• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DeepCool Announces GamerStorm Assassin II CPU Cooler

Not impossible believe it or not. See below.

Below what? i could believe it, and i could not believe it. Science fact is that using only water through metal, and using ambient air to cool it, its either you at ambient or above it. There are no other options.

Having this discussions feels like having a discussion about whether is helium really lighter than air or not. It's inarguable. Using Chemical reactions to actions (the bong) is not what we're talking about here.

Last edited:
Processor FX6350@4.2ghz-i54670k@4ghz
Video Card(s) HD7850-R9290
well.. just off topic anyway.

air cooling a 220w cpu was the subject and a figure of 300w+ with customization was thrown in witch really makes no since to me.

for me I would forget about air cooling for that tdp but if someone insisted on trying air cooling I would say go for the d15 or v8gts along with the highest cfm case fans you can find for having a chance at it working out.

Heatsink companies up the marketed TDP just as another number for people to compare and make you think 400>399watt so it is better.

Cooling comes down to so many factors, and performance on different platforms (LGA2011 to 1150 to AMD) is so much different due to socket form factors, heat generated, die location etc. Optimization is the key to all this. More heatpipes and bigger CFM does not always give you equal gains in performance.

And also regarding people posting that using liquid cooling/ Air cooling that their temps can go below ambient? It's not possible period. Air/liquid cooling is about thermal transfer, taking heat from the CPU and releasing it into the environment.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275185-29-exploring-ambient-water-cooling
this is what I looked at first and he does explain quite a bit..

I would like to see AMD put a stamp of approval on some air coolers if they can really get the job done.

That is not what others meant by "you cannot cool anything colder than ambient." By introducing ice water, the temperature of the ice is calculated into the heat exchange system. "Cooling colder than ambient" would mean that you can get one specific object colder than the overall temperature in the whole system (thermal system not PC system.) It would be like expecting the CPU to get colder than the ice water introduced into the water cooling system. Nope, it's not physically possible.

Also, regarding AIO water cooling it does have it's advantages. The true advantage of water cooling is the high amount/volume of heat that it can carry away from the CPU with water in a tubing system. 6mm heatpipes in general each has a heat carrying capacity of between 20~40 watts of TDP depending on it's quality. So for a 6-8 pipe air cooler, you're looking at around 120~320 watts of TDP being carried away from the CPU. Water cooling has the advantage of a much higher TDP capacity. But this is only heat carried away from the CPU, eventually the water or heatpipes still need air based heat exchange from the radiator or the heatsink fins. Air blows through the radiator and fins to carry that heat into the environment. So in the end AIOs/CLC's still depend on the efficiency of the radiators to release heat from the water into the metal then into the air. AIO's do their job, but it's nothing more advanced than Air cooling. Heatpipes on the other hand are actually the high tech component in comparison. Heatpipes actually use the phase changing cycle of water particles ( liquid water -> steam -> back to liquid) to transfer heat energy up and down the heatpipes in a continuous cycle.

Processor FX6350@4.2ghz-i54670k@4ghz
Video Card(s) HD7850-R9290
this thread looks a little silly now that Im reading over it.. haha

DC made a pretty decent cooler and thats that..

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
WTF is with all of those stupid name schemes?? Assassin Cooler, Killer NIC, etc. We need some more original name as Rapist SB, Murderer RAM, Terrorist CAM, and such...
pfff