• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XOTIC PC Ships Gaming Desktop and Laptops With New 6th Generation Intel CPUs

XOTIC PC, a multi-award-winning Windows PC-based desktop systems integrator and reseller of highly customized gaming laptops since 1999, has announced today that the 6th Gen Intel Core Processors (formerly codenamed Skylake-S) will be available as a standard configuration and optional upgrade across the majority of XOTIC PC's line of award-winning gaming laptops and desktops.

The 6th Gen Intel Core Processors deliver an unprecedented level of raw performance and power efficiency to XOTIC PC's line of already-formidable gaming systems. Out of the box, Intel Turbo Boost Technology allows for more stable overclocking to meet the flexible needs of the most demanding multi-media processes and popular games. The 6th Gen Intel Core Processors also feature a higher degree of integration and compatibility with the new Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, which XOTIC PC began shipping late July.

The 6th Gen Intel Core i7-6700K and i5-6600K Processors are available today as a custom upgrade option on some of XOTIC PC's most popular and powerful gaming desktops: the Scourge, Recon, Havoc, and the "Hot Hardware Recommended" Executioner. 6th Gen Intel Core Processors will shortly be available for the entire line of compatible desktop systems and laptops, including all XOTIC PC Small Form Factor, Elite, and Xtreme product lines.

"A brand new era in computer gaming is upon us with Intel's latest processors. I can't wait to hear what amazing things our customers are able to achieve with this new envelope-pushing hardware," said Justin Nolte, CEO of XOTIC PC. "Our customers expect us to supply them with the latest technology to give them an edge, be that in playing their favorite games for fun or competing at the pro level. We're thrilled to oblige them once again, taking our line of already outrageously powerful XOTIC PC gaming rigs to the next level with Intel's sixth generation CPUs."

To get a first-hand look at XOTIC PC's latest gaming systems and to enjoy great hardware delivering top-notch gaming experiences, be sure to stop by the Intel area, 3D Realms' booth and the Versus Evil booth at this year's PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington.

For a limited-time, XOTIC PC is offering free shipping (applies to systems $3,000+), a 2% cash discount, free overclocking, and an entertainment bundle that includes a free gaming headset or gaming mouse, SMITE, MAGIX Fastcut, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with the purchase of a qualifying XOTIC PC system. To learn more, please visit www.xoticpc.com/skylake

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Baconator
Processor Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.00GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-790FX
Cooling Zalman 9900 CPU Cooler
Memory 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) ATi Radeon HD 5870
Storage OS: WD 300Gb @ 10,000rpm. Storage: 2 x 1Tb @ 7,200rpm
Display(s) ASUS 27" LED 1080p Monitor
Case Cooler Master Sniper Medium Tower
Audio Device(s) MoBo Integrated
Power Supply Corsair PSU 750W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
But I thought Skylake wasn't available for laptops yet... what?

But I thought Skylake wasn't available for laptops yet... what?
Those are desktop replacement laptops, using desktop CPU's to do their work. I still wonder when we'll see true (H,U, etc. versions) laptop Skylake chips...

System Name The Baconator
Processor Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.00GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-790FX
Cooling Zalman 9900 CPU Cooler
Memory 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) ATi Radeon HD 5870
Storage OS: WD 300Gb @ 10,000rpm. Storage: 2 x 1Tb @ 7,200rpm
Display(s) ASUS 27" LED 1080p Monitor
Case Cooler Master Sniper Medium Tower
Audio Device(s) MoBo Integrated
Power Supply Corsair PSU 750W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Those are desktop replacement laptops, using desktop CPU's to do their work. I still wonder when we'll see true (H,U, etc. versions) laptop Skylake chips...
Oh right, I forgot people still do those, which usually turn out to be bulk power hungry egg-frying "laptops".