• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Addonics Announces Internal GigaNAS Adapter

Addonics Technologies today announced the Internal GigaNAS Adapter, a simple, powerful and inexpensive solution for custom building your own high capacity network attached storage system, including private cloud storage.

The new adapter is designed to mount into a PCI slot of a desktop computer, server or a storage chassis with a centronic 50 connector cutout. With two SATA ports and one USB port, the new adapter allows you to share up to 16 hard drives over a LAN with as much as 16 TB per drive volume and up to 85 MB/sec. transfer rate over a 1G network at a fraction of the cost of many existing NAS solutions.

The adapter includes convenient features, such as full disk sharing of existing content in any drive or sharing of existing folders from drives created by other systems. The sharing can be set up for access via SMB or FTP connection by various users with different READ/WRITE privileges. This allows users to create content on a drive directly from a PC and then attach the same drive to the Internal NAS adapter to have the content shared over the LAN or WAN without reformatting the drive as commonly required by other NAS storage product.

The new full disk sharing and existing folder sharing features are also available with firmware upgrades on the Addonics NAS 4.0 adapter, NAS Tower and Secured NAS family of products.

The Internal GigaNAS Adapter supports storage devices with multiple partitions, with each partition appearing as a share folder on the network. A very large storage in excess of hundreds of terabytes storage capacity can be easily built by attaching multiple drives or RAID volume via combination of Port Multipliers or USB hubs.

The Internal GigaNAS Adapter is priced from $95. Visit www.addonics.com/products/nas4rm.php.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
IDK... there are AM1 boards+CPU that'll give me two ports and USB3 for less, along with a PCIe slot for more ports.

Better sell would have been to get two port multipliers in the unit and included a pair of breakout cables - that would get some attention!

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
IDK... there are AM1 boards+CPU that'll give me two ports and USB3 for less, along with a PCIe slot for more ports.

Better sell would have been to get two port multipliers in the unit and included a pair of breakout cables - that would get some attention!

I imagine your setup will cost more, and your power draw is going to be way higher.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well, it doesn't. At least it doesn't in a significant enough way to me. With AM1 Board+CPU+RAM for ~$95 the cost is nearly even and during operation the power difference would be negligible given the benefits IMO.

Like I said, if they had just given it that *little extra* , like supporting 8 drives via built-in multipliers then it would be an interesting product.