• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT] Tyan Quad Socket S4989-SI with RAM and Opteron CPU's

System Name Budget Rig
Processor AMD FX4300
Motherboard ASRock 970M
Cooling Watercooling: Custom Loop
Memory 8GB RipJaws 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 AMD HD6950
Storage Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, (2) WD Blue 320GB in Raid
Display(s) AOC 22"
Case Lian Li PC-V354
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 860W
Software Windows 7
Finally decided to get rid of my babygirl, my Tyan Thunder Quad Socket.

HeatWare

Rules:
-Serious Buyers only. I will not hold the board any more than 24 hours per person.
-PayPal only
-Shipping is not included; after giving me your zip code we'll go half-and-half on shipping
-I will not part out anything. Do not ask, you will be ignored.
-Don't ask me for board stats. HERE's the link for you.
-This IS the -si version, so it's compatible with up to 6-Core Istanbul Opterons

A little about this board; it's been under water it's entire life and was purchased manufacturer refurbished by me. This board is an absolute dream to have, and I could go on for paragraphs about all the different features it has. The BIOS is your typical AMI V4, and the board has a POST code readout that has helped in troubleshooting situations. I've never had issues with the board not booting, nor have I really had any issues with it at all. Since I don't fold anymore, this board has way too much power for me and I'd like to downgrade. The board will not take Windows Desktop, I started off with Ubuntu12.04 and gradually moved to Debian 7.5.

The board will come with 32GB (16x2GB) of server DDR2 ECC RAM. The RAM is all matched, so there is no mismatching of brands, speeds, etc. It was very costly tracking down RAM like this. The board will also come installed with four (4) AMD Opteron 8354 CPU's. As many of you may noticed, there are two "modded" (mounts chopped) Koolance waterblocks on the board. I found these chips to get really hot on air cooling and since the CPU's were already watercooled I decided to watercool the chips. They work perfectly fine as air coolers if you choose not to watercool, but will come with the board regardless as I have no use for them (and don't have the original chipsinks). Replacement chipsinks for this board can be purchased on FrozenCPU's website. Make sure your PSU has enough connectors for it, it takes a 24-pin ATX, two 8-pin EPS, as well as a 4-pin EPS.

Finally, the board does not have the backplates pictured; this is my mistake as I was in a bit of a rush. The backplates for air coolers WILL be included and installed on the board when it arrives.

The board will ship in original packaging with all it's original accessories (a manual, some SAS breakout cables, etc). I'm asking $450 OBO for everything (motherboard, opterons, matched RAM, Koolance blocks).

I'll consider partials/trades for high end S775 CPU's, DDR3 1066Mhz RAM, and lots of hard drives.

Last edited:
System Name Budget Rig
Processor AMD FX4300
Motherboard ASRock 970M
Cooling Watercooling: Custom Loop
Memory 8GB RipJaws 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 AMD HD6950
Storage Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, (2) WD Blue 320GB in Raid
Display(s) AOC 22"
Case Lian Li PC-V354
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 860W
Software Windows 7