• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Angelbird Expands SSDwrk Series with 1TB Model

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Angelbird, Austria's premium SSD manufacturer, is now offering the SSD wrk and SSD wrk for Mac with 1 terabyte of storage. The new drives combine the highest storage capacity with great performance, robustness and efficiency in an ultra-slim aluminum chassis - making it the perfect choice to upgrade a Mac, MacBook, MacBook pro, PC or Notebook.

Angelbird has made no compromises in quality for its new SSD wrk models, which boast an ultra-fast SATA 3.1 6Gb/s interface that is also fully downward compatible with legacy computers and operating systems. The SSD wrk uses the SMI 2246EN controller and the case is made of high-quality matt-black anodized aluminum and houses custom-packed multi-level-cell NANDs. The maximum read and write speeds are 564 and 456 megabytes per second. The new 1-terabyte versions reach 72.000 IOPS (Input/Output Operations per Second). With a height of only 7 millimeters the SSD wrk 1 terabyte fits even into the slimmest notebook or desktop case.

The SSD wrk for Mac is ideal for upgrading older Apple models to the ultra-fast SSD technology. Specifically the device is equipped with native TRIM support, a feature that works straight out of the box - enabled by default in OS X, including Yosemite. There is no need to install any additional software, drivers or a TRIM enabler. As with all models of the SSD wrk series, the 1 terabyte versions are equipped with additional over-voltage and ESD protection features as well as overload protection and EMS protection. Customer security is provided by a five-year warranty.

"We are happy to announce the extension of the successful SSD wrk-series with the two new 1 terabyte versions. This series now covers the entire consumer SSD spectrum, offering perfectly adapted models for every requirement," said Roman Rabitsch, CEO of Angelbird.

The two new 1 terabyte models of the SSD wrk are now available for 599.99 USD (483.25 EUR). All prices excl. VAT.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Still waiting for 2TB SSD's in one single drive. If it'll cost below 500 EUR, I think I'd go for it and finally get rid of the HDD altogether. Next year maybe?

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Still waiting for 2TB SSD's in one single drive. If it'll cost below 500 EUR, I think I'd go for it and finally get rid of the HDD altogether. Next year maybe?

Unless you have an amazing backUp discipline or complete faith in SSD reliability, I guess you will still have an external mechanical/hybrid HDD. Don't get me wrong, I am over the edge fan of SSD's, but they do have the habit of dying suddenly regardless of my affection.

I'm aware of that. I'd be looking at potentially slower but more reliable units. The Crucial M4 that i have works without a single issue in my laptop for like 2 years now. So, Crucial will be among my top options...

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
They are damn crazy, if they think this is gonna sell for 599$.
Mushkin has the same drive (1TB capacity, siliconmotion controller) for 359$ on newegg.
You'd have to be crazy stupid to pay 240$ more for pretty much the same drive.

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Once SATA Express drives start coming out, SATA 3 drives will eventually drop down to HDD prices. It's not like I'm anxious to upgrade because my Force GT has been awesome for the past 3 years. It's interesting that they mention that it boasts SATA 3.1 because I thought the interface was already saturated to maximum levels at ~550MB/s read speeds?

But when will the day come Express!?!? WHEN!?!?! :banghead:

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
Once SATA Express drives start coming out, SATA 3 drives will eventually drop down to HDD prices. It's not like I'm anxious to upgrade because my Force GT has been awesome for the past 3 years. It's interesting that they mention that it boasts SATA 3.1 because I thought the interface was already saturated to maximum levels at ~550MB/s read speeds?

But when will the day come Express!?!? WHEN!?!?! :banghead:
When ssd pci-e controllers are ready.