• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Patriot Launches New Extension of Viper DRAM Series

Patriot, a leading manufacturer of computer memory, USB/flash memory, SSDs, and mobile accessories, today extended their Viper series of memory with the new Viper 4 built for the latest Intel X99 DDR4 platform and Haswell-E processor.

The Viper 4 series is Patriot's latest addition to their Viper line of extreme performance memory built for the most demanding environments. Designed with enthusiast system builders, content creators, overclockers and hardcore gamers in mind, the Viper 4 will be offered in quad channel kits of 16 GB and 32 GB running at speeds ranging from 2400 MHz to 3000 MHz starting at 1.2 - 1.35 volts.

"We are really excited about this new addition to our Viper Line," said Les Henry, Patriot's VP of Engineering. "The new Viper 4 line benchmarks are crushing the older DDR3 scores from just about every hardware benchmark: memory bandwidth, SSD and USB just to name a few."

To ensure rock solid performance, the Patriot Viper 4 is built with a new custom heat shield to ensure your system runs cool and stable. Compatible with XMP 2.0, the Viper 4 gives users the capability to easily overclock their system by using the predetermined memory profile while still having the option to manually edit the SPD in the PC bios. Backed by a lifetime warranty and Patriot's superior customer service, the Viper 4 is hand tested for quality assurance and validated for system compatibility.

Availability
The Patriot Viper 4 series will be available in the first quarter of 2015 at select in store and online retailers such as Fry's Electronics, Newegg and Amazon for a starting MSRP of $250.00-$700.00 respectively.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Wow! That price! Guess I will be waiting quite awhile to adopt anything newer than what I have that will require DDR4. It's going to be like DDR3, where it was two years in before it became affordable.

Wow! That price! Guess I will be waiting quite awhile to adopt anything newer than what I have that will require DDR4. It's going to be like DDR3, where it was two years in before it became affordable.

The price of DDR4 is nowhere near as high as when DDR3 was introduced. I've kept the invoices of all my PC hardware purchases. $600(NZD) for 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 in Feb 2009. $700(NZD) for 16GB of 3000Mhz DDR4 last month. IT'S A BARGAIN!!!!!!

Well, not really... but there's more RAM per $.