• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Colorful and Bykski Announce Liquid Cooling Ready GTX 1080 FE Bundle

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Wouldn't it be nice if it was as simple as soldering on another power connector to take advantage of the cards capabilities, of course better cooling would also be needed.
There are missing FETs on each power phase and a choke or so for the 6th phase...

I noticed this right away, since they mentioned "dual FET"... then I looked at review PC shots, and only a single FET package was there for each phase on most review cards. So I thought maybe the FE might come with those dual FETs...

...which might add some power handling capabilities or if not, at least it would give better, more consistent voltage supply...

Yet there are some FETs that are input driver plus two FETs in single package (DrMOS), but it's hard to tell what exact FETs are in place, and if those are single FETs on review cards... that's pure BS marketing they gave during launch presentation...

With dual FETs, maybe 8+6 pin might make sense.... and maybe there would be the possibility of like 3GHz+ clocks on LN2... which would make the post above your make even more sense...

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I think many people don't realise that this 1080 is not 'the 4K card', it is the 1440p card.

Only in a hand full of cherry picked common review titles, is it a 1440p capable at 96fps or more. At those ends of the scale, it's only about 10% faster than the 980 TI.