• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Announces 2 TB (1920 GB) Variant of its Intrepid 3000 Enterprise SSD

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
OCZ Storage Solutions -- a Toshiba Group Company and leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced a new series of SATA III SSDs to add to its Intrepid 3000 enterprise portfolio. The new Intrepid 3700 SSD Series delivers superior performance and I/O latency responses that dramatically improve application performance and I/O efficiencies, and supports higher storage densities up to 2TB representing OCZ's largest capacity enterprise SATA SSDs to date.

"Datacenter customers have asked for larger solid state drives that do not make any sacrifices in performance or endurance to address the need to manage the ever growing amounts of data being generated by today's computing environments," said Daryl Lang, CTO at OCZ Storage Solutions. "Our new Intrepid 3700 Series is designed to meet these market requirements for an easy to deploy solid state solution that delivers the very best balance of features, endurance, and capacity."

The Intrepid 3700 Series is available in four models supporting 240GB, 480GB, 960GB and 1,920GB usable storage capacities and utilizes the latest Toshiba A19 nm NAND flash. Each model is driven by OCZ's Everest 2 controller platform which includes an optimized firmware architecture and advanced flash management that efficiently manages all housekeeping routines (such as garbage collection and wear-leveling) which enables the Intrepid 3700 Series SSDs to maintain performance over the long term.

In a steady state condition the Intrepid 3700 series delivers excellent performance for both large block sequential operations, as well as small block random operations. This includes up to 540 MB/s for sequential reads (128KB blocks), 470 MB/s for sequential writes (128KB blocks), 91,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS) for random reads (4KB blocks) and 13,000 IOPS for random writes (4KB blocks).

To round out its enterprise-class feature-set, the new Intrepid 3700 Series includes an advanced suite of endurance and reliability tools designed to extend NAND flash memory life and deliver those capabilities required by today's datacenter managers. This includes:
  • Error correction coding (ECC) that effectively corrects errors while significantly reducing the uncorrectable bit error rate (UBER);
  • End-to-end data path protection that performs data integrity checks at every juncture where data is transmitted, received, processed and stored;
  • Power Loss Protection (PLP) that prevents data loss in the event of a power failure guaranteeing that the in-progress write operations complete and data is properly stored;
  • Internal SSD RAID that duplicates all data stored so if there are flash errors a back-up exists providing additional data safeguards.
The Intrepid 3700 Series supports the industry standard 2.5-inch form factor, utilizes premium NAND flash, and guarantees up to one complete DWPD for 5 years. It is ideally suited for such read-intensive applications as online archiving, media streaming, video on demand (VOD), virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and web browsing applications, to name a few.

All Intrepid 3700 Series models will be available through OCZ's global channel of authorized enterprise solution resellers.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Bring us consumer 2TB SSD's! I really want to replace my 2TB HDD with an SSD. I don't want just a boot drive with HDD next to it. I want to remove ALL spinning drives from my system.

System Name gamingPZ
Processor i7-6700k
Motherboard Asrock Z170M Pro4S
Cooling scythe mugen4
Memory 32GB ddr4 2400mhz crucial ballistix sport lt
Video Card(s) gigabyte GTX 1070 ti
Storage ssd - crucial MX500 1TB
Case silverstone sugo sg10
Power Supply Evga G2 650w
Software win10
Bring us consumer 2TB SSD's! I really want to replace my 2TB HDD with an SSD. I don't want just a boot drive with HDD next to it. I want to remove ALL spinning drives from my system.

buy several 500GB or 1TB drives (that are dirt cheap right now) and partition them as you want

Don't want to have tons of different drives, because I only have a room for 1 drive in my case before I start obstructing the airflow.

System Name gamingPZ
Processor i7-6700k
Motherboard Asrock Z170M Pro4S
Cooling scythe mugen4
Memory 32GB ddr4 2400mhz crucial ballistix sport lt
Video Card(s) gigabyte GTX 1070 ti
Storage ssd - crucial MX500 1TB
Case silverstone sugo sg10
Power Supply Evga G2 650w
Software win10
Don't want to have tons of different drives, because I only have a room for 1 drive in my case before I start obstructing the airflow.
ahh - ok... did not think about that... I also will go small in my next rig - mATX or even mITX, but I will include space for a cheap 3,5" 6-8TB - for my movies (yea - lets call those a "movies" :D) and if HDDs are only for storage - then those are turned off by default - no vibration, nosie or heat from them

Processor Core i5-3350P @3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 (uATX)
Cooling Stock Intel
Memory 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) |Ξ \/ G /\ GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB w/Backplate, Part Number: 04G-P4-3673-KR, ASIC 68.5%
Storage some cheap seagates and one wd green
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case some cheap old eurocase, black, with integrated cheap lit lcd for basic monitoring
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Enermax Triathlor 550W ETA550AWT bronze, non-modular, airflow audible over 300W power draw
Mouse PMSG1G
Keyboard oldschool membrane Keytronic 104 Key PS/2 (big enter, right part of right shift broken into "\" key)

i support this idea.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Keep one hdd for temp storage to keep write cycles down.