
- Bend the 5.25 bays to fit in 120mm fan of the Scythe Ninja

Goodluck and thanks again.

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
After a small "hickup" with Internet Explorer, I can finally reply.

First of all, thank you for the quick reply. Nice to see you're alert on this thread.

Now, for the follow-up questions :p It's good to know that case is based on something already on the market, it makes finding a substitute a lot easier. However, there is one tiny problem. You see, the Microfly and the X-QPack are different, and that could be a very bad thing... As I understand, it seems one of those two cases is smaller than the other, in such a way that the PSU sometimes can't handle longer CD/DVD drives. That could totally blow up the idea of using a Ninja on the case, it could be too big, and force to remove the 5.25'' trays... Would you mind measuring the box for me, or giving me a link with the information? (Preferably English, though I can also manage Spanish, French and, of course, Portuguese :p)

As I see it, I might not need to bend the 5.25'' bays, I'm planning on only using either a 12cm XL2 Noiseblocker @21dBA or a 12cm SilenX IXTREMA @14dBA (insane amounts of airflow, especially from the SilenX), which would go on the back. What I would like to know, though, is if your cooler is resting flat on the CPU (I noticed it touches the PSU, or so it seems) and if it would be possible to use other kind of cooler. The OCZ Vindicator is a yes, it's the same size as the Ninja; something weirder, like a Sonic Tower (Thermaltake) or an Ultra 120 (Thermalright) is not so easy to tell...

Ok, one last question and I'm done (I'm very excited, this was just the thing I was looking for...). Do you feel the case lost some rigidity with the loss of the HDD support bar? I would like to transport mine...

That price tag is interesting. Last time I saw an X-QPack on sale it cost like double that figure, and I think it came with all-metal panels... I'll have to look around, I only need the case...

Cheers.

Miguel

P.S.: Lucky you got your hands on one ConRoe1333. Those came out like two weeks ago (at least on the ASRock site). I wanted one of those (went with the ConRoe945G-DVI, instead), but I'd have to wait at least another month for those things to arrive, and I was in a little of a hurry... :p

Processor E6700@3447 (383.1*9)24/7; 3735(415*9)for benchies
Motherboard P5B dlx
Cooling Zalman cnps 9700 led; 1Thermaltake enlobel 120mm; 1Noctua 120 and 2NZXT 120 mm case fans
Memory Corsair Twinx 2Go Pc6400c4 @ 478.9 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) hd 2900 xt @850/1050
Storage 400G Seagate; 75Go WD raptor (system disk)
Display(s) Sony h70
Case Modded NZXT apollo
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-FI audio / Altec 2.1
Power Supply Enermax Infinity 720W
Software XP pro sp2
Benchmark Scores 3DMark=12907
Firefox

First of all, thank you for the quick reply. Nice to see you're alert on this thread.

Now, for the follow-up questions :p It's good to know that case is based on something already on the market, it makes finding a substitute a lot easier. However, there is one tiny problem. You see, the Microfly and the X-QPack are different, and that could be a very bad thing... As I understand, it seems one of those two cases is smaller than the other, in such a way that the PSU sometimes can't handle longer CD/DVD drives. That could totally blow up the idea of using a Ninja on the case, it could be too big, and force to remove the 5.25'' trays... Would you mind measuring the box for me, or giving me a link with the information? (Preferably English, though I can also manage Spanish, French and, of course, Portuguese :p)

As I see it, I might not need to bend the 5.25'' bays, I'm planning on only using either a 12cm XL2 Noiseblocker @21dBA or a 12cm SilenX IXTREMA @14dBA (insane amounts of airflow, especially from the SilenX), which would go on the back. What I would like to know, though, is if your cooler is resting flat on the CPU (I noticed it touches the PSU, or so it seems) and if it would be possible to use other kind of cooler. The OCZ Vindicator is a yes, it's the same size as the Ninja; something weirder, like a Sonic Tower (Thermaltake) or an Ultra 120 (Thermalright) is not so easy to tell...

Ok, one last question and I'm done (I'm very excited, this was just the thing I was looking for...). Do you feel the case lost some rigidity with the loss of the HDD support bar? I would like to transport mine...

That price tag is interesting. Last time I saw an X-QPack on sale it cost like double that figure, and I think it came with all-metal panels... I'll have to look around, I only need the case...

Cheers.

Miguel

P.S.: Lucky you got your hands on one ConRoe1333. Those came out like two weeks ago (at least on the ASRock site). I wanted one of those (went with the ConRoe945G-DVI, instead), but I'd have to wait at least another month for those things to arrive, and I was in a little of a hurry... :p

IE scks.........firefox all the way (or any other)

jcmarfilph

Cheers.

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Yeah this 901 case is longer than Aspire X-QPack I think, and yes you need to use shorter optical drive (Liteon is an example). So I think you need the Ultra Microfly

About the rigidity, it is still rigid as it was before coz it still have the left bar and the middle bracket.

Dimensions are 15 x 11 x 9 inch (L x W x H)
7 inches (bay) + 8 inches (length of free area for HSF including the 120mm rear exhaust fan, so width is 120mm)

Im excited to put the E4300 (will try the BSEL+VCore mod) so I can pump the FSB up to 350Mhz)

HTH

Cheers!

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
Yeah this 901 case is longer than Aspire X-QPack I think, and yes you need to use shorter optical drive (Liteon is an example). So I think you need the Ultra Microfly

(...)

Dimensions are 15 x 11 x 9 inch (L x W x H)
7 inches (bay) + 8 inches (length of free area for HSF including the 120mm rear exhaust fan, so width is 120mm)
I was afraid you said that... The only Aspire-like cases (apart from the Aspire itself, which costs three times more than yours - auch) I can find on sale here in Portugal are from Aerocool and Nox, both of them around 14 inches in depth, which seems rather short... I'll have to scout for longer cases, the only thing that seems to change (except the depth, of course) is the exterior, interior layout is basically the same on every one...

About the rigidity, it is still rigid as it was before coz it still have the left bar and the middle bracket.
Good to know. Now to find me a 15-inch depth case...

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

Miguel

P.S.: Just one tiny question: how much space is there between the outermost part of the Ninja (without the fan) and the 5.25'' trays? If you only had to bend the trays because of the 2.5cm depth fan, I might just get by with a 14-inch case (1 inch is around 2.5cm, but usually the fan ends up higher than the cooler... Just wondering...)