• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS X99-Pro Motherboard Now Available

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS X99-Pro, the middle-variant of the company's mainline X99 series motherboards, started selling in the market. It follows the X99-Deluxe, the series flagship, and the cost-effective X99-A, and is slotted between the two. The X99-Pro is based on the same exact PCB as the X99-A, but with added features, which are blanked out traces on the latter. The two most notable differences between the two, are the WLAN + Bluetooth controller on the X99-Pro, covered by a decorative shroud running over the rear I/O area, covering the audio components; and an additional heatsink over some VRM circuitry south of the CPU socket, which is linked to the PCH heatsink by a heat pipe. The rest of the feature-set is identical between the two boards, ASUS is charging a $55 premium for the X99-Pro. This board is priced at US $330 on American etailer Newegg. The X99-A, on the other hand, is priced at $275 on the same site.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

X99-A and X99-Pro have been one sale in India for quite sometime now. That X99 Pro seems to offer best bang for buck as it is selling for the same price at which I had bought Z87 motherboards last year. Also since like Logitech, Asus is also serviced in India by RPtech I wouldn't recommend anyone in India to get Asus products.

X99-A and X99-Pro have been one sale in India for quite sometime now. That X99 Pro seems to offer best bang for buck as it is selling for the same price at which I had bought Z87 motherboards last year. Also since like Logitech, Asus is also serviced in India by RPtech I wouldn't recommend anyone in India to get Asus products.

Nice info.

A comparison with the Luxe edition is also warmly welcomed.

Nice info.

A comparison with the Luxe edition is also warmly welcomed.
you mean deluxe edition of X99? from what I know the deluxe edition sells for around 30650 INR(~$500) while the X99-Pro is around 23650 INR(~$385). that pro edition has seriously good value for money.

Here is a list of manufacturers that RPtech services in India: http://www.rptechindia.com/Services.aspx . In last 10 years my experience with them at best has been terrible. On average turnaround time for service has been atleast 4 weeks (after threatening them with legal actions), if you don't threaten them then it takes them anywhere between 2 months to 3 years(I still haven't gotten replacement for my Logitech G9 that was returned in 2011) for giving replacements or servicing faulty products. So in general now a days I don't recommend products from manufacturers that are serviced by RPtech in India.

I really ment the original message where it is compared with a cheaper board, not the upper one. I think the De Luxe has tons more I/O.

I really ment the original message where it is compared with a cheaper board, not the upper one. I think the De Luxe has tons more I/O.
Lower one X99-A is cheaper only by 2500INR(~$40), and for that difference getting a Wifi Ac+ Bluetooth connectivity is definitely worth the extra. I still haven't received pricing for Gigabyte X99 motherboards from my usual source. Although I have been told they should be available within a month.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
The ASUS X99-Pro has been up on Newegg.com for a while now,....maybe a week or so?