• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Announces the X99 FTW K Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EVGA welcomes you to the next generation of ground-breaking performance: the X99 FTW K! The X99 platform redefines high-performance with the introduction of the first ever quad-channel DDR4 architecture fueled by Intel's Haswell-E/Broadwell-E CPU family for up to 128GBs of RAM running at a maximum memory speed of up to 3200MHz+ (OC), all made possible due to the 4-layer memory T-Routing design.

The X99 FTW-K is built with an 8-layer Hybrid Black PCB, featuring a CPU socket with 150% higher Gold content powered by an Advanced 8-phase Digital VRM (IR3563B+IR3350), providing industry-leading stability for all your applications. This board also features a Killer NIC E2400 Ethernet which helps to prioritize and reduce network latency to keep you at the top of your game.

Furthermore, this board is designed not ONLY for peak overclocking, but also fully-featured to support any/all peripherals and functions available, 4-Way SLI support, 2 Gigabit LAN, right-angle power connectors, PCI-E disable switches and much more.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Angled ATX power connector...aahhh yeah! This should be a standard IMO.

The reason it isn't is because it causes an ATX board to require an E-ATX case, however as this board is already E-ATX it's not an issue.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I like how they got the red trace to light up without power connected :p
Not a fan of the right angled connectors, especially at the bottom of the board. :shadedshu:

Nice board. But the huge "e" is ruining the design completely. :/

holy moly, is that a bodge wire connecting pin 2 of that so-6 chip the that cap near it?

hahaha, how did their market department let this one pass?
even if the board revision that will be sold to customers is the one with that minor bodge (hey, as long as it works fine), selling "high end" products with bodges instead of revising the layout and rerun the production is just wrong

edit
lol, it is indeed a bodge

Last edited:

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
holy moly, is that a bodge wire connecting pin 2 of that so-6 chip the that cap near it?

hahaha, how did their market department let this one pass?
even if the board revision that will be sold to customers is the one with that minor bodge (hey, as long as it works fine), selling "high end" products with bodges instead of revising the layout and rerun the production is just wrong

edit
lol, it is indeed a bodge
It's just an ES board, the final definitely wont have that wire.

It's just an ES board, the final definitely wont have that wire.
eng samples dont have all those "fancy cooler blocks", nor are they photographed and sent to the marketing team(s) and/or press, and they most certainly arent displayed as the product on the product page!

the previous model was about 650300 smakaroos, this model is most certainly higher in price, would you be ok with it having a bodge even if it works just fine? why is the board so highly priced if not for build quality (pretty sure the bill of materials is not even 1/41/2 of the msrp)? i can build at least one fully functional gaming pc for the price of this board alone...

edit
oh and it seems like the marketing fellows are having fun shopping that wire out of the picture on the site

come on guys, you can still see the same solder blob on that cap, the pic is the same)
you used to be better than this... just take a new picture or admit thats the final design and you are charging for it

2nd edit
damn amazon, giving me inflated prices again

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I am going to guess that isn't a final product... we should be getting one for review soon enough... I will report back when I have it in hand.

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
eng samples dont have all those "fancy cooler blocks", nor are they photographed and sent to the marketing team(s) and/or press, and they most certainly arent displayed as the product on the product page!

the previous model was about 650300 smakaroos, this model is most certainly higher in price, would you be ok with it having a bodge even if it works just fine? why is the board so highly priced if not for build quality (pretty sure the bill of materials is not even 1/41/2 of the msrp)? i can build at least one fully functional gaming pc for the price of this board alone...

edit
oh and it seems like the marketing fellows are having fun shopping that wire out of the picture on the site

come on guys, you can still see the same solder blob on that cap, the pic is the same)
you used to be better than this... just take a new picture or admit thats the final design and you are charging for it

2nd edit
damn amazon, giving me inflated prices again
Idk where you're getting Photoshop from, because the same picture is still on their site.

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
Killer Lan woooo

said nobody ever

Idk where you're getting Photoshop from, because the same picture is still on their site.

i got it from here, just as before, but at the time i posted that comment that was what it linked me too
i noticed it right after posting the nonedited comment, someone must have seen this rant and decided it was best to restored the "old" version (is there an evga rep lurking here? you, yes you you there, just take a new photo, for christ sake).
in hindsight i should have archived it using some web archive but i didnt even think of it, so yeah there is no way of me proving i didnt shop it myself. still, i have the saved image, from that link, here (just in case some evga fellow decides to start getting smart on me). btw, copying that tranny and pasting it right above, bad job

the bodge remains, i guess

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
but thir old scheme sucks... that bigger "E" there .. just no ...

Just remove it. The heatsink will remain. :)

The Killer LAN though.....that needs to be killed. Seriously. I have never encountered anything but trouble with Killer NICs. The only one in my network that drops out for no reason and defies my efforts for half a day at a time? The PC with Killer. :shadedshu:

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
4 way sli.. Pretty sure the 10 series, just killed quad sli..lol

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11

The Killer LAN though.....that needs to be killed. Seriously. I have never encountered anything but trouble with Killer NICs. The only one in my network that drops out for no reason and defies my efforts for half a day at a time? The PC with Killer. :shadedshu:
This board does at least have an Intel Lan as well, it just annoyed me that they werent both intel, and that so many motherboard manufacturers are STILL sticking these things on

Has ANYBODY heard ANYTHING positive about these things EVER?...lol

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
i got it from here, just as before, but at the time i posted that comment that was what it linked me too
i noticed it right after posting the nonedited comment, someone must have seen this rant and decided it was best to restored the "old" version (is there an evga rep lurking here? you, yes you you there, just take a new photo, for christ sake).
in hindsight i should have archived it using some web archive but i didnt even think of it, so yeah there is no way of me proving i didnt shop it myself. still, i have the saved image, from that link, here (just in case some evga fellow decides to start getting smart on me). btw, copying that tranny and pasting it right above, bad job

the bodge remains, i guess
I looked literally right after you posted in the same spot and it was not shopped. This was within minutes (as in less than 5) so I'm not really sure what you're on about. Not calling you a liar or anything, just that it said new post, read it, checked, and saw the cable still there in each image on their site referencing the back of the board. I even linked a few buds showing them saying lol GG eVGA.

The E is part of the heatsink with a gray sticker overlay on it. You can put a black sticker or paint it all black but unless you replace the heatsink it'll be there. I personally don't find it that bad and I'm glad it's not red like the others.

4 way sli.. Pretty sure the 10 series, just killed quad sli..lol
3 and 4 way are still possible with 10 series.

This board does at least have an Intel Lan as well, it just annoyed me that they werent both intel, and that so many motherboard manufacturers are STILL sticking these things on

Has ANYBODY heard ANYTHING positive about these things EVER?...lol
I've never used 2 NICs on my main desktop board anyways so not really a bother to me. I do wish boards would stop using the junk, but I do believe a standard Windows driver works properly with it without issue. At least that's what I've been told from a friend with a Z97 Fatal1ty board. If this is the case and it acts like a normal Gbe NIC I wouldn't mind using it. Would still rather prefer Intel all the way though.

It's nice for test benches and some of the computer cases. Still there is big bunch of them where 90 degree connector is pain the back side. It's so tight to remove/plug that you can really tear this whole thing if not careful.

I love EVGA, boards running for years and years. But I hate big time that 90 deg connector.