• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

plzzzzzzzzz help with 9600 128mb overclocking

sandy

my card is ati radeon 9600se 128 mb with......324core/203 memory(samgsung tc40 chips) 64 bit with four pixel pipes.I am using atitool 0.0.22 and softmodded catalyst drivers 4.9 ...

any help on upto how much level i can stress my card.....and any precautions

as i m a novice in this area of oc......so any comments is always welcome

.........................................thank you in advance......................................................

N

nightelf84

Atitool will find the most stable settings for you. Find max core and max memory for at least 3600 secs without artifacts. For better stability, run both overnight. After that try a few benchmarks and games for a couple of hours and see if you get artifacts. Lower core and memory in 5mhz increment if you get artifacts. To get better OC, slap on a vga silencer on your card and some ramsinks on the memory chips. always make sure ur case is well ventilated and keep temperatures down. hmmm....what else.....thats all i can think off now....getting sleepy... :)

sandy

thank you for the tips............

but after i found out the max mem and max core when i run the scan for artifact in atitool artifacts are found aftr 5 to 7 mins.........while playing games for two hours does not show any signs of artifact..........

so whats wrong......................

pablofrogo

Nothing, everything is fine. ATI-Tool is ultra sensitive to artifacts, so it finds them even if they're not visible to the human eye.

fr33ze

sandy it might be worth lowering the core/mem clocks by 5mhz each from the max just so your not stressing the card as much. Something i've always done just to be on the safe side.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
fr33ze said:
sandy it might be worth lowering the core/mem clocks by 5mhz each from the max just so your not stressing the card as much. Something i've always done just to be on the safe side.
Yes that is the best thing to do, because games are much more intensive than the spinning cube