• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noctua Introduces 24V IndustrialPPC Fans

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Noctua today presented 24V variants of its renowned industrialPPC fans. Conceived for industrial heavy-duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, Noctua's industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) line comprises ruggedised high-speed versions of the company's award-winning retail fans. The new 24V models use a dedicated wide input range version of Noctua's NE-FD2 three-phase motor driver IC in order to support 24V-based industrial applications and to provide moderate speeds and lower noise levels in standard 12V PC environments.

"The launch of our industrialPPC line has allowed us to expand our base of industrial clients as we're now able to provide solutions for highly challenging environments and to meet much higher demands as far as airflow and pressure performance are concerned", says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "Since many of our industrial clients work with 24V, we're now offering extra versions for 24V applications."

The new NF-F12 (120mm) and NF-A14 (140mm) industrialPPC-24V models use a dedicated wide input range version of Noctua's NE-FD2 three-phase motor driver IC. Supporting operating voltages from 6 to 30V, these models are ideal for 24V-based industrial applications and voltage-based speed control. All new models feature IP67 water and dust protection and PWM.

"As our industrialPPC models have become quite popular among PC enthusiasts, we think that the new 24V variants can also be interesting for PC users due to their wide input range", explains Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). "When you run them at 12V, you will get much lower speeds and noise levels, so they combine the advanced features of the industrialPPC line with the renowned quietness of our standard line-up."

While the industrialPPC 24V models have been designed with 24V industrial applications in mind, they run at maximum speeds of around 1100rpm (2000rpm models) to 1700rpm (3000rpm models) in 12V PC environments. At the same time, they can be slowed down further via PWM, thus combining the advanced features of the industrialPPC line with Noctua's signature quietness.

Price and availability
All new models are currently shipping and will be available shortly. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is EUR 29.90/USD 34.90.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
Is Noctua fans good for industrial uses as compared to dual ball bearing fans of long time brands like San ace or delta? Noctua fans do deserve their reputation their reputation for silence. I like this dual application for this Industial ppc fans that can run both 24 volt or 12 volt.

Processor Phenom II X4 965 BE @4 GHz | NB @2600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 2x 8GB PC12800 @1600 MHz CL7 1T
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD 7950
Storage 2 x 500 GB -- HD502HJ & WD5000AACS-00ZUB0
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite E2202WS_WVS
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2 w/ Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic X-750
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Logitech G15 (blue backlight)
Software Windows 7 - SP1 x64
Wouldn't there be a way to feed such fans 24 V with our consumer PCs though?

I'm disappointed with Noctua. The fans I've tested several years back, FDB models had really annoying cycling resonating sound that drove me insane. Luckily it was not for my system. Not long ago I've bought a 40mm Noctua for my Sabertooth X99 VRM cooling and the thing was horrendous as well. See review on my blog. It was noisy, riddled with buzzing and grinding noises and non-standard dimensions. It has a quality finish but god it sucked as a fan. And not in a good way.

Noiseblocker all the way. Their fans never disappointed me and I had nearly all versions and sizes except th . I now also have some extra respect for BeQuiet fans when I've experienced it in my new PSU.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Wouldn't there be a way to feed such fans 24 V with our consumer PCs though?
No problem. Just sort out a 24V-12V controller. I've used the Koolance brand for years ( My Laing D5T Strong's are 24V. Incidentally, 18V for a D5T offers the best head pressure vs heat output option).

Last edited:

JeHEeeVo

I'm disappointed with Noctua. The fans I've tested several years back, FDB models had really annoying cycling resonating sound that drove me insane. Luckily it was not for my system. Not long ago I've bought a 40mm Noctua for my Sabertooth X99 VRM cooling and the thing was horrendous as well. See review on my blog. It was noisy, riddled with buzzing and grinding noises and non-standard dimensions. It has a quality finish but god it sucked as a fan. And not in a good way.

Noiseblocker all the way. Their fans never disappointed me and I had nearly all versions and sizes except th . I now also have some extra respect for BeQuiet fans when I've experienced it in my new PSU.

Well boo-hoo, just because you cant use something (=noob) doesn't mean it sucks.