• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

dscars

Not sure about anyone else but this still isn't working for me on Windows 10. Running the latest version it didn't work and tried 1.6.2.00 and nothing there either. The patching process goes smoothly with no errors but after I restart nothing changes.

Running 2 evga gtx 970 ssc i got my first 970 last year, got the second one today. they're the same even tho the pcb are different and the newer one is slightly bigger in size.

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Not sure about anyone else but this still isn't working for me on Windows 10. Running the latest version it didn't work and tried 1.6.2.00 and nothing there either. The patching process goes smoothly with no errors but after I restart nothing changes.

Running 2 evga gtx 970 ssc i got my first 970 last year, got the second one today. they're the same even tho the pcb are different and the newer one is slightly bigger in size.
Please try with the video tutorial at the end of page 69...hope this help you.

Mouse Razer Deathader
364.72 perfectly patched and working fine :rockout:

john morales

This is what happen to me. I tried to match my brand new Nvidia 970 gtx with a Nvidia 660 gtx with the new patch 364.72(I was using 2 660's before in my Sli). I used the steps to a tee, got to last step, Sli was there, clicked maximize 3D performance. It started to activate Sli, then I got the blue screen of death. I got a variety of errors. All relating to new drivers added causing error. I have Windows 10 Enterprise.

Has anyone matched a 970 gtx and 660 gtx successfully? If you did, can you please pass on the info. Thanks. I tried 3 times, erred 3 times.

System Name not sure yet
Processor R9 3950X
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling It's a secret for now..
Memory 64GB Vengeance
Video Card(s) 2080Ti FE
Storage 2x 1TB NVME, 3x 500GB SSD, 2TB SSHD
Display(s) Predator 27" 4k 144hz, 55" Vizio 4k
Case Lian Li O11-D White
Audio Device(s) Steel Series Wireless
Power Supply EVGA 1200W
Mouse Glorious D-
Keyboard GMMK 60% Red Box Caps
Software Windows 8.1 Profession x64
I didn't see anything about it..would this work to SLI a GTX 780 Ti and a 980 Ti?

n4.4

Any idea how to let win7 keep the unsigned driver ? coz after i put the test mod off win 7 doesn't allow to load the driver coz its unsigned .

thanks

Mouse Razer Deathader
This is what happen to me. I tried to match my brand new Nvidia 970 gtx with a Nvidia 660 gtx with the new patch 364.72(I was using 2 660's before in my Sli). I used the steps to a tee, got to last step, Sli was there, clicked maximize 3D performance. It started to activate Sli, then I got the blue screen of death. I got a variety of errors. All relating to new drivers added causing error. I have Windows 10 Enterprise.

Has anyone matched a 970 gtx and 660 gtx successfully? If you did, can you please pass on the info. Thanks. I tried 3 times, erred 3 times.
I think it wont work because of the different memory bandwith...:( i remember tried gtx 670 and 660 ti SLI they are same arquitecture GPUs but 192 and 256 memory bus bandwidth can be the issue.

Mouse Razer Deathader
I didn't see anything about it..would this work to SLI a GTX 780 Ti and a 980 Ti?
You can check 980 Ti Id on windows device manager and the compatibility architecture as i see 780Ti is DEV_100 if 980Ti has this same id it could be possible...both cards have same memory bandwidth but mismatched amounts of vram that means unstable performance and waste of 3 gigs of that 980Ti.

CRYSIIIS

can someone help me, i try to get work 2 gtx 970 g1 gaming, on a GA 970A UD3P, this motherboard is no certificated sli, but yes for crossfre, i follow the steps right, but when i "enable the sli", the monitor reset something but the signal image dont come back, and later of 30 sec the pc just restart, when the pc start i got the blue screen "nvlddmkm video tdr failure", using 362.00, windows 10 64 bits, i leave only one card and works fines again

someone can help me please :D

n4.4

can someone help me, i try to get work 2 gtx 970 g1 gaming, on a GA 970A UD3P, this motherboard is no certificated sli, but yes for crossfre, i follow the steps right, but when i "enable the sli", the monitor reset something but the signal image dont come back, and later of 30 sec the pc just restart, when the pc start i got the blue screen "nvlddmkm video tdr failure", using 362.00, windows 10 64 bits, i leave only one card and works fines again

try to use lower version of nvidia driver .

AlexFonz

Joined just to say thank you to to Ember and share my situation. With all the time, cost, and angst incurred in trying to get SLI to work, its great to have people like Ember and other contributors in this forum on my side.

For others who might have similar issues as I, on a Win 10 Skylake system, I had an MSI GTX 970 then purchased an EVGA GTX 970, but couldn't get SLI to enable. In the Nvidia control panel, I had the warning saying that I should connect an SLI bridge, which I already had. I initially tried to use DifferentSLIAuto 1.2, but I kept having errors with the patch. Next, I got the 1.4 version and was able to run the patch and the install file successfully, however, it still wouldn't let me enable SLI. Luckily, I was referred to the video at the end of page 69 of this site. I followed along and everything now works.

After getting SLI running, I had stability issues in some games, namely The Division. I have an MSI Z170 gaming M7, I updated its Bios and since then no stability issues. However, its only been 12hrs.

Mouse Razer Deathader

Try with new drivers and 1.4 version. If that dont work maybe 2 gtx 970 is too much power for your MoBo

Mouse Razer Deathader
Joined just to say thank you to to Ember and share my situation. With all the time, cost, and angst incurred in trying to get SLI to work, its great to have people like Ember and other contributors in this forum on my side.

For others who might have similar issues as I, on a Win 10 Skylake system, I had an MSI GTX 970 then purchased an EVGA GTX 970, but couldn't get SLI to enable. In the Nvidia control panel, I had the warning saying that I should connect an SLI bridge, which I already had. I initially tried to use DifferentSLIAuto 1.2, but I kept having errors with the patch. Next, I got the 1.4 version and was able to run the patch and the install file successfully, however, it still wouldn't let me enable SLI. Luckily, I was referred to the video at the end of page 69 of this site. I followed along and everything now works.

After getting SLI running, I had stability issues in some games, namely The Division. I have an MSI Z170 gaming M7, I updated its Bios and since then no stability issues. However, its only been 12hrs.
It was really neccesary to use different sli auto with you motherborad? Im a little confused...why you used the patch:confused:

CRYSIIIS

Try with new drivers and 1.4 version. If that dont work maybe 2 gtx 970 is too much power for your MoBo

y try with 374. and didn't work, i think is my mobo to :/ my psu is a 750w corsair gold cs.

thanks everyone.

Pap

Hi I am new to the forum.
I am trying to sli a EVGA gtx980 with a EVGA gtx980Ti. I have checked the Hardware ID and unfortunately they don't match; nevertheless, under compatible IDs I see this for both cards:

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Does it mean that the cards are somewhat compatible or the Compatible IDs is irrelevant for sli purposes?

I am on windows 7 x64 and so far, using differntsliauto1.4, I've managed to get the sli option alive in the Nvidia control panel, but when I activate it I get the message that the control panel has crashed. Afterwards, the control panel doesn't start anymore and I need to reinstall the drivers. I have tried with several different drivers (359.00, 361.11, 364.51, 364.72).

Any advice?
Thanks a lot.
pap

Mouse Razer Deathader
y try with 374. and didn't work, i think is my mobo to :/ my psu is a 750w corsair gold cs.

thanks everyone.
Did you follow the video tutorial at the end of page 69?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hi I am new to the forum.
I am trying to sli a EVGA gtx980 with a EVGA gtx980Ti. I have checked the Hardware ID and unfortunately they don't match; nevertheless, under compatible IDs I see this for both cards:

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_10DE
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

Does it mean that the cards are somewhat compatible or the Compatible IDs is irrelevant for sli purposes?

I am on windows 7 x64 and so far, using differntsliauto1.4, I've managed to get the sli option alive in the Nvidia control panel, but when I activate it I get the message that the control panel has crashed. Afterwards, the control panel doesn't start anymore and I need to reinstall the drivers. I have tried with several different drivers (359.00, 361.11, 364.51, 364.72).

Any advice?
Thanks a lot.
pap
I think SLI failure is because of GPU arquitectures are different...also memory bus width. Maybe you could try with diffetent sli auto 1.3 version because 1.3.1 and 1.4 were made for windows 10 support.

i have been using HyperSLI then DifferentSLI auto for years, and have not had any problems on multiple machines, other than when something was done wrong i went into panic mode. If you are having problems with DifferentSLIauto. read and test. all systems are unique. a little patience is usually all that is needed. once again, Thanks Ember..

Pap

Thanks Fgante for the tip.
I actually managed to enable the sli in the control panel without crashing the driver. I had to force the physx to either the gtx980 or gtx980ti. However, forcing the phsyx seems to prevent the second card from working properly, the load is always at 0%.