• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ViewSonic Launches New Series of High Performance Gaming Monitors

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of visual solution products, announces a new series of professional-level gaming monitors at CES 2016 in Las Vegas. ViewSonic's XG Series of high-performance gaming monitors feature critical color depth with a range of Full HD to 4K UHD resolution, NVIDIA's G-Sync or AMD's FreeSync variable refresh rate technology, ultra-fast response times, super low input lag, and more, to drive dedicated enthusiasts, diehards, and professional gamers to more victories.

From first-person shooters and real-time strategy to multi-player or action-adventure gaming, ViewSonic's XG Series of gaming monitors is packed with all the professional-level features needed for that competitive edge that leads to more victories. The XG Series is specially engineered to meet the demanding needs of gamers and is loaded with the premium features needed to dominate and defeat any and all opponents.

"With up to 4K UHD resolution and 1ms response time, ViewSonic's XG Series delivers some of the fastest response times and best color depth seen in monitors designed for gaming," said Al Giazzon, vice president of marketing at ViewSonic Americas. "We're known as an industry leader for providing some of the highest quality and feature-rich professional monitors, it is simply a natural extension that ViewSonic would provide the best professional-level monitors for gamers."

XG2703-GS
ViewSonic's XG2703-GS puts players right in the middle of the action with Quad HD 2560 x 1440 resolution and 165Hz SuperClear IPS-type panel technology. This 27-inch flagship monitor provides exceptional color and critical detail with ultra-wide viewing angles. For seamless gaming performance, the monitor is built with NVIDIA G-Sync technology that eliminates screen-tearing and stuttering for the smoothest gameplay.

XG2401
The XG2401 is a 24-inch Full HD monitor packed with features like a 144Hz refresh rate, and AMD's FreeSync variable refresh rate technology that eliminate screen tearing and stuttering for fluid gameplay during fast-paced action scenes. A blazing-fast 1ms response time and low input lag provides smooth screen performance - even in the most graphic-intense sequences. For optimum speed and performance, SmartSync technology automatically selects the best refresh rate, response time, and lowest input lag needed in FPS games. A black stabilization function helps players spot enemies lurking in the dark, while maintaining brilliant rich colors and contrast.

XG2701
The 27-inch XG2701 Full HD monitor features an incredible 144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology to help blow away the competition in fast action gaming. The monitor's variable refresh rate capabilities eliminates screen tearing while a super-fast 1ms response time and low input lag provides smooth screen performance. SmartSync technology automatically selects the best refresh rate and response time, and also delivers ultra-low input lag needed in first person shooting games. The XG2701 comes with Game Mode features and a black stabilization function that helps with dark-on-dark images.

XG2700-4K
The ViewSonic XG2700-4K Ultra HD LED gaming monitor delivers stunning visual definition and color for highly immersive gameplay. The 27-inch monitor delivers 4K UHD (3840x2160) resolution and SuperClear IPS panel technology with over 8 million pixels of sharp and refined color so players have an unmatched level of detail. In combination with AMD's FreeSync Technology, the VX2700-4K delivers a consistent tear-free picture-perfect front of screen experience, while the fast 5ms response time and low input lag provide smooth performance. The Game Mode feature optimizes AAA visuals, while a black stabilization function helps target enemies hiding in the dark. This monitor includes future-proof connectivity including DisplayPort 1.2a and HDMI 2.0 so it can reach the maximum potential of any extreme graphics card and support 4K UHD resolution at 60Hz.

From gamer-inspired ergonomic design features like an integrated headphone hook and cable management, to Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for eye comfort, everything about ViewSonic's XG Series has been considered with the gamer in mind to help.

VX SERIES OF ULTRA-FAST GAMING & ENTERTAINMENT MONITORS
ViewSonic continues its award-winning VX Series legacy by announcing four new VX gaming and entertainment-specific monitors at CES 2016.

The new 22-inch VX2257-mhd, 24-inch VX2457-mhd, and 27-inch VX2757-mhd Full HD monitors deliver ultra-fast 2ms response times and a low input lag mode for smooth screen performance that is free from blurring or ghosting. Equipped with VESA Adaptive-Sync technology and AMD FreeSync technology, the variable refresh rate capabilities of these monitors virtually eliminate screen tearing and stuttering for fluid game play during fast-paced action scenes.

The 1080p Full HD 27-inch VX2776-Smhd monitor is engineered with SuperClear IPS panel technology, a sleek and contemporary borderless design, 178/178 degree wide viewing angle, and extensive connectivity including VGA, HDMI, and DP built-in stereo speaker making this the ideal multimedia display to view entertainment like action packed movies, sports and more.

Pricing and Availability:
  • The XG2401 will be available for a MSRP of $404.00 (USD) and starts shipping late January
  • The XG2701 will be available for a MSRP of $529.00 (USD) and starts shipping late January
  • The XG2700-4K will be available for a MSRP of $913.00 (USD) and starts shipping late January
  • The XG2703-GS will be available for a MSRP of $1,217.00 (USD) and starts shipping March
  • The VX2257-mhd will be available for a MSRP of $201.00 (USD) and is available now
  • The VX2457-mhd will be available for a MSRP of $228.00 (USD) and starts shipping February
  • The VX2757-mhd will be available for a MSRP of $323.00 (USD) and is available now
  • The VX2776-smhd will be available for a MSRP of $317.00 (USD) and starts shipping April

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Wow, that's a lot of monitors! Well they all look pretty good to me, would love to try a 165hz monitor personally.

someone.
just.
produce.
the.
1080p.
22-24".
120Hz+.
IPS
Gsync/FreeSync.
display.
please.
PLEASE.
ANYONE.

Why do they still announce and produce fast 1080p TN displays (and now even 27" 1080p IPS displays) and refuse to make smaller IPS ones saying "everyone is on to 1440p or higher now, noone needs the 1080p these days"?
I simply don't get it.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
someone.
just.
produce.
the.
1080p.
22-24".
120Hz+.
IPS
Gsync/FreeSync.
display.
please.
PLEASE.
ANYONE.

Why do they still announce and produce fast 1080p TN displays (and now even 27" 1080p IPS displays) and refuse to make smaller IPS ones saying "everyone is on to 1440p or higher now, noone needs the 1080p these days"?
I simply don't get it.

Even at 27" and such, 1080p tech seems to have been on a downhill slide in development since about 2013.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Wish Nec would jump on, or samsung for that matter...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
someone.
just.
produce.
the.
1080p.
22-24".
120Hz+.
IPS
Gsync/FreeSync.
display.
please.
PLEASE.
ANYONE.

I simply don't get it.

Simply buy my monitor, Eizo FG2421 and never look back. VA at its finest, 120hz with 240hz strobing backlight optional, great color and unsurpassed static contrast among ALL monitors TN/IPS/VA on the market.

Still enjoying it, the motion resolution and black levels are the best thing you can have for a gaming monitor really. There are more VA panels these days, and they are a lot faster than the old iterations of VA. I've got about 6-8ms response on mine which is lower than most IPS and close enough to fast TN's, I doubt its even noticeable compared to 1ms TN. It also handles frame delivery variance very well, I run 120hz no Vsync and I have to crawl inside the monitor to notice any tearing when the FPS is all over the place. With that, I am convinced Gsync is just not required on any decent high refresh monitor and I would highly recommend you forget about it altogether, since it is also a vendor lock in.

Even at 27" and such, 1080p tech seems to have been on a downhill slide in development since about 2013.

Yeah ur right, I honestly don't get how this ever happened to get this way. I mean back in the day people paid a premium for Plasma's, they paid for flat screen CRT, they paid for having multiple TV's all over the house, and today people would not be willing to pay for a decent monitor without washed out colors and shitty motion resolution, because in that respect CRT>LCD was a HUGE step back in quality. Meanwhile, Apple was making a blast with its Retina panels with high color accuracy and PPI... nobody figured that may be a market for half a decade?! It is tunnel vision at its finest, 'it must be cheap' has been part of the cause of decline in the PC marketplace in my opinion, and Apple was the only one who acted against that unwritten principle, and is now leading in many ways. I absolutely hate the company, but they know what they need to bring to market.

I think companies are just now waking up to the reality that outside of TV, people really do fancy a good monitor and the gamers are the consumer group pulling those strings.

Last edited:
System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
someone.
just.
produce.
the.
1080p.
22-24".
120Hz+.
IPS
Gsync/FreeSync.
display.
please.
PLEASE.
ANYONE.

I simply don't get it.

Exactly what I've been saying. I want 1080 Freesync/Gsync and I want it under $200. Course I'd rather have a monitor that does both so I don't have to be loyal to one GPU maker. This sync monitor crap is so stupid.

Simply buy my monitor, Eizo FG2421 and never look back. VA at its finest, 120hz with 240hz strobing backlight optional, great color and unsurpassed static contrast among ALL monitors TN/IPS/VA on the market.

Still enjoying it, the motion resolution and black levels are the best thing you can have for a gaming monitor really. There are more VA panels these days, and they are a lot faster than the old iterations of VA. I've got about 6-8ms response on mine which is lower than most IPS and close enough to fast TN's, I doubt its even noticeable compared to 1ms TN. It also handles frame delivery variance very well, I run 120hz no Vsync and I have to crawl inside the monitor to notice any tearing when the FPS is all over the place. With that, I am convinced Gsync is just not required on any decent high refresh monitor and I would highly recommend you forget about it altogether, since it is also a vendor lock in.
I tested one for about a week. Decent gaming display, but with two pretty noticeable drawbacks:
1. Doesn't have Gsync/FreeSync support, which is really crucial if you ask me for a gaming rig. And I can't agree with you on that "I cant even see the tearing on my Foris" thing, because it bothered me pretty badly during testing.
2. Color reproduction is inpredictable, I couldn't calibrate the one I tested to really accurate result. Sure most of gamers wouldn't bother, but anyways.

Last edited:
Exactly what I've been saying. I want 1080 Freesync/Gsync and I want it under $200. Course I'd rather have a monitor that does both so I don't have to be loyal to one GPU maker. This sync monitor crap is so stupid.
Gsync display is impossible to get for 200$ anyways, Gsync controller itself costs ~100$ :)
But anywhere from 400 to 500 dollars for fast 120Hz+ IPS display would be great, since 1440p IPS gaming displays from Acer and ASUS cost like eight hundred, not to mention the need of twice more powerful gpu to handle such a resolution.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
Gsync display is impossible to get for 200$ anyways, Gsync controller itself costs ~100$ :)
But anywhere from 400 to 500 dollars for fast 120Hz+ IPS display would be great, since 1440p IPS gaming displays from Acer and ASUS cost like eight hundred, not to mention the need of twice more powerful gpu to handle such a resolution.

High end PC gaming dosnt come cheap.. it bottoms down to if you want the best you have to pay for it.. if you cant afford it you have to live with what you can afford.. pretty much how life in general is..

if what was the best now becomes cheaper something else would come along that was the best and equally unaffordable.. complaining that the best costs to much is pointless.. its all governed by how unaffordable it is.. :)

a fast cheaper TN panel is perfectly good for gaming.. IPS isnt needed.. my 144 hrz 24" acer predictor gamed very nicely and didnt cost fortune.. i never saw any signs of tearing.. i just bought an asus rog ips panel for the best of both worlds.. gaming and photo editing.. the monitor is how its all interfaced with.. its also something most folks dont want to spend much on.. odd really cos without a decent monitor all the rest is pretty much wasted..

trog

zSc

Not to mention that both the ASUS' and Acer's monitors of this type use the same panel which has had huge QA problems with specks of dust between the panel and protecting glass, any number of dead pixels, dead diagonal and horizontal areas etc. And to top that, manufacturer specific attributes such as insane light bleed (not the regular IPS type) and questionable power light amplitude causing light bleed.

That's a mighty deal for a 800 $ piece of equipment which caused me to settle for the FreeSync enabled 144 hz 1080p TN monitor XF240H from Acer for the time being.

High end PC gaming dosnt come cheap.. it bottoms down to if you want the best you have to pay for it..
Yeah except the fact that those who don't want the best but just want what's enough for them, have no choice at all. They have to choose between "the best" and "the mediocre" with no "just good" option.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
Of the bunch, the XG2703-GS seems to be the most interesting one, but then again it's nVidia only... and the price frankly murders it.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I tested one for about a week. Decent gaming display, but with two pretty noticeable drawbacks:
1. Doesn't have Gsync/FreeSync support, which is really crucial if you ask me for a gaming rig. And I can't agree with you on that "I cant even see the tearing on my Foris" thing, because it bothered me pretty badly during testing.
2. Color reproduction is inpredictable, I couldn't calibrate the one I tested to really accurate result. Sure most of gamers wouldn't bother, but anyways.

Correct on both counts, although I'll be looking into adaptive sync as soon as we get a solution that is supported by all GPU's, again I say I am NOT paying a premium to lock myself to a vendor, especially not when you never know what their future may look like. This is the case with both AMD and Nvidia at this time, the market is really changing and locking yourself into a pretty expensive monitor/gpu brand just doesn't seem smart atm. AMD may very well succumb to money problems and Nvidia is making some very questionable moves with regards to their upcoming forced GFE and driver experience.

On 2. I can only point you towards TFTCentral who have managed to get the FG2421 pretty accurate after calibration, and on a personal note I can only agree with you, but then again you don't buy this panel for professional work, at least I know I wouldn't. With just basic calibration I've gotten a pretty accurate picture with very neutral whites and extremely deep blacks and great contrast, all I look for in such a panel really.

Personally the most notable drawback of the panel I feel is a slight wash out (you really have to look for it, and it only shows in darker grey/brownish hue's) when I look towards the edges. But I will take that above IPS glow any day of the week, I tested a Dell U2515H before I got the Eizo and the IPS glow really was a dealbreaker, I honestly can't understand how anyone could stand gaming on that POS in anything but bright daylight.

Correct on both counts, although I'll be looking into adaptive sync as soon as we get a solution that is supported by all GPU's, again I say I am NOT paying a premium to lock myself to a vendor, especially not when you never know what their future may look like. This is the case with both AMD and Nvidia at this time, the market is really changing and locking yourself into a pretty expensive monitor/gpu brand just doesn't seem smart atm. AMD may very well succumb to money problems and Nvidia is making some very questionable moves with regards to their upcoming forced GFE and driver experience.

On 2. I can only point you towards TFTCentral who have managed to get the FG2421 pretty accurate after calibration, and on a personal note I can only agree with you, but then again you don't buy this panel for professional work, at least I know I wouldn't. With just basic calibration I've gotten a pretty accurate picture with very neutral whites and extremely deep blacks and great contrast, all I look for in such a panel really.

Personally the most notable drawback of the panel I feel is a slight wash out (you really have to look for it, and it only shows in darker grey/brownish hue's) when I look towards the edges. But I will take that above IPS glow any day of the week, I tested a Dell U2515H before I got the Eizo and the IPS glow really was a dealbreaker, I honestly can't understand how anyone could stand gaming on that POS in anything but bright daylight.
I do agree with what you saying, but I guess its just my not very good English that caused misunderstanding.
I know that FG2421 can theoretically be calibrated to the level any consumer not working with graphics would be satisfied with. But when I said "inconsistancy", I meant than not EVERY FG2421 can do so. Out of 3 or 4 reviews that I could find, only two of the reviewers were able to calibrate it properly, while the others couldn't. Me myself couldn't do it either, and I probably could if I got another FG2421 unit. I hope you get what I mean.

As for adaptive sync technology, most of people I know prefer specific GPU vendor for years, and would be pretty happy to get the sync tech their favorite vendor offers with that approach. For me, I know that most likely I'll get nVidia GPU next, when my GeForce 760 will become outdated, the way I did several times before updating my GeForce3>GeForce6600>GeForce8800GT>GeForce275>GeForce570>GeForce760, so I'd be pretty safe purchasing a gsync monitor :)
After all, most of the times you get exactly what you pay for these days if we talk about GPUs, so it's just the matter of preference.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I do agree with what you saying, but I guess its just my not very good English that caused misunderstanding.
I know that FG2421 can theoretically be calibrated to the level any consumer not working with graphics would be satisfied with. But when I said "inconsistancy", I meant than not EVERY FG2421 can do so. Out of 3 or 4 reviews that I could find, only two of the reviewers were able to calibrate it properly, while the others couldn't. Me myself couldn't do it either, and I probably could if I got another FG2421 unit. I hope you get what I mean.

Ah I get it now, and I know panels can differ ever so slightly, but such inconsistency really is new to me, thanks for that info!

Of the bunch, the XG2703-GS seems to be the most interesting one, but then again it's nVidia only... and the price frankly murders it.

I would say the VXs are the most interesting. At $200-$330 it opens up Adaptive-Sync FreeSync for the masses. People who spend $150-$300 on GPUs will find these with-in their budgets when getting a new monitor. They wont get scared off by the high entry price of having a Adaptive Frame Rate solution anymore.

That music makes me want to put a quarter on the screen and say "I got Next".

Last edited:
Reactions: nem