• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The Venturi Series of fans delivers high quality design and construction bringing forth a leading performance fan series with built-in rubber vibration dampening corners coupled with top quality electronics and materials. Venturi fans are ideal for high pressure or high airflow usage scenarios featuring detailed engineered elements that contribute to a low-noise yet a maximum performing solid fan.

The Venturi High Flow Series fans, HF-12 and HF-14, are optimized for low-restriction airflow environments, making them an excellent choice for computer case fans, or other low-restriction usage scenarios. Designed with a variety of performance-increasing and noise-reducing features, these fans can move an amazing amount of air compared to other fans at the same, minimal noise level.

The HF-14 comes with two sets of solid vibration-dampening rubber corners: one for standard 140mm fan hole spacing (125mm) and one compatible with the standard 120mm hole spacing (105 mm). The Venturi High Flow Series fans are ideal for those looking for a perfect balance between high performance and low noise built from sturdy, high quality materials.

Venturi High Flow Key Features
  • Featuring true FDB-bearings, providing silent operation coupled with a long lifespan
  • Equipped with a counter-balancing magnet in the hub that reduces the axial tension on the bearing, further protecting the longevity of the bearing
  • Dense, sturdy construction, made from high-grade glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic polymer with fan geometry that is optimized for a good balance between static pressure and maximum airflow, resulting in good performance in all usage scenarios
  • Aerodynamically shaped thin stator struts (including wire strut), mimicking the design commonly found on airplane wings, delivering correct angles allowing for air to easily pass through reducing noise and unwanted turbulence.
  • Stator struts are angled perpendicular to the blades, helping to reduce noise commonly emitted when the blades pass the struts. In effect, minimal noise that may be emitted will be constant and therefore almost inaudible to the ear.
  • Strategically placed notches near the fan hub on the trailing edge of the blades, further reducing and diffusing humming noise produced when the blades pass the stator struts
  • Includes a "trip wire" on the rear side of the blades, near the leading edge. The trip wire technology, also commonly found in airplane wing designs, introduces a micro-turbulent layer that helps to combat the elements that negatively affect performance. The presence of the trip wire overall provides a more efficient and quiet fan environment.
  • Delivers high precision due to high grade materials used, permitting the distance between the blades and frame to be as small as 1.2mm, contributing to a higher performance fan
  • Featuring a powerful motor to maintain a reliable speed
  • Comes with a low-speed adapter, for reducing the speed without the use of a fan controller
  • Includes vibration-dampening corners, from solid high-quality synthetic rubber on the fans
  • 140mm fans come with an additional set of vibration-dampening corners are included that lends compatibility with 120mm fan mounts (105mm screw spacing). This enables the use of 140mm fans on many CPU coolers.
  • Screws pass through the rubber only, not through plastic, therefore eliminating the chance of noise derived from rattling when in use
  • Available in 120mm and 140mm fan sizes
For more information, visit this page.

Venturi High Pressure PWM Fans
The Venturi High Pressure Series PWM fans, HP-12 and HP-14, are optimized for high-restriction airflow scenarios, making them an excellent choice for usage on large heatsinks, on radiators, or in other highly restrictive scenarios.

Designed with a variety of performance-increasing and noise-reducing features, these fans can move an amazing amount of air through restricted environments compared to other fans at the same, minimal noise level.

The HP-14 comes with two sets of solid vibration-dampening rubber corners: one for standard 140mm fan hole spacing (125mm) and one compatible with the standard 120mm hole spacing (105mm). The Venturi High Pressure Series PWM fans are ideal for those looking for a perfect balance between high performance and low noise built from sturdy, high quality materials.

Venturi High Pressure PWM Key Features
  • Featuring true FDB-bearings, providing silent operation coupled with a long lifespan
  • Equipped with a counter-pull magnet, that reduces the axial tension on the bearing
  • Optimized fan geometry as a high pressure fan, delivering high performance results in high restriction usage scenarios, such as in use with large heatsinks or water cooling radiators.
  • Dense, sturdy construction, made from high-grade glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic polymer
  • Featuring PWM control with a very wide speed range, starting at only 400RPM (400 +/- 100 RPM), ideal for CPU heatsinks or radiators, where the motherboard can control the fan speed based on the CPU temperature.
  • Aerodynamically shaped thin stator struts (including wire strut), mimicking the design commonly found on airplane wings, delivering correct angles allowing for air to easily pass through reducing noise and unwanted turbulence.
  • Stator struts are angled perpendicular to the blades, helping to reduce noise commonly emitted when the blades pass the struts. In effect, minimal noise that may be emitted will be constant and therefore almost inaudible to the ear.
  • Strategically placed notches near the fan hub on the trailing edge of the blades, further reducing and diffusing humming noise produced when the blades pass the stator struts
  • Includes a "trip wire" on the rear side of the blades, near the leading edge. The trip wire technology, also commonly found in airplane wing designs, introduces a micro-turbulent layer that helps to combat the elements that negatively affect performance. The presence of the trip wire overall provides a more efficient and quiet fan environment.
  • Delivers high precision due to high grade materials used, permitting the distance between the blades and frame to be as small as 1.2mm, contributing to a higher performance fan
  • Featuring a powerful motor to maintain a reliable speed
  • Comes with a 1->2 PWM signal splitter wire, for connecting additional fans to a single PWM header on your motherboard or PWM fan controller
  • Including vibration-dampening corners, from solid high-quality synthetic rubber on the fans
  • 140mm fans come with an additional set of vibration-dampening corners are included that lends compatibility with 120mm fan mounts (105mm screw spacing). This enables the use of 140mm fans on many CPU coolers.
  • Screws pass through the rubber only, not through plastic, therefore eliminating the chance of noise derived from rattling when in use
  • Available in 120mm and 140mm fan sizes

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

They look quite decent. I wonder why no one makes double the thickness fans with really big blades. So they could rotate at very low speeds and still produce tons of airflow. I know I could find use for them...

They look quite decent. I wonder why no one makes double the thickness fans with really big blades. So they could rotate at very low speeds and still produce tons of airflow. I know I could find use for them...
there some manufacturers who do offer double thickness fans. check performance-pcs or frozencpu . I think those fans are often used for industrial applications though some pc users do like to use them for pc cooling.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
That would be the Frozen CPU that recently closed!

System Name Diablo | Baal | Mephisto | Andariel
Processor i5-3570K@4.4GHz | 2x Xeon X5675 | i7-4710MQ | i7-2640M
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 | HP DL380 G6 | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Cooling Swiftech H220-X | Chassis cooled (6 fans + HS) | dual-fanned heatpipes | small-fanned heatpipe
Memory 32GiB DDR3-1600 CL9 | 96GiB DDR3-1333 ECC RDIMM | 32GiB DDR3L-1866 CL11 | 8GiB DDR3L-1600 CL11
Video Card(s) Dual GTX 670 in SLI | Embedded ATi ES1000 | Quadro K2100M | Intel HD 3000
Storage many, many SSDs and HDDs....
Display(s) 1 Dell U3011 + 2x Dell U2410 | HP iLO2 KVMoIP | 3200x1800 Sharp IGZO | 1366x768 IPS with Wacom pen
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D | HP DL380 G6 Chassis | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD | None | On-board | On-board
Power Supply Corsair AX850 | Dual 750W Redundant PSU (Delta) | Dell 330W+240W (Flextronics) | Lenovo 65W (Delta)
Mouse Logitech G502, Logitech G700s, Logitech G500, Dell optical mouse (emergency backup)
Keyboard 1985 IBM Model F 122-key, Ducky YOTT MX Black, Dell AT101W, 1994 IBM Model M, various integrated
Software FAAAR too much to list

Look for 38mm thick fans, and make sure you get PWM-enabled ones. True high-end manufacturers like Delta, San Ace and the like make em, and you can find 700-3500rpm fans easily enough if you know where to look.

Or go all out and get something like a San Ace 9LG1212P1G001 - 6550rpm, 7m³/min (420m³/hr, 247.1CFM), 37.6mmH2O, aluminium framed. The downside? $60 each, 40W power consumption, and 62dBA noise at peak. Luckily, it can be toned down to 2000rpm (2.9W, 36dBA), or even completely turned off (0% PWM duty cycle = full off). They'll also happily run down to 8V instead of the 12V they're rated at, or up to 13.8V if you feel you need em spinning faster...

There's even more powerful versions out there, like the 9SX series (7.3m³/min, 49.0mmH2O), but they have lower lifetime ratings.

Look for 38mm thick fans, and make sure you get PWM-enabled ones. True high-end manufacturers like Delta, San Ace and the like make em, and you can find 700-3500rpm fans easily enough if you know where to look.

Or go all out and get something like a San Ace 9LG1212P1G001 - 6550rpm, 7m³/min (420m³/hr, 247.1CFM), 37.6mmH2O, aluminium framed. The downside? $60 each, 40W power consumption, and 62dBA noise at peak. Luckily, it can be toned down to 2000rpm (2.9W, 36dBA), or even completely turned off (0% PWM duty cycle = full off). They'll also happily run down to 8V instead of the 12V they're rated at, or up to 13.8V if you feel you need em spinning faster...

There's even more powerful versions out there, like the 9SX series (7.3m³/min, 49.0mmH2O), but they have lower lifetime ratings.

The ideal situation is buying a fan that delivers the airflow/pressure necessary without excessive fan speed or noise. The two fan designs that are being offered above address the two common situations where you need either high flow or high pressure - without excessive noise. There are certainly fans available that offer both high flow and relatively high pressure but they are not usually required for PC apps. While some folks are happy with a tornado for a fan most PC users prefer quiet cooling when possible.

Applications that unfortunately require high fan pressure are many radiators used for liquid cooling. Having to purchase another fan than the one included with a CLC/AIO just increases the cost unnecessarily, but it's often required to have reasonable noise levels. That's one more reason not to buy a CLC/AIO when a quality tower HSF will provide all the cooling required.

BTW, be advised that fan pressure/airflow rating procedures are not standardized so the data can not often be used to compare fans. In addition without knowing what pressure restriction exists in your application, even having a pressure/airflow curve for a fan offers little information as to what will be ideal for your application.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
For me there is a problem finding proper pull fans, they tend to be loud and interfere with air sucking whirlpool in the fins, most of them are not designed for such task...

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
i prefer wide blades, it looks pretty promising

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

Try a Pana 38mm fan high powered and thicker, how ever main issue is that you need a fan controller with high powered one and a good one to deal with the amps.

Or even http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=fan-_-35-226-013-_-Product

I like the pana fans but if you have a accident with one you will surely know about it when at high speed, mine ripped 3 blades off before it stopped turning and was just happy it was not my finger.

although by looking again the pana fan i had had smaller fins but a much stronger motor. Had it in the rear of the case for those hot summer days.
http://www.techpowerup.org/uploaded.php?file=150301/IGP5789.jpg

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I like the bearing shown like that with partial sticker. Guess these cant be re-greased.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I like the bearing shown like that with partial sticker. Guess these cant be re-greased.

Looks to me like there is just a clip on it which would mean it would be possible. Just gotta make sure it don't fly across the room :p.