• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows Store Games won't have VSync, SLI/CrossFire, Fullscreen or Modding

System Name GSYNC
Processor i9-10920X
Motherboard EVGA X299-FTW
Cooling Custom water loop: D5
Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB 2133mhz 9-11-10-28
Video Card(s) (RTX2080)
Storage OCZ vector, samsung evo 950, Intel M.2 1TB SSD's
Display(s) ROG Swift PG278Q, Acer Z35 and Acer XB270H (NVIDIA G-SYNC)
Case 2x Corsair 450D, Corsair 540
Audio Device(s) sound blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Power
Mouse Logitech proteus G502
Keyboard Corsair K70R cherry red
Software WIN10 Pro (UEFI)
Benchmark Scores bench score are for people who don't game.
Wow, not that I was really interested in this but now I'm totally put off. GSYNC or VR really does perform better in fullscreen mode, then to force Vsync on. that just kills both types of VR all together. MS pull your heads out people!

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
The introduction of more games into the Windows Store that are not MS Sudios really makes me think that Gabe's prediction a few years back of the windows Store "walled garden" and future exclusion of Steam or any other platform on Windows has some merit down the line. All MS has to do is get enough publishers to sign on for the Windows Store, and the prediction has credibility.

Granted, it could be years down the line, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

And that is when i go to Linux.....unfortunately

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Dialogs leaked from Valve's (Steampowered) Headquarters

- Hey, Microsoft is going to sell games on Windows store, what can we do to not have our lazy monopolistic ass that grabs nearly 30% of PC gaming market revenue pwned?
- Let's counter with Linux to get gamers off Windows platform!
- By investing into Vulcan (OpenGL) et al?
- Nah, let's have another Linux distro that would allow you to stream games from your windows machine
- Oh, yeah! That will show them! DirectX, we are coming!!!

For some reason, that didn't quite work.

- Hey, what about Steam machine?
- To use with streaming?
- Yeah, but maybe also with Windows!
- Heh, but don't we want to fight Windows?
- Oh, right, let's release overpriced "Steam Machines" that would allow people to stream games from their Windows Machines!
- That will show them!

- Hey, maybe we should also take on PS4 and XBone, what about inventing a controller?
- Right, let's make something that lookes kinda like owl and works like half ***ed mouse.
- Hell yeah! Sony, Microsoft, WE ARE COMING!!!

- OMG, Microsoft is actually starting to sell games on Windows Store, what are we going to do?
- Let's start FUD campaign!

Yay...

He predicted its use as a walled garden

Walled garden "omg this won't work", "omg that won't work" is nothing but part of the FUD campaign.

Valve is too big, you need godzilla to take on it. That's what Microsoft is in this case.

Microsoft does NOT need to create any walls.
Neither would it even try to ban third party applications from its platform. (that would get them insta pwned by EU and company)

They would want to leverage their position to get a nice share of the market.
The way Google did (and does).
Definitely not the way Apple did (and does).

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
- OMG, Microsoft is actually starting to sell games on Windows Store, what are we going to do?
- Let's start FUD campaign!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be fair though, tall those actions were following Valve people looking closely at the architecture of Windows 8, before they started the games in the Windows store. He predicted its use as a walled garden and the exclusion of other features/platforms.

So, back then, people thought it was FUD, but I'm thinking now, 3 years later, maybe not so much.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be fair though, tall those actions were following Valve people looking closely at the architecture of Windows 8, before they started the games in the Windows store. He predicted its use as a walled garden and the exclusion of other features/platforms.

So, back then, people thought it was FUD, but I'm thinking now, 3 years later, maybe not so much.

If it really does happen, microsoft could essentially kill gaming on windows based pc's in one fell swoop.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I'm suspicious of MS anyway based on their past behavior towards PC gamers but they really do have the potential to go evil on PC gamers. Coerce people onto Win 10. Make DX12 popular with gamers and developers over time and then tighten their grip on us by making the games that use DX12 only available from the Windows Store. I'm not even sure if they could legally do that or if they have any plan to do that in the future though.

so long Quantum Break...it was nice knowing ya.

Quantum break sales on Xbone: 99%
PC: 1%
Headlines: PC is dying!!!

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Probably because the apps run in a virtual machine a la .NET Framework. Directly accessing the underlying hardware is forbidden for safety sake which inadvertently breaks things like Crossfire/SLI. At the same time, DirectX 12 supports multi-GPU capabilities so, as long as the game itself is coded to support multi-GPUs, it will probably still do it. It just isn't SLI/Crossfire per say.

V-sync being required is likely a condition that stems from Surface and the like. V-sync stops the hardware from running hot/high battery drain because the GPU only does what is necessary. The same extends to consoles so, universal apps require universal agreement on framerate caps.

Windows Store is a walled garden so no mods/third party extensions being forbidden is not surprising. I'm sure it could do it but Windows Store likely validates the program before launching so security features forbid modification.

Makes me wonder why they bother with the AAA games to begin with. It's a good platform for apps, as I said, but ... I mean deep interaction with the hardware is what games is about. Or rather drivers. I wonder if the games performs differently?

Processor AMD 5900X
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax
Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive 2
Memory GSkill Trident Z F4-4266C17D-32GTZRB
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3800FE (Byski WB)
Storage WD Black SN750 NVME
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case NCASE M1 (1st edition)
Power Supply Corsair SM600
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux
Man...rough article. Makes it sounds like all of the this permanent and could never be fixed/added. We all know that isnt true. It's not like Steam, Origin, and UPlay 1.0 were flawless and never fixed anything/added features.

I dont want an Xbox but do want to play Gears of War, Quantum Break, etc. So I think this is a pretty decent effort to get their platform off of the ground.

I'll be the minority but I'll buy what I want to buy and play what I want to play. Its not like the games are broken in some way

And that is when i go to Linux.....unfortunately
I'm playing on Linux already as most of my games working perfectly fine (Minecraft, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, 7 Days 2 Die, Ark: survival Evolved, Rust, Dying Light, Borderlands and few other). If Arma 3 (or 4) ever gets proper Linux support i format my Windows partition straight away. I am aware of Arma 3 port for Linux, but no Battleye and game version 1.42 is a deal breaker for me as i play Arma online only.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
The introduction of more games into the Windows Store that are not MS Sudios really makes me think that Gabe's prediction a few years back of the windows Store "walled garden" and future exclusion of Steam or any other platform on Windows has some merit down the line. All MS has to do is get enough publishers to sign on for the Windows Store, and the prediction has credibility.

Granted, it could be years down the line, but it's worth keeping an eye on.
Valve will sue and likely win if Microsoft's behavior represents a barrier to entry. CD Projekt, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft would likely get in on that suit. I hope it happens because walled gardens of all types are anti-competitive.

And remember, the last time Microsoft tried this (Games for Windows Live), it failed miserably.

I'll take freebies from the Windows Store (e.g. Minecraft for Windows) but I ain't ever giving them a dime.

Last edited:
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Microsoft are one of the most remarkably moronic companies on Earth.

Amen to that brother. I'm a Win 7 holdout anyways, so I'll stick to Steam, thank you.

Haven't they learned anything from the TV and movie industry?
No wonder ppl resort to piracy not that I am condoning it.

Instead if they made it more accessible with reasonable pricing without having users jump thru hoops consumers are more than willing to pay for it.

This is like Sony making all their new BluRay releases only playable on 2016 BDR models only. They would be hanged!
I use Windows all my life (win7 atm) but for the first time I just wish this company would just go into obsolescence like my old VCRs and Blackberrys.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I've been saying it for YEARS! Microsoft is trying to kill PC gaming.

They only pretend to support it (as evidenced based on DX being shit forever and ruining studios/games).

I almost forgot the best part: They will blame us for the downfall of PC gaming b/c we won't buy/support this shit. Kind of like ubisoft blaming piracy for their shitty games (they want to be console only too).

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
They aren't "trying to kill PC gaming." They're trying to appeal to the masses. Windows Store only really serves one purpose and that's exposure--the same as Google Play and Apple Store. Publishers are still going to release on many platforms because more platforms mean more exposure.

The only problem I see is that Micosoft isn't going to release Microsoft titles anywhere except Windows Store. The only one Microsoft is hurting is Microsoft. Microsoft should have learned their lesson with Games for Windows Live. Microsoft should be well aware now that putting Xbox in charge of PC game publishing is horrible idea. Microsoft doesn't learn so sales via Windows Store will pale in comparison to other digital distributors. By extension, Microsoft's self-published titles will do extremely poorly because they refuse to put it on other markets like Steam, GOG, and Origin.

As been stated, Microsoft will blame piracy rather than the true culprit: their walled garden market. At the end of the day, there are two Microsoft's: headquarters and Xbox division. Headquarters won't do anything to jeopardize Windows gaming which means continuing to allow third party software to be installed on Windows. The Xbox division will continue to prance around like a headless chicken. As long as the division is still profitable through Xbox sales and licensing, I don't see the status quo changing. Microsoft headquarters just doesn't care enough about PC gamers to fix their own Xbox division. They have too many other sources of revenue to care.

The only way Microsoft fixes this is if they put Xbox division under the direction of the Windows division. There's been so much brain drain (Lionhead is effectively dead, FASA Interactive is gone, Rare is deader than a door nail, Digital Anvil is gone, and so on) at Microsoft that doing so would almost certainly result in failure. Except Halo, Fable, and Gears of War, all of the excellent IPs Microsoft aquired through all of those buyouts have been mostly collecting dust.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

They only pretend to support it (as evidenced based on DX being shit forever and ruining studios/games).

I almost forgot the best part: They will blame us for the downfall of PC gaming b/c we won't buy/support this shit. Kind of like ubisoft blaming piracy for their shitty games (they want to be console only too).

Anybody who wants a good laugh, you've got to read RCoon's rant he put together on Microsofts' "love" of PC gaming from about 18 months ago. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...ts-love-for-pc-by-doing-nothing-at-e3.202172/

Microsoft could never convince me they've made an about face in 18 months

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I think Phil Spencer is 99% to blame. Put someone in charge that understands Xbox & Windows gaming and both could prosper. Until he's gone, Microsoft effectively isn't a player in the PC gaming market. Well they are but there's indies out there with a larger presence...

...you know...

...like Robert Space Industries...

...that could have been developed by Microsoft...

...if Phil Spencer didn't screw over PC gamers in the name of Xbox.

Hell, look at Shadowrun. Microsoft owns the IP so they're getting royalties on it but without Microsoft's vice-like grip on development and publishing, the series is doing really, really well. Microsoft just needs to learn to back the !@#$ off.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10

For the first time in many years DX is not shit.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
And to their credit, Phil @ Microsoft has said that they are looking to make improvements to Windows Store to make it more palatable than Windows Live! was years ago.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Carbon
Cooling Artic freezer 280mm
Memory 32GB @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
The walled garden store, no multi GPU support and borderless window mode wouldn't really be the end of the world for me, but forced v-sync on is a big no-no. Shame as I was looking forward to playing through GoW but only once I could pick it up cheap.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
And to their credit, Phil @ Microsoft has said that they are looking to make improvements to Windows Store to make it more palatable than Windows Live! was years ago.
I think Spencer would call any move of Windows towards Xbox an "improvement." Pretty much everyone at this community would not call that an "improvement."

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Man...rough article. Makes it sounds like all of the this permanent and could never be fixed/added. We all know that isnt true. It's not like Steam, Origin, and UPlay 1.0 were flawless and never fixed anything/added features.

I'm not sure you understand. These things aren't even exe's. They use a completely proprietary blackmagic runtime. Much of this could be architecturally required, and not fixable.

Steam never went this far. I agree with the above posters, I'm getting pushed closer to linux every day...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Its Microsofts one time of the year when they crawl out from that XBOX shaped rock they've been hiding under for more than a decade with party hats, party poppers, balloons, trumpets and a massive foam glove with #PCMASTERRACE printed on it to let off some pent up steam, shout a few words about what they are doing that's great for the PC Platform/PC Gamers then go crawling back underneath their rock and do absolutely nothing until around the same time next year when the season is right and they come out of hibernation to perform the same part act and scream the same bullshit to the moon again before going back into hiding hibernation.

Anything Microsoft says in regards to PC gaming should be taken with a C-130 packed so tight with salt, even the pilots & crew have shrivelled up into stickmen.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
I think Spencer would call any move of Windows towards Xbox an "improvement." Pretty much everyone at this community would not call that an "improvement."

Microsoft is so out of touch with PC Gaming as a whole its sick.