• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Maximus VII Formula Series

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Corsair 750D Z97
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard Maximus VII Formula Z97
Cooling Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO Custom Loop
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR3 2133 MHZ (CAS 9)
Case Corsair 750D
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX Formula 2014 (On-Board Solution)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80PLUS Platinum
Software Windows 8.1
I like to live life in the FAST lane....

That makes sense, you post the review here, where would it be under, or when do you plan to post it.

No.... really though.

To take pictures for the review I'm working on? ;)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
That makes sense, you post the review here, where would it be under, or when do you plan to post it.

It'll be on the front page here at some point soon. :p Pretty much all motherboard, all memory and most CPU reviews posted here in the last...geez...4 years... have been written by yours truly. :p

But I appear as a normal user, so this is a bit confusing, yes? TPU is made up from its members, and I ain't nobody special.

No review from me was posted last week, but you know, I've been doing 1 or more reviews a week for several weeks since before Z97 launch, and my kids are on summer holidays right now, so I've been slacking a bit on review work. Hopefully you'll see another 5 or 6 reviews from me in the next few weeks; Biostar, a couple of ASUS, a couple of MSI... maybe I'll get the OC guide for 4790K done too. ;)

Case Corsair 750D
Software Windows 8.1
It'll be on the front page here at some point soon. :p Pretty much all motherboard, all memory and most CPU reviews posted here in the last...geez...4 years... have been written by yours truly. :p

But I appear as a normal user, so this is a bit confusing, yes? TPU is made up from its members, and I ain't nobody special.

No review from me was posted last week, but you know, I've been doing 1 or more reviews a week for several weeks since before Z97 launch, and my kids are on summer holidays right now, so I've been slacking a bit on review work. Hopefully you'll see another 5 or 6 reviews from me in the next few weeks; Biostar, a couple of ASUS, a couple of MSI... maybe I'll get the OC guide for 4790K done too. ;)

lol well I am new here I did not know that, I am guessing you not allowed to say when this is on Amazon or Newegg cause I see no dates anywhere.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
lol well I am new here I did not know that, I am guessing you not allowed to say when this is on Amazon or Newegg cause I see no dates anywhere.
Honestly, I don't even know. Some e-stores have pre-orders up, but beyond that, these things are not always something I am privy to.

I got the first off the assembly line, and I got mine late last week, so I imagine maybe Thursday, or next week maybe they'll be in stores. They just box up the single board and send to me via courier, but for stores, they get big box with many boards, some even get pallets of boards, so getting them all around the world takes a bit of time. I just got mine fired up and have started running benchmarks just a few moments ago, so it'll be some time before I can publish the review...have to check performance, deal with any BIOS issues that might come up, and then OC and test the memory profiles, etc, trying to push my old and tired 4770K to the limit.

Case Corsair 750D
Software Windows 8.1
Honestly, I don't even know. Some e-stores have pre-orders up, but beyond that, these things are not always something I am privy to.

I got the first off the assembly line, and I got mine late last week, so I imagine maybe Thursday, or next week maybe they'll be in stores. They just box up the single board and send to me via courier, but for stores, they get big box with many boards, some even get pallets of boards, so getting them all around the world takes a bit of time. I just got mine fired up and have started running benchmarks just a few moments ago, so it'll be some time before I can publish the review...have to check performance, deal with any BIOS issues that might come up, and then OC and test the memory profiles, etc, trying to push my old and tired 4770K to the limit.

I cannot wait till I get mine, I love the look of these boards.

Case Corsair 750D
Software Windows 8.1
Last edited:
Hefty price tag, hopefully the non bundle is closer to 320 if not no biggie I like it that much. :) And all I have heard about that game is negative feedback not on the game but performance wise, so I will wait till August for sure.
I've been holding off on ordering a new system for this board and Intel devils canyon to come out. I'm wanting to get this board and not sure I can wait another month. What really sucks though is the video card I'm getting already comes with this game bundled as well.

My Maximus VII Gene (The Maximus Minimus, lol) arrives in 24 h, will not sleep tonite!