• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTA 5 has now sold over 60 million copies

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
"Take-Two Interactive has revealed the latest sales figures for Grand Theft Auto V, but still no hint as to Rockstar’s next game.
According to Rockstar owner Take-Two, Grand Theft Auto V has ‘sold-in’ 6 million copies since last July – bringing the worldwide total to over 60 million.
Sold-in basically means shipped to retailers, which isn’t the same as sold, so the actual total will be a little lower. Although these figures don’t seem to take into account digital sales, which are likely to have more than made up for the shortfall.
The update confirms Grand Theft Auto V as the third best-selling video game of all-time, behind Minecraft on around 72 million copies and Wii Sports on 82.72 million.
Most of Wii Sports’ sales were as part of a hardware bundle, where you had no choice of whether you wanted to buy the game or not, so arguably that doesn’t count.
Wikipedia counts Tetris as the top-selling game of all time with 425 million paid-for downloads – but that’s not exactly comparing like with like when it comes to the the £40+ price of Grand Theft Auto and most of the other contenders."

"The new figures were revealed as part of Take-Two’s Christmas financial results, which saw sales down 22 per cent and a net loss of $42.4 million. The obvious reason for this is that Take-Two hasn’t had much new out lately, and there hasn’t been a new Rockstar game since the PC version of GTA V early last year.
But while Take-Two often give a hint as to future games when announcing their results, they didn’t mention anything about Rockstar or what they might be up to at the moment. The closest they got was admitting that they (as in Take-Two in general) had a number of unannounced titles currently underway.
Instead, they focused on Gearbox’s Battleborn and Mafia III, narrowing the release date of the latter down to sometime before next April. In fact some US retailers have it down as an April 2016 release, although that’s never been confirmed."

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/04/gta-v-has-now-shipped-over-60-million-copies-5661994/

So, there's at least 60 million misogynists out there. Always be aware of your privilege and stop oppressing women you shitlords!

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Stop tempting me to buy it :laugh:
I must resist at least until the summer sale.

System Name Lenovo 17IMH05H
Processor Core i7 10750H
Video Card(s) GTX 1660 Ti
Audio Device(s) SSL2
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Benchmark Scores i've got a shitload of them in 15 years of TPU membership
I give a rat's ass about this game! I realize how addictive it can be, but i am not to fall to this trap. I know this game was made by one of the best companies in the business, so the game has to be really good, however, i don't feel like wasting my time all day driving without purpose in some L. A. district bashing other cars and beating up people...

Instead, i finished Max Payne 3, and i did not regret it. And if i want to play multiplayer games, i'd rather play a game in which i can compare my skill with another player either in strategy (Warcraft 3) or prowess (Quake 2), but not waste time just for the sake of wasting it.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
I give a rat's ass about this game! I realize how addictive it can be, but i am not to fall to this trap. I know this game was made by one of the best companies in the business, so the game has to be really good, however, i don't feel like wasting my time all day driving without purpose in some L. A. district bashing other cars and beating up people...

Instead, i finished Max Payne 3, and i did not regret it. And if i want to play multiplayer games, i'd rather play a game in which i can compare my skill with another player either in strategy (Warcraft 3) or prowess (Quake 2), but not waste time just for the sake of wasting it.
Your opinion seems to echo over here, I understand how you feel. But before I was playing some mindless games that take almost zero effort to play like Serious Sam, GTA:VC and so on, and people would bother me about it saying things like "What are you doing, this isn't a game, play Counter-Strike or something." I was annoyed slightly because they would bash something I actually liked for such a minuscule reason.

It's okay to play a game like GTA, if you don't like it don't buy it, it's as simple as that and if someone tells you you're a lesser person because you play something different, it would be good to hear them out but they shouldn't push it in your face.

It's hard enough for me that some of my Facebook friends think PC has lesser graphics than a PS4 or XBone. Reminding me of what kind of world we live in, my 3rd post today and I'm already depressed just thinking about it.

OT: Good on Rockstar, I think the majority of people are pretty happy with the game and it lives up to its franchise. The sales seem to speak for themselves, but I did prefer the setting of the 80's and 90's a lot more than the modern day, plus there's no date minigame like in GTA:SA, I liked playing around with that during endgame, that and the constant territory defense made for some memorable moments later on.

In GTAV everything felt empty after completing the single-player campaign. Like there was absolutely little to no content that I could exploit after finishing the game. They obviously focused on the online component of the game which was supposed to fill in the blanks, but they screwed those people that liked to play alone like me for example.

"Always online" and "Social experience" just rub me the wrong way. I didn't have internet connection when I was younger and almost never played online, plus people are ***holes on the internet, I would play some LAN matches or co-op, but that's about it.

Edit: Why am I making these walls of text, it's not like anyone reads that much nowadays anyway, I better come up with some way to have TL;DR sections, but those just don't do justice to posts that I make.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Missed the last couple sales on it, was playing Fallout 4 and bought other games. Will probably grab it next time.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
It's a great game , but I barely play it .

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I have it on my PS3 it's not a bad game.

Very good game i really hope they keep this GTA Online thing going rather than starting over when GTA6 releases. I've setup a Italian crime crew in the game with a group of friends and streamers. not sure where did i read this but i THINK (think!!!) they are going to do an add on city when 6 releases you just have to pay for it to get it unlocked.

System Name Lenovo 17IMH05H
Processor Core i7 10750H
Video Card(s) GTX 1660 Ti
Audio Device(s) SSL2
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Benchmark Scores i've got a shitload of them in 15 years of TPU membership

Yes, wipe your stupid Jackie Chan face boy, if you want to argument with me further, then have it: have you ever played System Shock, Planescape Torment, Bioshock, Silent Hill? GTA5 is overrated and is meant for the masses, it will never be in the same league with the greatest games of all times.

How many people know the movie "2012". Most of us have seen it. How many people know the movie "The Passenger"? Not many know of it. Which movie is better? No answers needed. GTA5 is like that 2012 movie - it has an awesome looking shell, but a poor core.

I am not saying that GTA5 is bad, it's a great game for what it presents, but the game's consumerism gives a false perception that it's some sort of premiere top game of world, when it's not - it's just the most popular, which means nothing.

Last edited:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Yes, wipe your stupid Jackie Chan face boy, if you want to argument with me further, then have it: have you ever played System Shock, Planescape Torment, Bioshock, Silent Hill? GTA5 is overrated and is meant for the masses, it will never be in the same league with the greatest games of all times.

How many people know the movie "2012". Most of us have seen it. How many people know the movie "The Passenger"? Not many know of it. Which movie is better? No answers needed. GTA5 is like that 2012 movie - it has an awesome looking shell, but a poor core.

I am not saying that GTA5 is bad, it's a great game for what it presents, but the game's consumerism gives a false perception that it's some sort of premiere top game of world, when it's not - it's just the most popular, which means nothing.

I have played them. You are talking about completely types of games and being ignorant about this entire thing.

Processor I5 4690K @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
Cooling Swiftech H140X
Memory 16GB Crucial BallistiX 1866Mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Storage 850 PRO 1TB SSD, 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Nixeus EDG 27-Inch IPS 1440P, 144HZ 16:9
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
600 hours + of gameplay, and I think I have a total of 17 minutes played online :)

The amount of mods and actual model cars you can replace into this game just makes it epic for me. I just had to do a fresh install but I probably had at least 80 cars replaced / added to the game.

I am not saying that GTA5 is bad, it's a great game for what it presents, but the game's consumerism gives a false perception that it's some sort of premiere top game of world.

Everybody gets enjoyment in their own way. Saying this game is shit is YOUR OWN opinion. Which you are free to have. To many times people forget that you experience things subjectively and everybody has their own way to enjoy themselves. If you hate something, there is surely somebody out there who thinks the exact opposite way as you do. Start realizing it.

System Name Tingle
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
Cooling Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16 GB DDR3-1600 CL8
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + WD Blue 1 TB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2515H + Eizo FlexScan S2231W
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum Series 660W v2
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow
Software Windows 10 Pro
@Jborg I never play online either, I like single player a lot more, it still has more than enough to keep me busy :)

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
How many people know the movie "2012"
A little off topic but you have given me something to watch tonight. I saw it before I just cant remember. Thanks

I think you forgot to take your meds today.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2

^^^THIS! The only thing that's got this game selling so well is the side show antics people indulge in. The core game isn't even as good as GTA IV regarding story, characters, missions, and especially 3rd person player movement and gunplay, and gameplay bugs.

This game plays like a gay soap opera with the bitch fighting between Michael and Trevor, and the geriatric movement and gunplay just exacerbates it.

Max Payne 3 is a WAY better game than this, easily. I worry it might just end up being the last good game that Rockstar made too.

Processor I5 4690K @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
Cooling Swiftech H140X
Memory 16GB Crucial BallistiX 1866Mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Storage 850 PRO 1TB SSD, 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Nixeus EDG 27-Inch IPS 1440P, 144HZ 16:9
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
^^^THIS! The only thing that's got this game selling so well is the side show antics people indulge in. The core game isn't even as good as GTA IV regarding story, characters, missions, and especially 3rd person player movement and gunplay, and gameplay bugs.

This game plays like a gay soap opera with the bitch fighting between Michael and Trevor, and the geriatric movement and gunplay just exacerbates it.

Max Payne 3 is a WAY better game than this, easily. I worry it might just end up being the last good game that Rockstar made too.

Clearly you never used mods in GTA. It makes the game like a Skyrim of sorts. Just adds all the shit the game should have had to begin with, and even more extra goodies on top.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Clearly you never used mods in GTA. It makes the game like a Skyrim of sorts. Just adds all the shit the game should have had to begin with, and even more extra goodies on top.

I see no point to this since the post I responded to was in reference to the game, not mods. It seems to me whether you praise mod support or not, if all you can say is a game needs tons of them, you aren't really saying much for what they actually developed are you?

I HAVE modded games before, and it's always the same scenario. It takes up a lot of time, it always ends with more bugs and optimization problems, and in the end, really is too much of a hassle.

GTA V seems to be primarily for people that like going crazy doing random stuff, and modding. That makes it more of an experiment for fans to play with, than a fleshed out quality game. You're really only validating what we're saying, that on it's own, its very lacking and overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
What happened to this thread.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

You forgot driving, GTA4 owns GTA5 without question even more so on todays systems.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
You forgot driving, GTA4 owns GTA5 without question even more so on todays systems.

Actually I don't agree with you on that, so no, I didn't forget it.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Actually I don't agree with you on that, so no, I didn't forget it.

Ok, the roads car handling damage models are hell load better than GTA5. Game plays like a console game now but i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Ok, the roads car handling damage models are hell load better than GTA5. Game plays like a console game now but i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Well I say the car handling in GTA V is better than it was in GTA IV.
I did not drive all cars in GTA V but at least this one handles great, my favorite car:
The Grotti Carbonizzare