• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cert test prep

System Name dell beast
Processor dual Xeon x5675
Motherboard dell t7500
Cooling stock
Memory 48gb ecc ddr3
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7870 Myst 2gb
Storage 2tb hpe ssd
Display(s) asus 23.8" 1080p
Case t7500
Audio Device(s) XFI soundblaster
Power Supply 1200watt dell
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10x64
I've been in the tech field for ~7-8 years now, only have my Associates degree and looking at working on my Bachelors...just for a bit of background...

in anycase i'm ready to start taking cert to show what i know (hopefully a raise as well) but some of the finer details always throw me on a test...so what kind of prep test/material do you guys find helped you out the most? website, book, test, video series...

i'm starting on the "easier" test Comptia (A+, Net+, Sec+...)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't rightly remember what the specific link is, but there is a microsoft schools section on their website where you can download a tonne of their certification information for free!

System Name dell beast
Processor dual Xeon x5675
Motherboard dell t7500
Cooling stock
Memory 48gb ecc ddr3
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7870 Myst 2gb
Storage 2tb hpe ssd
Display(s) asus 23.8" 1080p
Case t7500
Audio Device(s) XFI soundblaster
Power Supply 1200watt dell
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10x64
thanks RCoon, i'll be doing my microsoft certs after the comptia test...so i'm going to search for that now

norburykingdom

I've been in the tech field for ~7-8 years now, only have my Associates degree and looking at working on my Bachelors...just for a bit of background...

in anycase i'm ready to start taking cert to show what i know (hopefully a raise as well) but some of the finer details always throw me on a test...so what kind of prep test/material do you guys find helped you out the most? website, book, test, video series...

norburykingdom

norburykingdom

thanks RCoon, i'll be doing my microsoft certs after the comptia test...so i'm going to search for that now

to anyone starting out on the certification process then one website that will be useful above all others is
http://www.test-your-it-knowledge.com/ it has about 2,000 questions. The questions are up to date and they are slightly easier than the actual certifications

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit

to anyone starting out on the certification process then one website that will be useful above all others is
http://www.test-your-it-knowledge.com/ it has about 2,000 questions. The questions are up to date and they are slightly easier than the actual certifications
Thanks you for these helpful links.

EDIT: norburykingdom you can use the edit button to edit you post's and the previous two posts where you quoted and haven't replied make no sense, you can also delete them.
Welcome to TPU.