• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DisplayLink Demonstrating Dual 4K Displays Using 60 GHz WiGig at IDF

DisplayLink, the leading provider of USB graphics technology, today announced the industry's first demonstration of Dual 4K monitors over a 60 GHz WiGig connection. The demonstration features a WiGig integrated notebook, WiGig docking station connected to two 4K DisplayLink USB Graphics adapters, enabling two 4K monitors showcasing "wired-quality" latency and image quality. The demonstration is being shown September 9th-11th at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco at DisplayLink booth #750.

"This is truly an exciting time for DisplayLink, with interest pouring in for our latest DL-5000 family of 4K enabled chipsets," said John Cummins, Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing. "Since the first announcement at CES 2014 we've launched the DL-5500, DL-5700 and DL-5900 products capable of providing a 4K workspace on non-4k capable notebooks and computers, extending flexibility to the workspace and increasing productivity. We're proud to show how this capability extends further into the wireless space when combined with a 60 GHz WiGig 4K dock, enabling dual 4K 3098x2160 resolution displays at IDF '14 in San Francisco. Latency and image quality are preserved for a no compromise 'wired-quality' user experience."

DisplayLink's solutions are deployed to millions of customers and Fortune companies globally, now in the fifth generation of products spanning both USB 2.0 and 3.0 but with protocols that are connection agnostic, the perfect partner for wired and wireless docking and display solutions. DisplayLink is also showcasing Android based Smart Phones connecting to multiple monitors showing extended productivity screens for the next generation of connected global business solutions.

For more information regarding DisplayLink, please visit www.displaylink.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
I've used Wacom's business display tablet (DTU-1031) which uses DisplayLink USB tech and it's not bad at all. You can't use it for games or anything (since it's using it's own video "card"), but as a direct writing tablet, it's pretty quick and accurate.

System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card
Range will be the most important factor in these devices (followed by price). With a 60GHz signal, I would imagine that the connection will only work with an unobstructed line of sight between the transmitter and receiver.

Range will be the most important factor in these devices (followed by price). With a 60GHz signal, I would imagine that the connection will only work with an unobstructed line of sight between the transmitter and receiver.

I own a Sony XBR10 HDTV which uses a 60 GHz link to connect the input box with the television and while the tv itself is a beautiful piece of equipment, the complete package is by far the dumbest consumer electronics setup i have ever encountered or read about.

In order to use it you have to have the -front- of the wireless box pointed directly at the front of the television unobstructed (ie. the same orientation as pointing a remote control at your tv from your couch) or it won't work at all. To add insult to injury the video inputs (hdmi etc) are on the -back- of the wireless box.

Think about that for a minute. :banghead: