• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Unveils GPU Architecture Roadmap, "Polaris" to Skip HBM2 Memory?

1. There is only one Polaris chip on the roadmap.
AMD statet that there will be two chips. So nothing changed, just some inaccuracy of the roadmap...
So nothing new here...

2. nVidia can NOT just go for HBM, because HBM is a completely different beast than every other memory technology so far!
The manufacturing process is stil pretty damn complicated and for low long has AMD worked on HBM?! Do you really think that they just let nVdia use this technology?!
Besides:
AMD has already an HBM chip out and knows of the downsides - nVidia has not!

So isn't it safe to assume that nVidia may need some more R&D sessions than AMD because they don't know shit about HBM?!

Just having the spec is worthless this time!
Because how do you mount the memory onto the interposer!

You need some experimenting for that...

And also you need the machienery for that - and you can bet that AMD has exclusive concracts with everyone able to place the chips onto the interposer - especially since AMD is one of the HBM pioneers!!!
And nVidia is just again the parasite that comes around when everything is done - like they did with GDDR4 and GDDR5...

Buttom line:
There's a Polaris chip missing on the roadmap, the one that will have HBM.
And HBM insn't as easy to implement this time because it's completely different.

And have you any infos that AMD will use GDDR-5X?! I haven't herad anything about it...
And why should AMD use GDDR-5X?! There's no need for that - with the smaller chip they don't need it, that's something for notebooks and something like that. And with the bigger one they'll use HBM...

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
1. There is only one Polaris chip on the roadmap.
AMD statet that there will be two chips. So nothing changed, just some inaccuracy of the roadmap...
So nothing new here...

2. nVidia can NOT just go for HBM, because HBM is a completely different beast than every other memory technology so far!
The manufacturing process is stil pretty damn complicated and for low long has AMD worked on HBM?! Do you really think that they just let nVdia use this technology?!
Besides:
AMD has already an HBM chip out and knows of the downsides - nVidia has not!

So isn't it safe to assume that nVidia may need some more R&D sessions than AMD because they don't know shit about HBM?!

Just having the spec is worthless this time!
Because how do you mount the memory onto the interposer!

You need some experimenting for that...

And also you need the machienery for that - and you can bet that AMD has exclusive concracts with everyone able to place the chips onto the interposer - especially since AMD is one of the HBM pioneers!!!
And nVidia is just again the parasite that comes around when everything is done - like they did with GDDR4 and GDDR5...

Buttom line:
There's a Polaris chip missing on the roadmap, the one that will have HBM.
And HBM insn't as easy to implement this time because it's completely different.

And have you any infos that AMD will use GDDR-5X?! I haven't herad anything about it...
And why should AMD use GDDR-5X?! There's no need for that - with the smaller chip they don't need it, that's something for notebooks and something like that. And with the bigger one they'll use HBM...

Lol. That's all I can say.

Because you've seen the working nVidia HBM chip??
And you heard about the problems AMD had with Fiji??
And because you know you need some specialized test equipment for HBM??

Oh and if you just make one tiny mistake, you can flush a whole buch of working dice down the toilet...

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Stefan, nice trolling. You're very good at it. Not so good with facts though. HBM doesn't "belong" to AMD, so there is not "let"ting NVIDIA just have it.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Stefan, nice trolling. You're very good at it. Not so good with facts though. HBM doesn't "belong" to AMD, so there is not "let"ting NVIDIA just have it.

I was crafting a reply but got bored. I'll countersign yours.

The one thing I will give is that yes, AMD innovated again with HBM. But without it, Fiji would be really bad compared to Maxwell. Slightly higher power draw with HBM (about 10%) and the higher res performance would have not improved as it does. However, pioneering isn't always great for the present. Sometimes pioneers get overtaken by someone who implements things better. Given how much shouting (PR wise) AMD is doing right now, it's a little bit disconcerting this is bluster to me. Got a bad feeling Polaris won't be the Godly card we're all expecting.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Does this mean that AMD plans to skip HBM2 on Polaris, and stick to GDDR5X?
...or AMD could simply continue to use HBM1 since it now seems to reaching volume production and the required metrology tooling for test and verification is now in place. As Ryan Shrout at PC Per noted:
Curious about the HBM2 inclusion in Vega on the roadmap and what that means for Polaris? Though he didn’t say it outright, it appears that Polaris will be using HBM1, leaving me to wonder about the memory capacity limitations inherent in that. Has AMD found a way to get past the 4GB barrier? We are trying to figure that out for sure.
Oh and if you just make one tiny mistake, you can flush a whole buch of working dice down the toilet...
This is third party manufacturing, not Nvidia (or AMD for that matter) with the exception of a demonstration of a working Nvidia HBM2 chip - but since HBM2 isn't slated for volume production for some months that is hardly surprising. Specialized equipment? I presume you mean X-ray metrology for checking the viability of TSV's within the HBM layers and microbump solder contacts in the microbumps connecting the HBM to the interposer? That is down to companies like KLA-Tencor and NORDSON Dage. The tooling has only recently reached production status hence the protracted delay in ramping AMD's Fiji. Something that is now less of an issue.

If you had been paying attention, you would know that HBM is basically a well understood DDR technology whose only real innovation is the stacked die nature of the memory IC's. The difficulty lies not in its implementation but its manufacture and assembly - neither of which are the down to Nvidia/AMD. Hynix and Samsung manufacture the HBM, UMC and TSMC manufacture the interposer, and Amkor and ASE (and probably TSMC) assemble the GPU+HBM+Interposer package.
Here is a graphic representation of who is actually responsible for the technology implementation if you are still in a state of confusion.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
I dont think there will be no HBM2 for polaris. I expected them to only use HBM2 on high end enthusiast cards for polaris then the whole range for vega.

If you had been paying attention, you would know that HBM is basically a well understood DDR technology whose only real innovation is the stacked die nature of the memory IC's. The difficulty lies not in its implementation but its manufacture and assembly - neither of which are the down to Nvidia/AMD. Hynix and Samsung manufacture the HBM, UMC and TSMC manufacture the interposer, and Amkor and ASE (and probably TSMC) assemble the GPU+HBM+Interposer package.
Here is a graphic representation of who is actually responsible for the technology implementation if you are still in a state of confusion.

You forgot the R&D state where AMD played an important role. They also hold a patent on how to wire stacked DRAM to the interposer.

Back to topic. For AMD, using HBM for at least two generation makes sense though. There is also no chance for a switch to GDDR5X now after spending that much resource on HBM. They just have to deal with the 4GB limit though.

Meanwhile, there is no way nVidia would be allowed to use HBM for free. Hence, they would make a move on GDDR5X when HBM2 is not available for mass production. Still GDDR5X is different from GDDR5. They still need time to implement it perfectly or face the disaster of Fermi with GDDR5 again.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
There is also no chance for a switch to GDDR5X now after spending that much resource on HBM. They just have to deal with the 4GB limit though.
You think that AMD will absorb the increased manufacturing and assembly cost of GPU+HBM+Interposer for sub-$200 R5 and R7 cards? Unlikely IMO when revising a conventional GDDR5 IMC for use with GDDR5X is very likely to be a minor matter whose R&D should be offset by GDDR5X's doubled density and the ability to shave die space with fewer IMC's/PHY/GDDR5 interfaces if required. Half the number of chips equals shorter PCB and less overall traces. If AMD want to expend extra money on HBM for mainstream cards and the mobile discrete product stack they should be applauded, but it doesn't sound like optimum business sense. They could just continue to tap GDDR5 I suppose but unless AMD aren't boosting core/ROP/TAU counts, they are certainly going to run into either bandwidth issues and/or extra die space to maintain bus width with conventional GDDR5. Since uncore typically doesn't shrink as well as the core, AMD will be effectively devoting disproportionately more die space using the older standard.
Meanwhile, there is no way nVidia would be allowed to use HBM for free.
You can provide proof of this? Because this just sounds like a bunch of FUD to me, since AMD stated their position six months ago
AMD: We are actively promoting HBM and do not collect royalties
AMD is not involved in collecting any royalties for HBM,” said Iain Bristow, a spokesman for AMD. “We are actively encouraging widespread adoption of all HBM associated technology on [Radeon R9] Fury products and there is no IP licensing associated.”
Advanced Micro Devices owns a number of patents covering HBM, but as that intellectual property is a part of JEDEC’s JESD235 standard, it has to be licensed to applicants desiring to implement the standard “either without compensation or under reasonable terms and conditions that are free of any unfair discrimination.” Moreover, AMD and Nvidia have a broad cross-licensing agreement, which largely prevents royalty demands.
Note that this also covers subsequent revisions to the standard such as JESD235A (HBM2).
Still GDDR5X is different from GDDR5. They still need time to implement it perfectly or face the disaster of Fermi with GDDR5 again.
Not that different from what I've seen. A doubled prefetch is the biggest takeaway, and Micron have had GDDR5X in the wild for some time, and the GDDR5X emulation tools for memory controllers and physical layers has also been around for some time....
...of course if you have information to the contrary I'd love to see it....although I suspect just like AMD's supposed royalties keeping Nvidia away from HBM, it is more a case of wishful thinking on your part than actual fact.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
I don't even understand what's going on with the manufacturers with all the cryptic names for stuff. Polaris, Vega, Fiji, Arctic Islands... I don't know what's what. My brain is full of fuck!

The thing is completely different with HBM this time.

You can handsolder GDDR4 and 4 onto a PCB. Good luck with HBM...

The specs mean shit if you are unable to use it. And why the hell would you let nVidia just have HBM?!
Well, they can have it, but it does mean shit because they just can't put everything together!

I think you haven't thought about HBM at all and just say some shit without knowing anything!

With HBM you NEED this highly precise equipment and there aren't many companys out there able to put everything together. Bad luck for nVidia who let others develop the good stuff and come around when everything is done...

AMD and the development partners invested a great amount of money in this new technology and they should just give it to nVidia?! are you kidding?!

As said eariler, the spec means shit, because you have to put everything together, with GDDR4 and 5 you can do it by hand, with HBM that's impossible!

So they _NEED_ pretty damn expansive and precise equipment - something that wasn't around before, that's completely new and developed explicitely for HBM!

As for the Polaris chips:

AMD said there will be _TWO_ chips, one with HBM (the bigger one) and one without HBM...

Why the hell should there now be just one chip?!
Just because of some shitty roadmap?!

System Name Desktop | Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Intel Core i7 7700HQ
Motherboard MAG X570S Torpedo Max| Neptune KLS HM175
Cooling Corsair H100x | Twin fan, fin stack & heat pipes
Memory 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GVK @ 3600MHz / 16-16-16-36-1T | 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz / 17-17-17-39-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + Kingston KC3000 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) 32" Dell G3223Q (2160p @ 144Hz) | 17" IPS 1920x1080P
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact | Aspire V Nitro BE
Audio Device(s) ifi Audio ZEN DAC V2 + Focal Radiance / HyperX Solocast
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000W | 150W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate | Logitech MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 Optical (Linear Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
You can provide proof of this? Because this just sounds like a bunch of FUD to me, since AMD stated their position six months ago
AMD: We are actively promoting HBM and do not collect royalties

AMD and the development partners invested a great amount of money in this new technology and they should just give it to nVidia?! are you kidding?!

And they have shared this technology freely, as stated in the above quote. I present it to you since you are light on facts and apparently are not reading HumanSmoke's posts.

Both companies have been saying for the last year that they will be using HBM in the future. This is nothing new.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
The thing is completely different with HBM this time.

You can handsolder GDDR4 and 4 onto a PCB. Good luck with HBM...

The specs mean shit if you are unable to use it. And why the hell would you let nVidia just have HBM?!
Well, they can have it, but it does mean shit because they just can't put everything together!

I think you haven't thought about HBM at all and just say some shit without knowing anything!

With HBM you NEED this highly precise equipment and there aren't many companys out there able to put everything together. Bad luck for nVidia who let others develop the good stuff and come around when everything is done...

Nvidia can't put everything together with HBM nor can they make HBM or the interposer and neither can AMD. Various other companies do that and they will want Nvidia's business too. In fact moreso because Nvidia sells more GPUs so that means more profits for these other companies.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
I don't even understand what's going on with the manufacturers with all the cryptic names for stuff. Polaris, Vega, Fiji, Arctic Islands... I don't know what's what. My brain is full of fuck!
Your brain isn't the only one full. I wonder whose bright idea it was to leave the "Mission Failed" screen running through the whole turgid presentation. Actually quite apt for Richard Huddy's abysmal attempt at humour.

They could much easier then AMD just make the jump for all their future cards to HBM2 if they wanted to but nope.avi, rather just have another incremental update then giving consumers the full beans right away because MOAR MONEYZZZ.

You don't understand business very well, do you?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
You don't understand business very well, do you?
yup.. last i checked AMD was a 'for profit' organization. That said, there really isn't a need for hbm, nonetheless hbm2 on anything but the high end cards. Typically, at least the past couple of generations, midrange/upper-midrange came out first so...there is that as well.

System Name Desktop | Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Intel Core i7 7700HQ
Motherboard MAG X570S Torpedo Max| Neptune KLS HM175
Cooling Corsair H100x | Twin fan, fin stack & heat pipes
Memory 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GVK @ 3600MHz / 16-16-16-36-1T | 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz / 17-17-17-39-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + Kingston KC3000 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 970 Evo 500GB
Display(s) 32" Dell G3223Q (2160p @ 144Hz) | 17" IPS 1920x1080P
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact | Aspire V Nitro BE
Audio Device(s) ifi Audio ZEN DAC V2 + Focal Radiance / HyperX Solocast
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000W | 150W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate | Logitech MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 Optical (Linear Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Nothing to it.

All you need is a decent hot air station and off you go...

Maybe I took it too literally - i.e. actually hand soldering not using something like a reflow station. In that case, you'd probably want something more advanced than hot air, perhaps infrared heat.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

Do you honestly believe that just because nvidia hasn't built a consumer video card using HBM, they know nothing about building one?
Besides, it's non-sensical to complain about the lack of HBM2 in March, when HBM2 memory itself won't be available till September at the earliest.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,OCZ Vector 512GB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
Do you honestly believe that just because nvidia hasn't built a consumer video card using HBM, they know nothing about building one?
Besides, it's non-sensical to complain about the lack of HBM2 in March, when HBM2 memory itself won't be available till September at the earliest.

Gonna caveat this a little: HBM2 won't be available for mass production until September. There's HBM2 being manufactured right now, just not en masse yet.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Not sure what you are having problems with understanding there.
Nvidia has a much larger market share, aka much more money to spend on development.
They could much easier then AMD just make the jump for all their future cards to HBM2 if they wanted to but nope.avi, rather just have another incremental update then giving consumers the full beans right away because MOAR MONEYZZZ

Company could give us A B and C in one new generation but they rather give us A first, then A and B, then A B and C because again, moar moneyz.
Sandbagging