• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti XtremeGaming 6GB

Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Corsair Hydro H150i Pro
Memory 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000 Mhz
Video Card(s) Inno3D iChill GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) Asus RoG PG279Q Swift
Case Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II (Sennheiser HD 650)
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Corsair K70 (Black)
Software W10 x64
It isn't exactly easy to tell from the common marketing shots used to sell the card.
Just look at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125846
There's no way to tell there. Amazon is better, at least it has the shot you linked to, but the main image is that off angle one that makes it almost impossible to tell how big the card is height wise.
I've never used a website from a store to check specs and information on a computer component. 99~% of the time there is something wrong, missing or unclear.
Gigabyte has very clear photo's of all sides on the website so.. It's the store's fault for not having all the images available.http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5710#kf

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
So what's the point of this card? Gigabyte already had an overclocked, aircooled custom-PCB card with the G1 Gaming, which also clocks better according to Wiz' table on page 26 and this one even has one DVI port less.
There must be some magic to this LN2 mode we don't know about. :)

Besides, if the normal BIOS is limitig voltage to 1.3V, then this is not a limit at all. Without LN2/DICE, a 980Ti will never work on such a voltage. You can consider yourself lucky if you can pass 1.23V without a TDR. The same goes for the 320W power target. With 1.23V it's unlikely to hit that.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
If you are talking performance, similarly as they both boost to about the same level.

Look at a lower end card.. don't pay the premium for the Lightning or this card as its meant for LN2 clocking, not stock air. ;)

xxthe_remedyxx

If you are talking performance, similarly as they both boost to about the same level.

Yeah that's kind of what I thought. I own the MSI 980TI Lightning and I have it at 1500 with no issues. I owned the G1 as well and it was a great card, but it was a bit loud under load for my tastes. The MSI is dead quiet and never breaks 70C on air.

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Man that 970 in SLI though! you can find them kinda cheap now and if you have the PSU to do it, what an amazing and cheap way to almost double your frames!

System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
I just bought this Gigabyte card. From this review it looks like it's going to be a good one.

System Name Blackbird
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Benchmark Scores A lot.
Man that 970 in SLI though! you can find them kinda cheap now and if you have the PSU to do it, what an amazing and cheap way to almost double your frames!
SLI is just no comparison for a single card, even if the single card is more expensive. Lots of problems all over the place!
I own a pair of those G1 Gaming 980TIs (even overclocked), but I ran most of my Games on a single card and am grateful that a single 980Ti is fast enough most of the time. This would not be the case with the 970s!
There are a lot of games where cards in SLI are even slower than a single card (of the same type). Sometimes they are only slightly faster, but draw twice as much power and produce twice as much heat of course. And sometimes they are faster, but the experience is even worse due to stuttering or all kinds of nasty SLI problems like flickering textures and what not.

SLI is only viable if there simply is no faster single GPU solution or you play only games wich work well with SLI (unlikely).
Just my 2 cents.

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Storage sata II 500 gig
Case Haf 922
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
SLI is just no comparison for a single card, even if the single card is more expensive. Lots of problems all over the place!
I own a pair of those G1 Gaming 980TIs (even overclocked), but I ran most of my Games on a single card and am grateful that a single 980Ti is fast enough most of the time. This would not be the case with the 970s!
There are a lot of games where cards in SLI are even slower than a single card (of the same type). Sometimes they are only slightly faster, but draw twice as much power and produce twice as much heat of course. And sometimes they are faster, but the experience is even worse due to stuttering or all kinds of nasty SLI problems like flickering textures and what not.

SLI is only viable if there simply is no faster single GPU solution or you play only games wich work well with SLI (unlikely).
Just my 2 cents.

Ya I know what your saying. Deep down I know that SLI is a lot of problems as over the years I've read about a lot of them! I used to have 2 5870's in SLI for a very short period of time and it was a very hot and noisy config, and crashes too. I guess I get all googly eyed when I see the raw numbers in front of me
but need to remember what you're talking about.

Just my 2 cents.
Christ... its not that bad, LOL!

Its rare to see LESS performance with SLI... sometimes there is none as profiles come out late. But typically, it works well. Scaling of course will vary from game to game. There is power/heat/noise to consider as well. My thoughts are the generally the same in the end... if you can use a single card, go single as there are less hassles all around.

Ya I know what your saying. Deep down I know that SLI is a lot of problems as over the years I've read about a lot of them! I used to have 2 5870's in SLI for a very short period of time and it was a very hot and noisy config, and crashes too. I guess I get all googly eyed when I see the raw numbers in front of me
but need to remember what you're talking about.
2 AMD cards are called Crossfire. SLI is an NVIDIA term. :)

System Name Blackbird
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Benchmark Scores A lot.
Let's say it's bad enough. :cool:
I mean sure these so called AAA titles may work well if the profiles are out, but aside from that SLI support is few and far between.

Let's say it's bad enough. :cool:
I mean sure these so called AAA titles may work well if the profiles are out, but aside from that SLI support is few and far between.
I disagree with that sentiment completely... I would say MOST games have SLI/CFx support. Ive used SLI before, and though there are clearly more (potential) issues and real issues, the way you make it out seems like its just a few AAA titles and the rest is rare. I find that to be not true when I had SLI/CFx (as of last year).

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Storage sata II 500 gig
Case Haf 922
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Christ... its not that bad, LOL!

Its rare to see LESS performance with SLI... sometimes there is none as profiles come out late. But typically, it works well. Scaling of course will vary from game to game. There is power/heat/noise to consider as well. My thoughts are the generally the same in the end... if you can use a single card, go single as there are less hassles all around.

2 AMD cards are called Crossfire. SLI is an NVIDIA term. :)
Ya I call everthing SLI ......lol.

Processor AMD 8350
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Night Night Hawk Edition
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws CL7
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 500gb + WD Black 5Tb
Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 144Hz
Case White Corsair 500r
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i 860W
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
I just bought this Gigabyte card. From this review it looks like it's going to be a good one.

I did too, replaced my 780 Ti.